The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

paint help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question paint help

im trying to find a paint that will match the pics i have but i cant find nothin on google....from what i know its matte silver and im sure they used a flattener in the clear but i cant find a code for this silver or simular to is seeing if you guys can help

Old 05-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Take your pic and visit an automotive paint store in your area, they'll be able to come close. Don't know why you made this thread, the answer is common sense.
Gary

Old 05-22-2011, 04:43 PM
man idk y i didnt think of that yea maybe its cause afgahanistan dont have paint shops if i had that choice i would have done that but i dont so y be a smart ***

Old 05-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
+1 on gary and that is one sick puck-up! And please use punctuation..

Old 05-23-2011, 03:09 AM
beb
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
What Gary said...

And my last car was matte, so here are a couple things to consider:

- If you **** anything up, you cannot paint match it. Any painter who guarantees it is 99% likely full of ****. Ive talked to some of the best guys in the industry and they all told me its near impossible to match matte.

- It absorbs things... Last time I got something slightly greasy/oily on it, it took about 6+ months to go away. I tried all types of washes/cleaners too.

- Negatively effects your resale value

- Matte paint seems to chip easier...

That being said, matte is an eye-catcher and when done right; looks so freaking amazing! I would recommend you find a painter who has experience with matte and BASF! Good luck!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by d_villarreal
man idk y i didnt think of that yea maybe its cause afgahanistan dont have paint shops if i had that choice i would have done that but i dont so y be a smart ***
srsly?

Your location doesn't say Afghanistan, your post didn't mention Afghanistan and it's safe to assume that if you're asking about paint, particularly a difficult paint job like matte silver, you're somewhere that could paint the car for you.

I'd guess him genuinely trying to help out some 17-year old with no car knowledge learn that paint shops are the place to ask about paint questions is *more* likely than him being a smartass, knowing that you're in Afghanistan without a paint shop around.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Received 61 Likes on 40 Posts
everything
Common sense FTGDMFW

Old 05-23-2011, 09:40 AM
XiN
Supersonic... Hypertonic

Received 430 Likes on 278 Posts
Itasha Coupe
Also, being in Afghanistan does not excuse your poor grammar skills.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by d_villarreal
Damn son think how lucky you are, in my two tours in Nam the only communication we had with the outside world was hand written letters. You didn't mention in your thread you were deployed. Your address is Texas, I assume they have automotive paint stores in Texas somewhere. Hope you get home soon, go back to school!
Gary

Old 05-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Take your pic and visit an automotive paint store in your area, they'll be able to come close. Don't know why you made this thread, the answer is common sense.
Gary
Agreed or SEND it to a shop where you plan on getting it done at.

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
srsly?

Your location doesn't say Afghanistan, your post didn't mention Afghanistan and it's safe to assume that if you're asking about paint, particularly a difficult paint job like matte silver, you're somewhere that could paint the car for you.

I'd guess him genuinely trying to help out some 17-year old with no car knowledge learn that paint shops are the place to ask about paint questions is *more* likely than him being a smartass, knowing that you're in Afghanistan without a paint shop around.
+1 At no point did you say you went in the states, how were we supposed to know u weren't close to one???

Originally Posted by konxeptionz
Also, being in Afghanistan does not excuse your poor grammar skills.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by beb
What Gary said...

And my last car was matte, so here are a couple things to consider:

- If you **** anything up, you cannot paint match it. Any painter who guarantees it is 99% likely full of ****. Ive talked to some of the best guys in the industry and they all told me its near impossible to match matte.

- It absorbs things... Last time I got something slightly greasy/oily on it, it took about 6+ months to go away. I tried all types of washes/cleaners too.

- Negatively effects your resale value

- Matte paint seems to chip easier...

That being said, matte is an eye-catcher and when done right; looks so freaking amazing! I would recommend you find a painter who has experience with matte and BASF! Good luck!
That's why I love vinyl. Why don't you think about vinyl wrapping the vehicle in question. Email me and we can discuss it!! PHENOMenalVinyl@gmail.com That's my direct email to make it easier since your in Afganistan. Keep up the good work there. Hope to hear from you soon!!