The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Suspension Woes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Suspension Woes

I have a 2007 G35 Coupe with about 70K miles or 115K km and the base model suspension.

I went to a shop to get my alignment done and was told they were not able to get my rear camber within spec, because my springs are worn out and sagging too low.

I havent heard of springs really needing to be replaced on on-road vehicles. I'm wondering if the previous owner installed 350Z springs.

Does anyone know how I would tell if my springs are worn out, or if I just have 350z springs?

Thanks

Old 06-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by canehdian_guy
I have a 2007 G35 Coupe with about 70K miles or 115K km and the base model suspension.

I went to a shop to get my alignment done and was told they were not able to get my rear camber within spec, because my springs are worn out and sagging too low.

I havent heard of springs really needing to be replaced on on-road vehicles. I'm wondering if the previous owner installed 350Z springs.

Does anyone know how I would tell if my springs are worn out, or if I just have 350z springs?

Thanks
springs definitely go bad. Give us a pic of your wheel well gap.

Old 06-10-2017, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,017 Likes on 936 Posts
Fender distance to ground also, in the case of aftermarket wheels.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
springs definitely go bad. Give us a pic of your wheel well gap.
Cool thanks. Actually rread an old post in which springs were replaced under warranty.

My phone cams broken but I'll find a way to upload a pic later.

What would you guys suggest as for replacing the springs go if I want to maintain the stock ride height?

I called infiniti and they want over $1000CAD for the springs.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:59 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by canehdian_guy
Cool thanks. Actually rread an old post in which springs were replaced under warranty.

My phone cams broken but I'll find a way to upload a pic later.

What would you guys suggest as for replacing the springs go if I want to maintain the stock ride height?

I called infiniti and they want over $1000CAD for the springs.
holy **** are you serious? Haha

you could just try to find a low mileage junker. I'm sure there's someone here with some stickers considering everyone here lowers theirs. Post a WTB thread, I'm sure you'll find some in no time.

Old 06-12-2017, 05:13 PM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Ill sell you mine for $800. That's a steal

Ill even throw in my S-Techs....

Old 06-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Lol! I know it's outrageous. There's actually some on sale locally but I have no way of verifying the condition.

Actually does anyone know if there is a way to verify the condition of springs without installing them?

Old 06-14-2017, 03:19 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
If this wasn't a NTB I advise you to go there. NTB is one of the few places that have true state of the art equipment other shops don't have.

The only reason at all your car can't get back into spec in the rear is if your car was lowered another inch from stock maybe 1.5 inches. Or if you have warn bushings causing your camber issues.

I'm not sure what all was said and what you have done to the car. If they threw it on an alignment rack than they should have gave you a before and after spec printout. That way we can see what's going on or if they are idiots.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think maybe its time to just upgrade to some coilovers and maybe give yourself a slight drop. should still be able to get everything back in within specs

Old 06-15-2017, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by IMfam0us
I think maybe its time to just upgrade to some coilovers and maybe give yourself a slight drop. should still be able to get everything back in within specs
I'm thinking about it. I'm pretty happy with the stock ride height though. The local track has pretty high curbs so it'd be easy to bottom out.

Right now I'm between picking up some KW V3's or Koni Yellows on stock springs.

Some guy on craigslist is selling his springs and shocks for $80. If I can do the install myself I might consider trying those out.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:29 AM
One of the things I'm worried about with coils is clunking etc. The guy on craigslist selling his springs said the BC coilovers he installed starting clunking at 5000km.

Old 06-15-2017, 01:38 PM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
I have OEM sport springs sitting in my garage, about 20k km on them.

Let me know if you're interested, I'd almost be willing to give them to you for free if you pay for shipping hah. One less box in my garage =P

Old 06-15-2017, 02:45 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
What is the current alignment spec? That way we could try to tell if Z springs are installed.

Highly doubt the springs have "settled". More than likely the thick rubber mounts the springs sit on have compressed, lowering the ride height a little bit. You can try to find new rubber mounts, or you can just pick up a set of SPC rear camber arms and toe bolts to get the rear back into spec. It's fine that you aren't lowered, they really just provide a slightly larger range of adjust-ability over the OEM parts. You don't even need SPC, heck even Rock Auto as adjustable arms rebranded under several brands, but look just like the SPC parts (Moog, ACDELCO, etc).

Old 06-19-2017, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by dEnbOy.GFM
I have OEM sport springs sitting in my garage, about 20k km on them.

Let me know if you're interested, I'd almost be willing to give them to you for free if you pay for shipping hah. One less box in my garage =P
Yes please, sir! PM'd

Old 06-19-2017, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
What is the current alignment spec? That way we could try to tell if Z springs are installed.

Highly doubt the springs have "settled". More than likely the thick rubber mounts the springs sit on have compressed, lowering the ride height a little bit. You can try to find new rubber mounts, or you can just pick up a set of SPC rear camber arms and toe bolts to get the rear back into spec. It's fine that you aren't lowered, they really just provide a slightly larger range of adjust-ability over the OEM parts. You don't even need SPC, heck even Rock Auto as adjustable arms rebranded under several brands, but look just like the SPC parts (Moog, ACDELCO, etc).
Toe angles are all within spec.

Front camber: Left: 1.36° Right: either +1.47° or -1.47° (water spilt on page can't tell)
Rear camber: Left: 2.54° Right: 2.35°

You might be right about those mounts though. I notice heavy clunking in the rear over bumps. Would that be due to mounts?

I'll look into those camber kits if the springs dEnboy.GFM kindly offered and the mounts don't fix the issue. Either way I'm excited for those sport springs increased rear rate thanks again, dEnbOy!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.