The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

1st gen G35 SEDAN EXHAUST?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st gen G35 SEDAN EXHAUST?

What are some simple bolt on options I have? I want somethin semi loud, not ricey but something I’ll be able to hear. Everything i find when searching is directed mostly to coupes. Any help would be appreciated.thanks

Old 10-30-2017, 05:14 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Hmmm you might want to re-learn how to use the search feature. Took me .13 seconds to find all this.

https://g35driver.com/forums/search....rchid=17615639

Old 11-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Big earl. Check out the Beautiful Exhaust Note thread above.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK… Where should I start? I really appreciate you guys taking the time out of your day to even reply to my post but I didn’t make this post asking for you to redirect me to another post ......(in which I thought that post was really cool) but he didn’t really answer my question as to some options I have with a 2003 G 35 sedan when it comes to buying aftermarket exhaust and being able to take it out directly out of the box and bolt it right on my car .....that will give me a little bit crisper louder/deeper sound then my stock exhaust. Now I am not trying to be a smart *** or anything but finally if I wanted to be redirected to post I would’ve asked you guys for links of some posts that Could help me in this matter. But you know WHAT!!?!?!? I’m trying to get information From 1st gen G35s sedan owners That have experience with them mechanically and with visual parts and are able to chat and answer a few questions I have. Just trying to get good advice guys give me a break. I would like something that kind of sounds similar to the the invidia Gemini on the 350 Z or an agency power exhaust. somebody please help me with your knowledge and experience and not another link. I understand that it gets tedious seeing theese questions over and over but put Yourself in my shoes I do not have much experience with cars I have not really worked on cars I don’t know much about exhaust systems or anything and I would like some advice from someone that knows more than I do. The link was cool when it came to showing me the different sounds (exhaust Notes) but it still doesn’t tell me what ones I can just take out of the box and bolt-on to my car I thought I asked a pretty simple Straight forward question for all of you. It doesn’t have to take 45 minutes to reply just simply the name and style of exhaust the is compatible with my gen 1..... it would be nice to find someone e worn a sedan that could chat back-and-forth and let me know some top of the line performance modifications and cosmetic mods that Icould apply to my sedan. To those that did help me I really appreciate your patience and your ability to not be smart asses and actually help a guy that needs the information that he is asking for.... I know it is easy to be a smart *** online but for real!!, stop making an *** out of yourself and help somebody that is in need of some information ALREADY!THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THEESE FORUMS ARE UP AND RUNNING.... so ppl with one common interest can all learn off of each other’s experience and knowledge to achieve one simple goal to customize fix or modify our G 35‘s to our special liking mechanically and visually thanks guys and I really hope someone takes the time to reply with unintelligent post if you’re going to waste my time with being an ******* don’t even bother thank you

Old 11-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Bigearl - Sorry. Didn't intend to offend. I don't know what those systems sound like that you're referring to. But I have at least an option that does bolt right in. At least it does on the G35 coupe. I was hoping to find a sedan owner who would want to trial (for free) what I have as an option, that is if the sedans' exhaust is the same or similar to the coupe's. I am learning these vehicles myself. Doesn't sound like this would work out for a trial, but I hope the community leads you down the right path for you!

7milesout

Old 11-04-2017, 08:35 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
I think it's Gary that sings praise about the magnaflow exhaust for the sedan. There's a lot of options, hit up youtube and search "g35 sedan <insert manufacturer> cat back exhaust" to get a decent idea of how they sound, try to find fly-by videos and not just the "camera looking at tailpipe" ones.

When you do make a decision hit up the vendor sub-forum and contact for pricing, they will normally match or beat other sites.

Personally the ones that catch my attention are:

-Motordyne TDX2
-Tanabe Medallion
-Magnaflow

But there are many options available. Hope this helps, it's hard to avoid making the vehicle sound "ricey" as you put it, I assume you're talking about RASP which is that tinny high pitched sound some systems make, most reputable brand name systems are engineered to NOT sound raspy but sometimes it's almost unavoidable. Keeping the stock cat will limit the rasp but still kills performance, anything that lets more air volume through is by nature going to allow more overall SOUND to come through as well and allowing certain frequencies through makes for rasp and/or drone. A well engineered system includes resonators to limit unwanted frequencies, some do this better than others.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:32 AM

Earl, Earl, Earl. No one here is trying to be disrespectful so there's no need to get butt hurt and offended. You've been a member here for over a year so you should know that searching for info on questions you have is a forum rule, not just a suggestion. We are here to help but we're not here to spoon feed every new member answers to all their questions. If we did, this forum would get so cluttered that it would be nearly impossible to organize it so it worked efficiently. That includes beating a dead horse by creating new threads for common topics by every new member that comes along.

Also you'll get a lot more help from the forum if you make intelligent, mature comments. Your OP is a rambling, nearly impossible to read mess. I know the importance of spelling, grammar and punctuation are going the way of the dodo bird in this new age of texting and Twitter which is cool for one or 2 sentence messages but here it is still appreciated.

I will encourage you to read through this definitive thread and you are welcome to ask questions to your heart's desire there, the thread's purpose is to answer every single question you've asked. On a side note the best sedan exhaust is relatively unobtainable due to the minute number of systems produced (~22), the Motordyne VQ. If you ever see one pop up for sale jump on it. It sounds soooo sexy!

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...mpilation.html

Old 11-06-2017, 12:42 AM
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Bigearl503
OK… Where should I start? I really appreciate you guys taking the time out of your day to even reply to my post but I didn’t make this post asking for you to redirect me to another post ......(in which I thought that post was really cool) but he didn’t really answer my question as to some options I have with a 2003 G 35 sedan when it comes to buying aftermarket exhaust and being able to take it out directly out of the box and bolt it right on my car .....that will give me a little bit crisper louder/deeper sound then my stock exhaust. Now I am not trying to be a smart *** or anything but finally if I wanted to be redirected to post I would’ve asked you guys for links of some posts that Could help me in this matter. But you know WHAT!!?!?!? I’m trying to get information From 1st gen G35s sedan owners That have experience with them mechanically and with visual parts and are able to chat and answer a few questions I have. Just trying to get good advice guys give me a break. I would like something that kind of sounds similar to the the invidia Gemini on the 350 Z or an agency power exhaust. somebody please help me with your knowledge and experience and not another link. I understand that it gets tedious seeing theese questions over and over but put Yourself in my shoes I do not have much experience with cars I have not really worked on cars I don’t know much about exhaust systems or anything and I would like some advice from someone that knows more than I do. The link was cool when it came to showing me the different sounds (exhaust Notes) but it still doesn’t tell me what ones I can just take out of the box and bolt-on to my car I thought I asked a pretty simple Straight forward question for all of you. It doesn’t have to take 45 minutes to reply just simply the name and style of exhaust the is compatible with my gen 1..... it would be nice to find someone e worn a sedan that could chat back-and-forth and let me know some top of the line performance modifications and cosmetic mods that Icould apply to my sedan. To those that did help me I really appreciate your patience and your ability to not be smart asses and actually help a guy that needs the information that he is asking for.... I know it is easy to be a smart *** online but for real!!, stop making an *** out of yourself and help somebody that is in need of some information ALREADY!THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THEESE FORUMS ARE UP AND RUNNING.... so ppl with one common interest can all learn off of each other’s experience and knowledge to achieve one simple goal to customize fix or modify our G 35‘s to our special liking mechanically and visually thanks guys and I really hope someone takes the time to reply with unintelligent post if you’re going to waste my time with being an ******* don’t even bother thank you
Time spent typing out temper tantrums is better spent researching.
What's your budget?
6MT or auto? X?
Emission testing in your area?
How many years til you're old enough to drive it?

Old 11-06-2017, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bigearl503
I really hope someone takes the time to reply with unintelligent post
LOL say what???? (senses Freudian slip?)

if you’re going to waste my time with being an ******* don’t even bother thank you
Wrong answer, this sentence always brings the kind of response you asked not to get. Hopefully one of these days you'll get it.......

Old 11-07-2017, 06:30 AM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
I love a good flaming post early in the morning!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.