The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

LOLmustangLOL's build (Progress still to be made)

Old 02-15-2018, 05:25 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Yeah I'm curious what was actually the problem too, did the rings not get sized correctly?

Old 02-15-2018, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Did you do this subframe mod? I'm interested!

Good luck with the situation man.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...r-p-12008.html

Old 02-16-2018, 08:56 PM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
haven't taken it apart yet haven't had the time

Old 03-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Waiting on my HR steering rack to come in, should be a very fun Spring time for me

Old 03-05-2018, 08:24 AM
Ahh feels good, been hittin the gym, making money in the market, car parts coming in. Really good week this week. Lovin' it

Old 03-08-2018, 10:58 PM
can't believe no one wants to buy anything on the motor or the wheels (sigh) gonna be a difficult offseason

Old 03-08-2018, 11:02 PM
locally that is

Old 03-09-2018, 02:36 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sadly this is a new era here which was to be expected. A couple of my other forums have a term to describe the majority of new members, FPFQ. Stands for falling prices, falling quality which describes the members and their rides. Used to be here not so long ago that quality parts were snapped up in a heartbeat off the marketplace. Now not so much. I have a set of front Wilwood 6 pot Superlite calipers and 2 piece rotors on my old G (now the girlfriends) that I would replace with stock in a heartbeat. She doesn't give a **** about what kind of brakes the car has as long as it stops well so it makes sense to sell the Wilwoods. As short as a couple of years ago they would get snapped up in a heartbeat, now I doubt they'd sell at all in the Marketplace.

Sad times my friend and I feel your pain.

The following users liked this post:
LOLmustangLOL (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Received 123 Likes on 107 Posts
The car is cheap now on the used market. I bought my G less than a year ago. It's my second car, coming from a 5 speed Corolla that I sold so I could afford the G. I've been focusing on replacing suspension and exhaust components and maintaining the car properly so it drives like new. I don't buy Ebay parts but I'm not getting new OEM components either, and I do everything myself to save money.

I bought a car with Brembos because I knew I'd want better brakes than the stock 06 and the difference in price between models on the used market wasn't significant.

My car's nowhere near as pretty or as fast as yours, but I love it just the same and want to make it run as long as possible.... and have skills and ideas for a swap once I have another daily in a few years.
Please don't judge all new owners.... It's not very welcoming at all and might be an attitude leading to less newer owners shopping in the Marketplace for partouts and the like.... not that I'm complaining, more parts for me!

Old 03-09-2018, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Sadly this is a new era here which was to be expected. A couple of my other forums have a term to describe the majority of new members, FPFQ. Stands for falling prices, falling quality which describes the members and their rides. Used to be here not so long ago that quality parts were snapped up in a heartbeat off the marketplace. Now not so much. I have a set of front Wilwood 6 pot Superlite calipers and 2 piece rotors on my old G (now the girlfriends) that I would replace with stock in a heartbeat. She doesn't give a **** about what kind of brakes the car has as long as it stops well so it makes sense to sell the Wilwoods. As short as a couple of years ago they would get snapped up in a heartbeat, now I doubt they'd sell at all in the Marketplace.

Sad times my friend and I feel your pain.
Yep even up on other forums I can't catch a break sadly, Facebook groups as well. Sigh

Old 03-10-2018, 09:28 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
The problem isn't the used parts. The problem is some owners sell their used parts for practically the same price as a new part. For example, a guy buys a set of rims for $3200 dollars, rides on them for about 3 years, gets a few scraps here and their and after he's tired of them sells them for $3000 dollars. Are you kidding me, you want someone to pay $3000 for an old set of wheels when they can get a new set for the same price as the old discontinued set their selling. Then there's the shift ***** people sell for insane amounts of money because it's limited edition. Here's another example. I bought a 4080 sub box for my coupe with a JL sub already installed from a member on this forum (great guy) for $300. After doing some research I found, they no longer make the sub boxes that fit on the driver and passenger side of my trunk and, the JL sub is great quality so the price he was asking was a steal.

I also bought my Exoticspeed exhaust from a different member on this forum for $600. I saved $700 over a new one. People need to understand if you're selling USED parts you need to be reasonable on the price or at least be willing to negotiate so ALL parties involved can feel they've gotten a fair deal. The buyer doesn't want to low ball the seller BUT, the buyer doesn't want to feel he or she has been given the shaft because of a so called rare part. Truth is, most buyers like the look of the part. They don't care how rare it is. Especially on a car that's value has declined considerably. If you guys really want to get rid of your parts, give a fair price, your parts will get sold and your pockets will get fat.

One more thing. EBay sells quality parts just well as junk.

Old 03-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
The problem isn't the used parts. The problem is some owners sell their used parts for practically the same price as a new part. For example, a guy buys a set of rims for $3200 dollars, rides on them for about 3 years, gets a few scraps here and their and after he's tired of them sells them for $3000 dollars. Are you kidding me, you want someone to pay $3000 for an old set of wheels when they can get a new set for the same price as the old discontinued set their selling. Then there's the shift ***** people sell for insane amounts of money because it's limited edition. Here's another example. I bought a 4080 sub box for my coupe with a JL sub already installed from a member on this forum (great guy) for $300. After doing some research I found, they no longer make the sub boxes that fit on the driver and passenger side of my trunk and, the JL sub is great quality so the price he was asking was a steal.

I also bought my Exoticspeed exhaust from a different member on this forum for $600. I saved $700 over a new one. People need to understand if you're selling USED parts you need to be reasonable on the price or at least be willing to negotiate so ALL parties involved can feel they've gotten a fair deal. The buyer doesn't want to low ball the seller BUT, the buyer doesn't want to feel he or she has been given the shaft because of a so called rare part. Truth is, most buyers like the look of the part. They don't care how rare it is. Especially on a car that's value has declined considerably. If you guys really want to get rid of your parts, give a fair price, your parts will get sold and your pockets will get fat.

One more thing. EBay sells quality parts just well as junk.

2200 on a used motor with 6k miles and 2300 on wheels worth 4200 new is a pretty good deal IMO

Old 03-10-2018, 10:23 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
I have to agree

Old 03-10-2018, 10:25 PM
Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
I don't think he was attacking your prices. Those prices seem like a good deal to me. Wheels look awesome and in good condition. But both of those things are local pickup which really limits your options. Also I'd never buy wheels that cost 1/3 of my cars value. That's just the g35 market these days. Except for some rare things that keep going up like projectors and clear corners.

Old 03-10-2018, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG
I don't think he was attacking your prices. Those prices seem like a good deal to me. Wheels look awesome and in good condition. But both of those things are local pickup which really limits your options. Also I'd never buy wheels that cost 1/3 of my cars value. That's just the g35 market these days. Except for some rare things that keep going up like projectors and clear corners.
thing is these fit g37, 350z, g35 and 370z

dunno about the Q60

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.