The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

F***King depressing, wrecked my G friday.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 04:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I haven't posted pix of my car in a while but it was Liquid Platinum, dropped on y spoke black and polished wheels. Yeah I've been around since I got my car back in 06.

So I took it to Platinum VIP in Irwindale, They told me State Farm should be good about everything, and that with Unibody cars that the sun roof can be a weak point, Because of the impact and the way the car went up and back down that the body probably flexed but went back to its neutral position. The dents on the sun roof are small, about a nickle size going in on the passange side, and on the driver side its a small point that went up maybe 1/8 to 1/4 inch up. So hopefully the frame isn't tweaked.

As for the value, I've been looking at other coupe but don't think I will find one thats been taken care of like my car. It looked like a brand new car inside and out. original black interior looked like new one was ever inside the car. outside original paint look really good. And it had only 80K on the odometer 40k on the motor (dealership replaced for Oil consumption).

When looking at cars as nice as mine with low mileage they were around 13k - 16k, So hopefully state farm doesn't try to screw me.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:01 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Your mileage may save you. These cars bluebook, I've noticed, are heavily dependent on mileage moreso than condition. My car was worth about $20k 3 years ago when I looked it up. FF 3 yrs and 55k miles and its still in the same condition and runs better than ever and its worth between $8-9k. Kind of saddening, but whatever. I don't plan on getting rid of it, so its irrelevant.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:22 PM
thats the thing I didn't plan on ever getting rid of the car, so to me its priceless. But I've been looking at cars in the same mileage range and they are in the 13-15k price range. If they do total it out hopefully they will pay me for the exhaust, suspension and rims that I had on the car.. But I hope that it isn't totaled and can be fixed, cuz I love the car, and nothing else looks good to me, maybe an older nsx but I think it would be retarded to pay 30k for a car from 1995. Maybe a newer M3 but then I'm looking at 30-40k and I don't want payments again, plus bmw maintence ugh no thanx. So yeah

Old 01-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
unfortunately It's been my experience that they only pay out as if the car was stock. Aftermarket exhausts, wheels, and suspension are not covered unless you have a special rider. If i were in your shoes and didn't want to break the bank, I would also consider a clean e46 M3. Maintenance won't be too bad if you find a good independent mechanic.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's too bad, especially reading that you are the original owner of the car. The only positive way to look at this is that the only damage that came out of this is to your car - so be thankful you didn't get hurt. Some things you can't control.

Hopefully your car gets repaired. Otherwise I would use the opportunity to get a newer G37 coupe. The ones with the S sport package look really good. Or maybe if you're in no hurry -'plan to get th e new Q60 next year.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:04 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Keep your chin up man. It aint worth to be dipressed about. There is always another G if this cannot be fixed.

Some motivation for you

https://g35driver.com/forums/picture...-pictures.html

My Gs 4th accident ^

The following users liked this post:
S 854 (02-07-2015)
Old 02-02-2015, 06:28 PM
So I spoke with the body shop on friday. They said insurance came out and did the initial inspection but that they will have to tear down the car and see how bad the damage is underneath. He basically said it can go either way. I'm hoping the car gets fixed.

As far as the g37 or the Q60.
1. The g37 just doesn't do it for me. I don't like the way they changed the lines, its too round for me.
2. As for the Q60, I just don't think I'll be able to afford it right now. My wife is driving an Acura TL that is on its last leg unless I do some serious work to it. So she will be getting a new / newer Tahoe. So there really wont be anything left for me to make payments on another new car, plus house, plus baby, plus she wants another baby.
3. So most likely if the car isn't fixed. I will put the money in the bank until I find something I love and can afford, shes getting the Tahoe, and I'll be driving the Acura (probably with a new tranny) til it dies.

The following users liked this post:
faiz23 (02-02-2015)
Old 02-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by jdmeg21
So I spoke with the body shop on friday. They said insurance came out and did the initial inspection but that they will have to tear down the car and see how bad the damage is underneath. He basically said it can go either way. I'm hoping the car gets fixed.

As far as the g37 or the Q60.
1. The g37 just doesn't do it for me. I don't like the way they changed the lines, its too round for me.
2. As for the Q60, I just don't think I'll be able to afford it right now. My wife is driving an Acura TL that is on its last leg unless I do some serious work to it. So she will be getting a new / newer Tahoe. So there really wont be anything left for me to make payments on another new car, plus house, plus baby, plus she wants another baby.
3. So most likely if the car isn't fixed. I will put the money in the bank until I find something I love and can afford, shes getting the Tahoe, and I'll be driving the Acura (probably with a new tranny) til it dies.
This is the most depressing thing I've ever heard. Society nailed you to the wall. Haha

Old 02-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets find this guy a new affordable G35 guys! Let us know if/what the payout and your budget is OP. Ill keep my out in VA.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
unfortunately It's been my experience that they only pay out as if the car was stock. Aftermarket exhausts, wheels, and suspension are not covered unless you have a special rider. If i were in your shoes and didn't want to break the bank, I would also consider a clean e46 M3. Maintenance won't be too bad if you find a good independent mechanic.
Read your policy. My insurance covers aftermarket up to $500. Anything greater is lost. You can negotiate this with your agent.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:02 AM
yeah I have to look at the policy and see what amount it might cover up to. But I haven't heard from the insurance guy yet and its been about a 2 weeks since I dropped it off. I'm gonna call the body shop today and the insurance to see whats going on.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:31 PM
SOOOOOOooooo I got an update. It will cost $9000 plus to fix my car. Platinum VIP says that state farm will not be totally it out and will be fixing the car. Kennedy let me know that the A-frame was a little tweaked but that the car will be repaired. He also let me know that they have a lifetime warranty on their work. I'm actually really happy, cuz I dont want any other car.

But as a side point this was what was told to me by Kennedy, they still have to hear back from the insurance because the initial inspection was a little under 6000, so they have to add the supplemental stuff they found after the full tear down. I'm keeping my fingers cross

Old 02-06-2015, 01:50 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
So far so good, hope State Farm goes for that extra $3K!
Gary

Old 02-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
With that much damage it won't be the same car after its fixed

Old 02-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
Wont be worth anything either. And sorry you're n this situation. Dont want to find another G?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: F***King depressing, wrecked my G friday.