The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Potential for G35 to Become A Classic?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I highly doubt the G35 will become a classic car... way too many produced. The only cars in recent memory made by nissan that I think will/are classics (asides from skylines) are the 300ZX and the 97-98 240sx Kouki's.

Those kouki's hold their value ridiculously well... they still go for 8-10K bone stock in good condition. 300ZX Twin Turbo's go for 15-20K lol.

Old 07-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
The G35/350Z is the next Civic/Integra...plain and simple. They are really cheap and easy to get...mods are plentiful. No classic here. Just going to be a popular platform for tuners...don't know why though. It's heavy and slow. Sure it looks good, but when put in the same class as the M3...what would you rather have?!

Old 07-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I guess it's because I love my car so much that I think this way. Now that people mention how much of a classic car the old Z's are to Nissan enthusiasts, it makes me realize why I think our G35's will become classic or iconic one day. I just think they look unique, and I think they will always be remembered as a great car at least.

Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by willis555
I guess it's because I love my car so much that I think this way. Now that people mention how much of a classic car the old Z's are to Nissan enthusiasts, it makes me realize why I think our G35's will become classic or iconic one day. I just think they look unique, and I think they will always be remembered as a great car at least.
I agree but, I think you ran into trouble with the use of the word classic. I believe they may become desirable/collectible. I personally do not consider the RX-7 or the Supra a classic. Desirable, collectible yes...classic no. I also feel that these cars have both had the same popularity as the G35 with modders... slammed, flush, etc. I think we all can agree that modded cars are less desirable in the used car market. Buyers want stock vechicles so that they can mod them to their own tastes or leave them stock. My opinion is that in future years the cars that stand the best chance of increased value will be the early, stock, very low mileage Gs in like new condition. Time will tell.

Old 07-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
I agree but, I think you ran into trouble with the use of the word classic. I believe they may become desirable/collectible. I personally do not consider the RX-7 or the Supra a classic. Desirable, collectible yes...classic no. I also feel that these cars have both had the same popularity as the G35 with modders... slammed, flush, etc. I think we all can agree that modded cars are less desirable in the used car market. Buyers want stock vechicles so that they can mod them to their own tastes or leave them stock. My opinion is that in future years the cars that stand the best chance of increased value will be the early, stock, very low mileage Gs in like new condition. Time will tell.
Yeah, I guess classic wasn't the right word. On the other hand, I don't think it's been long enough for the RX-7 or Supra. I think those will become known as classic Japanese muscle cars. Again, I could be totally wrong.

Old 07-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That article you read must be from American author so that is why he's favoring American cars. In Japan, authors who write similar articles you read will be saying Skyline, NSX, Supra are classics.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
will the g35 reach classic/legend status?

g35 > g37 in 15 years will it be sought after like some classic cars ala skyline/supra etc...

Old 01-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Received 232 Likes on 183 Posts
Short answer, no.

1. Not rare enough, it had pretty good production/sales numbers throughout it's lifespan
2. Not exactly a "great" sports car, stock it isn't super powerful and doesn't do anything ground breaking as far as handling or braking or any other performance specs.
3. It was available in most major markets in some form or another so it won't be a sought after import like the skyline is in the US.

Having said that, in 20+ years you would probably still see a niche market like there is with old Datsuns, but that's mostly going to be made up of guys that still love the way they look (because they are attractive automobiles) or have sentimental attachments because they owned one in the past and would like to relive the memories.

Will they ever be worth significantly more than you see now like an NSX or Supra? Highly unlikely.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Banned
Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Old 01-02-2013, 01:02 AM
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
just FYI muscle cars did not historically bring in a lot of money at auctions. They have kind of been on a collectors' bubble the past decade and prices have been dropping. My source- listening to too many hours of Mecum auto auctions on TV

Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Not all muscle cars are equal, cars built in low quantities bring big money. A 70 Hemi Convertible Cuda brought $2,000,000.00 at Barrett Jackson and similarly low number Fords and Chevy have sold for 1/2 of that, they have a similar car at Scottsdale in a few weeks which probably won't bring near that kind of money. Cars that bring big money at their (Barrett Jackson) auctions are usually concepts or hand built classics. Mecum is more about muscle cars, you don't see cars selling for as much money at those auctions usually, unless they get a rare Shelby Cobra like the Daytona they had a few years ago. Russo and Steele & RM are two other auction we have annually here in AZ, those get the high end Italian and other big money American & Euro cars, crazy how much some of those cars sell for. I was at the RM auction a few years ago when they had the Grand Sport Corvette, bidding stopped at something like $5,000,000.00 and the car did not sell. I can't say I've ever seen a G35 or Skyline at any auction, but I have seen Turbo Supra's and Turbo RX7's and even a 350Z, I doubt these cars will become classics.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
They are still being featured in video games like the new Need for Speed Most Wanted so they obviously still have a following outside this forum so yes I beleive we could have a future classic on our hands.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by JBz007
They are still being featured in video games like the new Need for Speed Most Wanted so they obviously still have a following outside this forum so yes I beleive we could have a future classic on our hands.

I was pretty excited to see the G35 in the video game but after I started playing the game... it seemed it was always the G that was in my way or would hit me head on.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by Peoria35sedan
Not all muscle cars are equal, cars built in low quantities bring big money. A 70 Hemi Convertible Cuda brought $2,000,000.00 at Barrett Jackson and similarly low number Fords and Chevy have sold for 1/2 of that, they have a similar car at Scottsdale in a few weeks which probably won't bring near that kind of money. Cars that bring big money at their (Barrett Jackson) auctions are usually concepts or hand built classics. Mecum is more about muscle cars, you don't see cars selling for as much money at those auctions usually, unless they get a rare Shelby Cobra like the Daytona they had a few years ago. Russo and Steele & RM are two other auction we have annually here in AZ, those get the high end Italian and other big money American & Euro cars, crazy how much some of those cars sell for. I was at the RM auction a few years ago when they had the Grand Sport Corvette, bidding stopped at something like $5,000,000.00 and the car did not sell. I can't say I've ever seen a G35 or Skyline at any auction, but I have seen Turbo Supra's and Turbo RX7's and even a 350Z, I doubt these cars will become classics.
I did see that auction for that Daytona. You never really know what will end up as a classic. There are probably too many G35's out there to become a desirable classic but who knows what people will like in 30-40 years. My dad gave me a 69 Grande Mustang and I asked him why he didn't get a Mach1 or a Boss. He said back then he thought the Mach was ugly as hell and the Boss too expensive.

Old 01-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by dukehotty
I was pretty excited to see the G35 in the video game but after I started playing the game... it seemed it was always the G that was in my way or would hit me head on.
HA! I know the feeling I actually hate the car in the game because it's always in the way, but still cool its there. The first time I saw it I was like "There's my car!!!" Then ran it over lol.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Potential for G35 to Become A Classic?