The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Got a New Battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Got a New Battery

Wow, what a huge difference a new battery makes. Put in a Diehard Gold last night (actually, had Sears do it). I was still running my OEM battery that was about 6 years old. It really struggled towards the end of last winter, but once the weather warmed up, it seemed to be OK. Weak, but no problem starting. But over the last couple of weeks it started showing it's age again. I knew I had to get this done before it got too cold, so I just headed over there after work. Now it's on steroids when I turn the "key". I thought about a Duralast, but those two are basically tied for the best regular battery you can get.

I'm running a very powerful, 225 Watt Bose setup. And I don't mean 225W for one individual component. No, we're talking the entire system. I think it was some ultra-select, super upgrade you could get in these cars from the factory. Didn't see the need for a high capacity battery like an Optima, even though I will be upgrading audio once the warranty runs out. But it will be something fairly mild, with high-end 100W doors and maybe a 300W boomer (going to keep the Bose HU). I've got a Klipsch setup at home I can use to blow the doors off my neighbors house, so I don't need anything like that in my car.

Paid $110 for the battery and $20 for installation (they tested alternator and starter), plus tax.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah, dying batteries are like that, will eventually start failing to even kick the solenoid one time, then be fine the next time you try. I just replaced the battery two months ago in my ancient pickup when it started doing that, even though the store checked it and said it was OK. No troubles since.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just replaced my battery today too. My car has started nice and quick since I bought it, but I accidentally drained it a couple weeks ago. A couple days after that it started starting really slow. It would turn over slow and take >4 or 5 seconds to start. It was an OEM Infiniti battery too, so it was likely 8 years old and needed replaced soon anyways. New battery fires the car up instantly, I'm happy!