G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pleaseee help!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pleaseee help!!!!

hi guys, im new to the forum...just brought home my G35 today...picked it up, did the deal and transaction...drove it home like a beauty...it ran and drove so smooth! I shut the car off and washed it and sprayed it with some quick detailer...when i went back two hours later to start the car and go out and the service engine light came on and the VDC OFF light came on and the rpms were dead, i mean when i hit the gas pedal in neutral or in gear the car wouldnt go anywhere! if it helps theres a small ticking noise coming from the engine and theres a ticking noise coming fom the rear(i think it may have something to do with the lowering springs?)

its an 2004 coupe with 55*** miles or 88*** kms....if anyone can help me please let me know what to do...thanks

Old 09-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Received 182 Likes on 142 Posts
Hmmmm... Exactly how car savvy are you? When does the ticking noise occur? I assume the car does not turn on at all, since the RPMs are at 0. Right? Help us help you. I'm concerned for you since this is your first day T-T

Old 09-11-2011, 02:19 AM
no the car turns on fine, then the engine check light pops up right away, and then then the vdc off light comes on a few moments after and thats when the car wont rev...or at least when i hit the gas pedal the rpm gauge barely moves, and the knocking at first i thought might have been the air conditioning, but then i turned it off and approx. every 2 minutes you can here a knock come from the engine...i mean i dont get it, the car drove home perfectly fine, any ideas or advice into what i should do?

Old 09-11-2011, 02:32 AM
Banned
Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Turn it off and turn it on again and see what happens. Maybe water got into something and F'd something up? Was the car in an accident before? Maybe water got into some wiring harness or the ecu?

If you're in gear and the car doesn't move, it could be a busted tranny.

Do you drive an auto?

The ticking from the engine is normal. The VQ isn't the quietest motor out there. If it's knocking, quit using cheap fuel.

Last edited by jibberjabbers; 09-11-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:43 AM
Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Scan the ECM for codes.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:34 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Like above mentioned, help us help you. It sounds like there is more to the story than what you have said. Did you do anything else to your car besides a wash? You very vaguely threw in lowered springs, what's up with that?

Old 09-11-2011, 03:53 AM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
1. is it a ticking sound (sounds like electrical sparks) when the car turns off or is it a knocking sound (sounds like 2 objects hitting each other)

2. can you take a video clip of the entire process and post it to youtube? preferably take the video during the day

Old 09-11-2011, 02:33 PM
ok so the service engine light is now permantly on...and i literaly hand washed the car, did NOT try and clean anything in the engine or under the hood...the car came with lowering springs, and to the best of my knowledge theres apparently a common problem with g35s and a ticking noise coming from the rear end during take off??

my car is a 6 speed manual...i just got the car yesterday, and the seller gave it to me with a full tank of gas, so its possible that he put 87 octane in?

the knocking noise does not sound like its ticking, more like 2 objects knocking, but the noise happens while the car is in idle,NOT TURNED OFF

and to the best of my knowledge no the vehicle was not in an accident, and if it was, then they did a dam fine job in the body shop, because EVERYTHING looks stock, and i compared all body panel color shades to their adjacent body panels and they all look the same

and again i just picked up the car yesterday... only modifications done to the car are lowering springs...when i got home i hand washed it not touching anything under the hood, and then sprayed it down with some meguiars quick detailer...after that i started the car(started fine and sounded fine) and the service engine light came on and the vdc off light came on as well...i tried hitting the gas just to hear that sweet exhaust note that im in love with and the rpms barely move...i then put the car into reverse to try and reverse out of my drive way and when i hit the gas it wouldnt go...i started the car 2 more times after this and the same thing happend...the the 4th time i was finally able to put it in gear and drive, and no vdc off light was on, just the service engine soon light...started my car this morning to go to work, and the service engine light was still on but the car drove fine

Old 09-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude just take it to a mechanic to get the engine light code figured out. takes 5 minutes and should be cheap and direct to the problem.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i mean the first thing to do whenever you buy a used car is have a mechanic you trust check it out anyways

Old 09-11-2011, 02:44 PM
i bought the car certified, which in ontario canada means the car has to go through a vigorous inspection from head to toe, front to back checking most things on the car...it passed lol and i was trying to arrange my mechanic to look at the car, but the seller lived about 40 mins away and it really didnt work out for neither me or the seller due to our hefty work scheduals

Old 09-11-2011, 02:46 PM
could it be the spark plugs? i read a thread that spoke about oil pooling up around the spark plugs and causing engine to misfire?

Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 PM
thanks for all the help so far guys...im going to get that done first thing tommorow and keep everyone posted...COWBOYS GAME TONIGHT! WOOOO

Old 09-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Received 350 Likes on 232 Posts
you can get an ODB scanner from canadian tire this week for 50% off

where in Ontario are you located? toronto?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pleaseee help!!!!