The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Suspension Woes

Old 06-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LoSt180
What is the current alignment spec? That way we could try to tell if Z springs are installed.

Highly doubt the springs have "settled". More than likely the thick rubber mounts the springs sit on have compressed, lowering the ride height a little bit. You can try to find new rubber mounts, or you can just pick up a set of SPC rear camber arms and toe bolts to get the rear back into spec. It's fine that you aren't lowered, they really just provide a slightly larger range of adjust-ability over the OEM parts. You don't even need SPC, heck even Rock Auto as adjustable arms rebranded under several brands, but look just like the SPC parts (Moog, ACDELCO, etc).
Toe angles are all within spec.

Front camber: Left: 1.36° Right: either +1.47° or -1.47° (water spilt on page can't tell)
Rear camber: Left: 2.54° Right: 2.35°

You might be right about those mounts though. I notice heavy clunking in the rear over bumps. Would that be due to mounts?

I'll look into the camber kits if the springs kindly offered by dEnbOy and mounts don't solve the issues. Either way I'm excited to feel the increased rear spring rate from those sport springs I was actually thinking about installing front/rear camber kits anyways just so I could dial in my camber exactly where I want it.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.