The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Should I stay Infiniti, or get a 350z? Or other?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
If your not into modding urcar i totally understand what u mean. Stock gs are just good looking boats. Personally the styling and interior is what made me get the G over the 350 but performance was an utter dissapointment to b honest.more so bc the ones i test drove were stock and automatic. My current one is a manual and has coilovers..... its a completely different car, i wouldnt trade it for anything in the price range. With that said my buddy has a 350 and everytime i drive it i do smile, its a small little sports car and purpose made for nothing but fun and it handles similarly in day to day .
driving to mine .... and its on a stock suspension. The drawbacks are the interior and my350z.com lol

Also u did alreadyhave a g so i wouldnt get it again.... get a new experience.

for 15k you are a bit limited.. The S4 is amazing to drive, that was also one of my choices as well, they are great to drive and the awd provides an amazing feel, but in my range.... the mileage was too high.
Same thing goes for bmw, the ones youll want have too high mileage and the ones that fit ur price and mileage wont put a smile on your face.

other options could be a mustang, if you dont mind the worst interior on the market the 05-07 are nice and pretty fast, plus if you do get into modding, parts for a mustang are cheap as shitttttt

Pontiac GTO - my buddy got one with 30k miles, for 16k 2 years ago. and that car will push your face fat back!!!! thing is an animal, interior is nice, gearbox isnt great but nothing a short throw cant fix... one of the fastest cars for your money.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree with the GTO. For $15K, it's a fantastic buy.

A 350Z and a G Coupe nearly identical. I would never get a 350Z unless it's a dedicated track car.

FWIW. My friend's bone stock GTO made 340whp. He took the intake off and made 360whp. That intake is a big restriction.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
GTO is a fast car, but a POS as far as build quality, interior, and styling go....the last one being my personal opinion. lol My buddy has one and I feel like I'm riding a $hit can G6 or Grand Am when I'm in that thing....not a vette powered muscle car. There's a reason Pontiac no longer exists.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have wanted a GTO for the longest time. GTO: Gas, Tires, Oil. If it wasn't for the deplorable gas mileage and the $50 increase/month in insurance, I'd be all over one.

I'm really thinking a 350z is the way to go for me. It doesn't have the finish or prestige an Infiniti carries, but it would bring the joy of driving back into my life, something I've long missed. My G35x had a 5/16th spacer, Berk HFC's, Z-tube, coupe middy, etc.

Another thing that has me leaning toward a Z is I already know the ins and outs of the engine. It will most likely get some N/A parts just like my G had but to a further extent.

A G35 coupe is attainable in my price range, but finding one that hasn't been molested and with decent mileage is damn near impossible I have found. The 6MT Z is much more common around here.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm a fan of the Z, but not a fan of not having a back seat. Although I'm not lugging friends around on a regular basis, it's nice to have the space for other things. Maybe if I had a second, larger, car as a daily driver, the Z would be more feasable....but given a single vehicle, the G is a far better choice in my eyes considering the space, quality, and comfort. The Z lacks all three. Insurance-wise, the G was also cheaper for me because of it's back seats and safety ratings. In a nut-shell, those are the main reasons I went with a G instead of a Z.

Old 12-19-2011, 11:16 PM
Received 311 Likes on 227 Posts
For fun Evo, STi or S2000. 350Z is the same as a G35 no matter what everyone says.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:58 AM
Have you driven both? A g35 and a 350z may be the same car but the driving experience is totally different, at least for me.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:12 AM
Originally Posted by dphillips2011
I have wanted a GTO for the longest time. GTO: Gas, Tires, Oil. If it wasn't for the deplorable gas mileage and the $50 increase/month in insurance, I'd be all over one
not sure about insurance... guess its can be particular to each person but The Gto, thanks to gearing, gets pretty good gas mileage. if you do any quantifiable amount of highway driving youll avg better than an a G. Iv never gotten higher than 24mpg on the high way and thats at 54 mph with nerve-racking attentiveness to the steady foot, and i avg about 18 all over. a GTO can achieve 28mpg on the highway with relative ease, its just when you romp on it you can get into the teens bc well... you have 400hp under ur big toe.

Originally Posted by Jhambor
GTO is a fast car, but a POS as far as build quality, interior, and styling go....the last one being my personal opinion. lol My buddy has one and I feel like I'm riding a $hit can G6 or Grand Am when I'm in that thing....not a vette powered muscle car. There's a reason Pontiac no longer exists.
id stress IMO there... ur welcome to urs obviously, but to the OP youd have to sit in one to judge for yourself. I was genuinely surprised at how nice and luxurious it was, build quality... yeah i give that too you, but the cabin is a nice place to be, plus you can fit 4 comfortably

and someone mentioned the intake... yeah the stock one is the least inefficient thing ever but my friend has an (idr the brand) aftermarket one that makes it into a ram air set up, it has the surface area of Neptune and is the single most efficient intake set up iv ever seen lol, never been dynoed, but from what we feel, and the fact that you can hear it sucking in air over the sound of the motor we estimate about a 15-18 rwh gain.

the only thing i dont like about them is that from a profile standpoint it looks like a sardine

Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Have you driven both? A g35 and a 350z may be the same car but the driving experience is totally different, at least for me.
very much +1. stock v stock they are totally different cars

just bc its the same motor doesnt mean same car... the vq35 is in everything

Old 12-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Just put a down payment on a 2005 350z performance package
It does not have the revup motor apparently, which is a plus in my eyes.

Old 12-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
Congratulations, the HR Z will be an addition to my garage soon.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:40 PM
Id like to get my hands on a 370Z....but a 350Z, no thanks.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
OB '04 Coupe Premium w/Performance Wheel & Tire
Originally Posted by Jhambor
Id like to get my hands on a 370Z....but a 350Z, no thanks.
I prefer the look of the 350 over the 370, same goes with the g35 coupe over the g37 coupe.

Old 12-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Here's a little backstory:

I used to own a G35 coupe, and then I got a G35x sedan. I a selling my X on Monday, and have been seriously considering a 350z as my next car. Driving around the G35 has lost it's luster for me; it's just no thrill. I've test drove a 350z and it was such a blast to drive in general. I am in college with no kids, and never have anyone in the car besides my girlfriend, so no reason to have back seats.

I loved my G coupe and sedan, but I have been having the itch for something new. The next car needs to be a manual, which neither of the G's were.

I've been looking at a couple cars, namely the Audi S4 and the 350z (2003-2006). My main question is, are there any other cars around the $15k price range that would be more suitable than a 350z? I am solely looking to have a car that makes me smile just driving it around town, which neither of the G's did for me.

The things I am looking for in my next car are:

-Manual
-Has to get decent gas mileage
-At least as much or close to the power of the G35.

Thanks to anyone that can chime in with an opinion!
Thats why the G was boring it was an automatic......

Old 12-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by spinna001
Thats why the G was boring it was an automatic......
for those that were unfortunate and got automatic... like me... transgo shiift kit was well worth it. i install them for anyone local to socal area. done a few for locals and some forum members.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Should I stay Infiniti, or get a 350z? Or other?