The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When I first bought the car, sometimes I would feel like I'm driving a boat. The fact I don't have a CD009 in my car, so my weak syncro...and of course the awful heat seater switch placement for my production range giving me sweat stains on my *** right before I go walk to the other end of campus. Gonna pull that damn fuse this summer..

Old 02-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by rmacinni
When I first bought the car, sometimes I would feel like I'm driving a boat. The fact I don't have a CD009 in my car, so my weak syncro...and of course the awful heat seater switch placement for my production range giving me sweat stains on my *** right before I go walk to the other end of campus. Gonna pull that damn fuse this summer..
Why are you upset with Hyundai?

Old 02-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Hilarious build quality (in & out), from the leather used to the way they balanced the driveshaft, and personally, after driving a brand new 3.0T I felt like I hoped into a GTR when I was back in my G. That may be a bias exaggeration, and I know Nissan isn't the breadwinner when it comes to transmissions, but I got to try out a brand new model and am know 100% sure the engineers spent most of their time designing the car to be an automatic, grocery getting, throw that **** in neutral and rev it at the g I wish I could afford the insurance for, sporty econobox. It's a car that has way to much show and no go. And when I compare it to how much I love my G.. haha well let just say Im glad I don't get to put regular octane in the G.

If I were to make an analogy, it would be G35 (im not even gonna say 37) is to volk as the Genesis 3.0 is to varrstoen. Where I live it tells you something about how much a dealer values a car on their lot that is being bought outright and they can't even put decent tires on it. My best friend out of college just bought a 3.0 this summer and his experience has been... 'remorseful' .. but more so for me than him, obviously he doesn't know what he's doing if he's buying a car directly from a stealership, nevermind buying a genesis.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raz6633
So ive been reading around this thread now, and just my two cents....

1. It could use more power/torque for a 3.5 V6, but i can say a little of that got fixed with the MREV2 from Motordyne

2. Seatbelts seem very bad in respects to placement, and thickness (they scratch my neck, and become very tiresome after long drives)

3. Would have been nicer to have wider wheels/tires from factory (to give it that more aggressive, more hardcore look down the road)

4. Facelift models have the vertical stripes in the headlight, which dont light anymore, would have been nice to have that as a DRL

5. The stance is a little bit too high, would have been nicer if it was half an inch lower.

6. The exterior design does not allow you to roll the windows down, in even the slightest rain, or even if you use window washer fluid, if your driving, it will pour inside (from the side of the windshield)

7. I love the amount of detail, and the high quality of the ***** from the HVAC, or from the standard headunit (with the brushed aluminium, talking about facelift model) but, the seat heaters are cheap.

8, Would have loved if the seat heater buttons, light up according to which setting you chose, low or high.

9 No rear FOG lamps (very bad in Europe/Romania)

10. Parking sensors

11. Side mirrors are small, and very hard to get the big picture of surroundings.

12. Fuel gauge shows above full, when fuel tank is full, and is rather not very well in indicating fuel quantity.

Before buying the G35, i had a BMW.... and in spite of all those cons... would i go back to BMW? Not a chance, not now at least...

I love my G35 just as it is, its got character...

Just my two cents.
I agree with your two pennies. The wheels could def be wider and the stance a tad bit lowered. The stock HIDs aren't bad, but I did upgrade them with spyder halo LEDs. Best thing I did to my g's aesthetics. The character these cars have are amazing, from the sound to the looks to the performance (a v6 the blows or keeps up with v8s and turbos?). I can't wait to see what the Infiniti/Mercedes partnership brings us. The looks of the 2014 g looks promising!

Old 02-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
'08 35xS
My door actuators like to fail.
No side mirror blinkers.
5AT. Interior plastic trims poorly placed. Cup holder inefficient (Coffee always tend to spill >
Seatbelt doesnt retract correctly. Wind noises at higher speeds. ugly shift ****.
A crapload of snow ALWAYS fall into my trunk as I open it to get my snow wiper....but that doesnt bother me as much as the driver door. Snow always fall into my seat... It seems that you must remove all visible snow from the doors otherwise youll be sitting on it.
I still love her though.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:16 PM
My G feels so much slower than my Twin turbo Lexus. They're rated around the same horse power out of the box, but It doesn't "pull" nothing like my 1jz.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Passenger door actuator is broke.
Driver seat is ripped.
No factory iPod connection.

Those are probably the worst parts since they affect me daily.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Hate that the steering doesnt adjust independently from the dash. I just want better view of 60-80mph.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:18 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
^wat do u mean steering doesn't adjust independently from dash?

Old 03-06-2013, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
^wat do u mean steering doesn't adjust independently from dash?
The speedometer/odo move up with the steering wheel in my 04 therefore not increasing visibility for the gauges. I just want the steering wheel to move, not the gauges

Old 03-06-2013, 04:28 PM
I don't recall the dash moving when the steering wheel is adjusted

Old 03-06-2013, 04:34 PM
I don't recall the dash moving when the steering wheel is adjusted
in my 04 6mt coupe, the gauge cluster moves with the steering wheel when raising up or down. In my 300zx n 240sx gauge cluster is fixed and steering adjusts independently.

The g seems to adjust for knee room only not visibility.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:51 PM
yea ur right . I just tried it now lol. never noticed since I only adjusted once or twice since I got the car 3 years ago. most other cars its usually independent lol but when u move it up the 8omph area is more visible no?

Old 03-06-2013, 04:57 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
I have always liked that about the G. No matter where I move the wheel, I can always see the guages. I think that is why they did that.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:17 PM
yea ur right . I just tried it now lol. never noticed since I only adjusted once or twice since I got the car 3 years ago. most other cars its usually independent lol but when u move it up the 8omph area is more visible no?
Not really for me. I think i may need to adjust the seat tho. Prob got it set a lil high

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?