The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

My interior work in progress

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 11:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My interior work in progress

A couple months ago I decided I would vinyl wrap my interior. Anyone that has tried vinyl wrapping the centre console would know that it is complete pain in the ***. Moreover, in the end the centre console will look cheap.

Therefore, I decided I would paint my interior. And even though it's been a pain in the ***, I have been loving the end product.

Example of one of my work in below in the picture. I will post all the work soon (hopefully next week) once the leather seats are finished.

Anyways, let me know what you think of the work. Moreover, add a comment if you have vinyl wrapped the interior of your car.

Before sandpaper

After Sandpaper

After Paint (by the way it's just the light, not a scratch and I will be adding cutting compound, polish and wax soon).

At the moment I have done about 25 pieces such as front centre console, back centre console, door trim, windows switch bezel, glove box etc.

Last edited by Nissan-V35; 02-19-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:49 AM
Post more pictures! Love to see this and maybe even a post in the DIY forum?

Old 02-20-2017, 07:37 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I've vinyl wrapped the panel above the clock. I plan to wrap the entire dash to cover the cracks

Old 02-20-2017, 09:01 AM
@brojohanson In all honesty, I prefer posting the pictures once everything is complete (leather seats)
I dropped the car today to get some custom leather upholstery done. The guy said it should be finished in 6 days. I will post maybe another picture such as the centre console or maybe the dash kit.

@CFE4130 Do you have any pictures of the work? Did you sandpaper the panel? If not was the panel smooth panel?

Regarding vinyl wrapping the dashboard. Holy **** that's a lot of work. You will need to remove the entire dashboard so you can vinyl wrap it by the way. I had cracks on my dashboard and was thinking maybe trying fiberglassing the dashboard. However, I found an excellent condition dashboard for $70 and purchased it.

It might be a lot cheaper for you to just buy a better dashboard. Anyways now that I have 2 dashboards I am going to test and see if I can sandpaper and paint the dashboard.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:10 AM
I can get you a picture later. I didn't sand paper it and it was not smooth, stock texture. It came out fine for my first time vinyl wrapping anything.
I don't think I need to remove the entire dash to wrap it. All of the vents and sensors pop out. It will take time and patience.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:02 AM
The following users liked this post:
lasen72 (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by CFE4130
I can get you a picture later. I didn't sand paper it and it was not smooth, stock texture. It came out fine for my first time vinyl wrapping anything.
I don't think I need to remove the entire dash to wrap it. All of the vents and sensors pop out. It will take time and patience.
Trust me if you want it to look good you will need to take the dashboard out.
Moreover, you will need to sandpaper it. The dashboard is not smooth thus it's going look cheap if you don't sandpaper. I had this problem with the centre console. It took me forever to put the vinyl wrap on, but in the end it looked cheap.

However, I did go with gloss black vinyl and obviously with black you see scratches, bubbles etc more often.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.