The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

anything i should know before installing steel brake lines?

Old 03-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Received 290 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by funnyscreenname
tonite i decided to change............................................ ...my fiance came out and pumped ..... Until it got hard then held .........down. I loosened.......and watched alittle fluid and air go......... My fiance again pumped........until it was hard and held it down again while i bled it. We went through this process about 5-7 times until i didn't see anymore ...... i called it a nite because my fiance was already half asleep when i had asked her to come out in the first place.
yeah

The following users liked this post:
Eno (03-26-2012)
Old 03-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Niceeee!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ahahahahaha!

Old 03-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Now I really wish I would've proof read that. I'm pretty perverted and I'm sure I would've caught that. I was wondering why I had wood the whole time I was typing that.

Old 03-24-2012, 10:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by funnyscreenname
tonite i decided to change the front driver side brake line since my car is gonna be sitting for about a week (long story). it wasn't as bad as i thought it was going to be. whenever i took off the brake line i thought fluid would just be flowing out but, that wasn't the case at all. i had prepared the garage floor so it wouldn't get brake fluid everywhere and didn't even need it. the fluid came out of course but, not bad. before i began tightening the new brake line i took some napkin and put it through the caliper side line loop so the fluid wouldn't get everywhere. after i took off the old line i started tightening the new line and once tight removed the napkin and started tightening the other side of the line to the caliper. my fiance came out and pumped the brakes until it got hard then held the pedal down. i loosened the bleeder valve and watched alittle fluid and air go through the tubing i put on the valve. my fiance again pumped the pedal until it was hard and held it down again while i bled it. we went through this process about 5-7 times until i didn't see anymore air in the line and i called it a nite because my fiance was already half asleep when i had asked her to come out in the first place.

the rest will probably be done in a few days. i misplaced the clip that holds the brake line in place where it connects to the line on the car. hopefully they'll have a replacement at the parts store. anyway, i was wondering if anyone has used the one man bleeder kits? i've seen them before but, never used one. do these work well? how do they work?
When I swapped mine, I left the lid on the master cylinder so the open lines wouldn't drip as freely. And I just had everything ready as possible so there was minimal time. Not much air was in the lines when I bled them afterwards.

I also tried the one man bleed kit (harbor freight I think). It worked remarkably well. I was surprised. I was going to try it before asking for help. You see, I'm married with kids. The wife isn't as willing to "pump it until it gets hard" as she was when we were engaged....

Old 03-25-2012, 10:40 PM
Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
^ LMAO. it's funny because you aren't the first person i've heard that from.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:38 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by faiz23
yeah
Thanks. I needed that!