The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Power steering pressure sensor (please.. Help.. Seriously starting to lose it)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power steering pressure sensor (please.. Help.. Seriously starting to lose it)

Posted a couple other threads but can't seem to narrow my issue(s) down.. Previous thread with entire story below:

https://g35driver.com/forums/general...27-no-cel.html

03 G35 coupe / 5AT / 120k miles

Long story short.. Currently being plagued with a P0550 code. I just need to find out of this sensor has any correlation with the Knock Sensor?

Experienced loss of power randomly one day.. Night to day difference here... Lowered MPGs.. Sometimes a not so steady idle as well. Consult pulled P0327 & P0550 (knock sensor short or open cirq. & power steering pressure sensor high input)

Ended up changing the the knock harness (Z1 motorsports) P0327 went away and replaced with P0328 (knock sensor high input) so i changed that out as well. I now have P0550 (never went away) & P0328.. Still have no CEL or any other lights. Just codes, and loss of low end torque & overall smoothness

1) if the PSP sensor fails, will it put for sure put you in limp mode? Can't really find any evidence that supports this.. Spoke with Northshore Infiniti & the service guy said he "believes it can decrease performance when cornering" but that isn't exactly my problem.. Heard elsewhere that it can put you in full limp mode.

2) if in limp mode; can that trigger knock sensor codes due to retarded timing and possible low frequency knocks? Do these sensors communicate with each other at all?

3) if not question #2; could my P0328 be legit considering i used an Autozone AEM sensor vs the OEM one? Has anyone ever heard of a AEM KS just NOT working at all?

Any help, and advise is highly appreciated..

Thank you..

Last edited by DriftRoundUrMum; 07-18-2017 at 10:25 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.