G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

new be

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35
new be

what i the best way to buy a used g37 red coupe? i am a little afraid of getting a car delivered. i live in albuquerque and not too many red coupes seem to come along. let me know the firms that are good delivering cars with some sort of guarantee you will like everything involved in buying a car an dcould get your money back if necessary. jack.

Old 08-11-2020, 11:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 xs
I’ve only heard bad things about shipping companies, they often delay your shipment unless you pay them extra, and often scratch up cars.

Would you consider buying the cheapest color you can find and then getting it dipped or autoflexed?

Autoflex looks really good IF done right, costs around $2k (consider that shipping a car can be expensive) and you can get whatever custom shade of red or any other color you’d like. The autoflex website says they don’t have any locations in NM but they have one coming soon. If you were interested I’d recommend calling them and asking when/where they’re opening near you.

Old 08-11-2020, 12:27 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
04 6mt Coupe - motordyne 5/16 ART pipes TDX2; KWv2; Hotchkiss; custom seats.
Ideas off the top of my head because I have no actual data regarding shipping companies and certainly not in New Mexico, but know people who do buy and ship cars that I can't afford without some winning lotto numbers (please pm me if you have them):

Check with your local area car enthusiast groups like cars & coffee or whatever. If they have a forum or social media presence, ask the group for their experiences. In a metro area there are bound to be people who have either a) had a car shipped and can make recommendations or b) work in used car procurement/sales and can either help with buying or offer advice or c) work in or know someone who works in towing/recovery/shipping.

Shop key areas that you can get a one-way flight to. When you find a gem, work with seller to explain your situation and bring the car to a shop of your choice to have an inspection (at your cost) or use one of those online services for inspection (I've heard mixed reviews). Research tag laws and process for any state you're buying from, and maybe arrange to meet on a weekday at the dmv or whatever office issues tag/title to do a once-over/test drive and purchase so you can do transfer, get temporary tags, and drive home without issue from the police. I've seen lots of listings in TX that are tempting, but it will take the right car and seller to make it worth the extra work for either side (same is true for shipping a car).

You could also try services like Carvana, I have a neighbor who bought a car from them and it was a hassle free purchase similar to going to Carmax or similar lots. Personally I wouldn't go that route, but it's an option. You could also try finding a reputable auction broker who can shop the resale auctions for you and inspect/deliver the car to your area, but be sure to read and understand the terms/contracts for these types of purchases.

Good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.