G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

G35 in need of help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 03:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35
G35 in need of help

So im new hear but i recent had a my car shut of while driving i know first thing change the sensors so i did n didnt fix the problem changed the battey that was a no go and i hear the fuel pump but theres a whinning noise coming from passenger side bottom engine or tire area i wish the obd would connect to the ecu i did the obd test mode the ses light did blink but i didnt know how to read them car is going on a week now any help would be gratefull but one more thing i was driving hit started to over heat but i pulled over it got to the first line not the top one. Did this about 2-3 times driving bck from az but i pulled the radatoir cap off had no coolant so put warm water and it start when about 15mph and the car shut off after i put water check the coils no water or coolant in them

Last edited by Dannyg35c¿; 08-21-2020 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 01:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Having a hard time narrowing down your issue.... when the car died while driving was it overheating then as well?

Usually if it dies while driving i would blame the alternator..

the whining noise happens when? as your driving or as you try to start the car?

when you fill the radiator do you see or can you see any leaks or puddles on the ground? if your adding fluid and it is burning up without leaks that's a whole new issue..

i had a 1998 Pontiac that blew the water pump while driving and it sent all my systems into chaos and cause the car to stall and dump all my fluid... not saying that is your issue but another thing to think of....

Old 08-21-2020, 01:30 PM
G35
Originally Posted by Dannyg35c¿
So im new hear but i recent had a my car shut of while driving i know first thing change the sensors so i did n didnt fix the problem changed the battey that was a no go and i hear the fuel pump but theres a whinning noise coming from passenger side bottom engine or tire area i wish the obd would connect to the ecu i did the obd test mode the ses light did blink but i didnt know how to read them car is going on a week now any help would be gratefull but one more thing i was driving hit started to over heat but i pulled over it got to the first line not the top one. Did this about 2-3 times driving bck from az but i pulled the radatoir cap off had no coolant so put warm water and it start when about 15mph and the car shut off after i put water check the coils no water or coolant in them
no there were no leaks oil when i opened the radatoir cap when it was hot no leaks under car but the car was crank when i got it home but i did it a few fimes but i alaways recharged the battery but the whinning noise was the fan under passger side it died when it was at 4 inchs below hot but it seemed like the car went into limp mode before it died

Old 08-21-2020, 02:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when you say you changed the sensors which ones? Camshaft sensors?

im still stuck on your coolant issue... if your adding fluid and cant find any leaks of coolant(not oil) the car could have shut off due to overheating...
If the reservoir fills when warmed up but won't allow coolant to return to the radiator, that's the cap. In this case, coolant is continually pushed into the reservoir and in turn pushed out of the reservoir vent, causing the radiator to lose coolant. Make sure you have the right cap or replace it if bad..

just trying to understand your issue better and offer simpler suggestions for now.. i am not a professional mechanic just giving you ideas from my experiences.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:22 PM
G35
]okay let me explain the coolant issue so first off i got the car and i noticed the wires by the bottom right under the window wiper tank all the wires were messed up so not now how they go i got a pin to connect them all togther and that stop my engine from overheating and A/t to work again but once those connected wires came off the pin even one the car would overheat n the a/t light came on n no D on dash
all 2cams n one crank. But then again the i did take off the raiditor cap a few maybe i didnt put back on right would that be the cause of a no start?

Last edited by Dannyg35c¿; 08-21-2020 at 02:32 PM.