The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

is a TT worth it at this point?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 12:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
is a TT worth it at this point?

Looking into more power and wondering if a TT is even worth it on the G at this point.

TT is looking like almost 10gs installed, tuned, and done.

My car 2006 coupe 67k miles super clean in and out is prob worth today 14,500 in this market.

so is spending money on a TT thats worth as much as my car even worth it?

The car will prob be worth the same with the TT which sucks but lets be real here.

I am planning on keeping the g for a least 2-3 more years since i love it.

Old 02-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts
Why would you spend that much money on a car you only plan to keep for a couple of years?
Save the money and get something when you sell it. But if you're going to keep the car much longer and care for it better than "just a car" attitude, then yes, you should invest in something.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:14 PM
Wings Nation

Received 626 Likes on 456 Posts
Double your cost estimate unless you plan on replacing your motor by year-end.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (02-06-2015)
Old 02-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
you'd be better off going with a vortech supercharger, you can get about 375whp and like 350w tq or something like that. so it'll be alot more reliable on a stock car vs turbo w/ high torque.

if you did go turbo, go with a single turbo and stay around 375-400whp. from what im seeing the best are soho, boosted performance and momentum performance.

Old 02-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Buy 3KSglt or w/e's turbo setup up as it has all the CUSTOM brackets for garret turbos (which you need to rebuild) and piping. He has it up for like 3K lol.

Use money saved on a prebuilt forged internals set up or go with your own build and get the tune done ... ~~ 10K.

Double HP lol.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:33 PM
Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
10k can buy you a decent car.

Looks like you dont drive the car much if you owned it new. The whole built vs bought thing comes to play here. I would spend my 10k somewhere else. Hell for 10k you can buy a car that will most likely spank a TT g35c and maybe a lot more reliable as well.

I thought about going with a moddest SC setup but it wasnt worth it to me. Unless you just have money to blow or have all your ducks in a row. Because you will NEVER recover the 10k spent on that TT kit.

Old 02-06-2015, 08:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
dont do it if ur only keeping it for 2-3 more years, gonna spend all that money + any issues u run into (blow motor, tranny issues, leaks, maintenance etc)

im going thru the same issue lol but not for TT....thinking about finally getting coils, G is on HR sedan springs with tokico fronts currently. But i also feel like im going be keeping it for another 2 or 3 years more. Had mines for 6.5 years now

Old 02-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
IMO, dont do it if ur not keeping it for the long haul IE pay the car off and have it become ur permanent project car if u like the G that much. if not save up and make a down on something you would truly love.

i would take that 10k as a down on an NSX and make the nsx my play thing FOREVER. thats just me. 10k wont get you a car to blow out a TT G35. itll be a down on something that will however. depends what road you want to take and u need to give more information.

do you want a daily driver that hauls ***, a fun fast weekend car that gives you something to do and learn on, a factory bought no projects car that is classy etc? make that choice before you invest in a aging and depreciating car.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,031 Likes on 948 Posts
Originally Posted by Lolik0
IMO, dont do it if ur not keeping it for the long haul IE pay the car off and have it become ur permanent project car if u like the G that much. if not save up and make a down on something you would truly love. i would take that 10k as a down on an NSX and make the nsx my play thing FOREVER. thats just me. 10k wont get you a car to blow out a TT G35. itll be a down on something that will however. depends what road you want to take and u need to give more information. do you want a daily driver that hauls ***, a fun fast weekend car that gives you something to do and learn on, a factory bought no projects car that is classy etc? make that choice before you invest in a aging and depreciating car.
10K down on a used car that's worth 50K okay good luck with that.

Old 02-06-2015, 10:50 PM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
Not worth it

Old 02-07-2015, 04:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
10k wasn't necessarily a literal thing towards the NSX. Price of current car + money he has for TT towards whatever he deems is worth it or he wants. For me it would be an NSX. The point is for him to figure out what it is he actually wants before spending any money to make a better more informed decision.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Received 260 Likes on 210 Posts
G35
Originally Posted by superblackg35
Looking into more power and wondering if a TT is even worth it on the G at this point.

TT is looking like almost 10gs installed, tuned, and done.

My car 2006 coupe 67k miles super clean in and out is prob worth today 14,500 in this market.

so is spending money on a TT thats worth as much as my car even worth it?

The car will prob be worth the same with the TT which sucks but lets be real here.

I am planning on keeping the g for a least 2-3 more years since i love it.

Modding any car is not worth it if you're looking at it from an investment point of view. Even if its a brand new 60k car and you spend 15k on a turbo kit, you'll never get a penny back and its always a waste.

However modding is a hobby, it all depends how much you wanna enjoy it. Things can get very expensive.

Getting a TT setup should not cost you 10K unless you wanna buy it brand new (which is kinda stupid if you ask me. Tons of TT kits come up for sale for very cheap)

Greddy TT setup would be good choice, if you wanna go single Boosted performance is the way to go.

Greddy TT is safe as long you're keeping your boost between 5.5-7.5. Anything higher you're starting to take chances IMO.

I just bought a Greddy TT kit for my G coupe with 60k miles & I'm installing it as we speak. Its an 04 so its worth less than your car. If you buy a USED TT kit you WILL get most of your money back demodding & selling the parts privately instead of selling the car as a whole.

I have lots of time & money invested into my car. I will never sell it as is. I will demod then sell it

Old 02-09-2015, 10:16 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,038 Likes on 611 Posts
I'd take a boosted Miata + G35 daily driver over a TT G35.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (02-10-2015)
Old 02-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
Originally Posted by bigc
Double your cost estimate unless you plan on replacing your motor by year-end.
Chris is correct ^ enjoy the ride for the next couple years and save your $$...Gary

Old 02-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
If you don't plan on keeping (and fixing) your car for a long time then no it is not 'worth it'. But like someone else said you never mod a car to that extent because it is 'worth it' you do it because it is fun and you enjoy modding.

I could have bought two more stock Gs with the amount I have put into it in the past few months going TT and built motor..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: is a TT worth it at this point?