The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 03:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too new...

Only had mine for a week but already need more power. Other than some clanking noises coming from the transmission I love my G. Oh yeah and a little more head room. I'm 6'2" and have almost knocked myself out going over uneven road. Other than that she's awesome.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
VDC is the best thing ever, but not when it cuts your REV Limit

The mirrors sit to high (I always put my mirrors down to prevent curbing a rim)

The mirrors don't have the "parking feature" (where the mirror goes down automatically like BMW)

The mirrors aren't heated

The rattling clutch plate

The heat from the engine

But other than that no complaints. Every car has something that we don't like and we still buy them.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:09 PM
after i s/c it i have no complaints about the sluggish feel.

1. a/c sucks ***** specially in the so cali heat wave that just passed wow
2. paint sucks mad rock chips on my bumper

other than that i love her.... she loves we. we make out all the time at red line then we BOV together....weeee!!

Old 09-13-2006, 12:39 PM
like some have said when it rained earlier and you roll your windows down alot of water comes into the car, alot of road noise, alot of creaks, brakes squeak, i wished the manumatic looked more sporty, a/c does take a while to cool me off, other than that its pretty sweet.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Only 2 things I can really add here about my 06. The center armrest is too far back for me. I am average height, but where my seat is in relation to the center console, my right elbow is just barely resting on the armrest and falls off sometimes.

The other is the headlights. The "auto" function sucks. It should turn on the lights if the windshield wipers are on for more than 30 seconds. I drove for 30 minutes in a heavy storm today because I assumed they came on (like they did in my BMW).

Had my car for 1 week now, and the seatbelt, uncomfortable seat, too much plastic in /around dash and the notchy clutch engagement are my main beefs. But everytime I hit the gas, or look down and I'm doing 90+ and it feels like I am doing 60...and especially everytime i get out of it and look back at it...the other stuff does not matter so much.

So many people comlain about lack of memory seats. Was that new in 2006 or something? Or do you have to have Premium package? My 06 has memory seats and they are also programmed to the remote so that if i unlock the car with my remote, the seat and the tilt/telescopic wheel are set in my position...and if the other remote is used it defauts to the settings for that one...

Last edited by MDE83; 09-13-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:44 AM
'06 G35 6MT, Aero and package b. 1100 miles and counting

1. Audio System lacks mid range and a SHUFFLE FEATURE, still pretty good for a stock system
2. Clutch / tranny - sometimes I am right on! Other times I wonder if I know how to drive stick

Other than that, this car is a rocket ship with excellent handling. I turned off the VDS tonight at a light before getting onto the freeway. This marks the first time I drove it like it should be driven. Holy sh*t I was on the freeway doing 110 before I knew it.

I also have to admit, I love the attention the car brings me...

Old 09-14-2006, 03:38 AM
Originally Posted by G35_RJ
Holy sh*t I was on the freeway doing 110 before I knew it.

I also have to admit, I love the attention the car brings me...
Yeah, I imagine the sirens, flashing lights, and men pointing at you with guns gets a lot of passerbys attention. J/k

Old 09-14-2006, 04:34 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't like the slow seats, I'm sure i could do without that analog clock, the car feels heavy and IS heavy, are those cup holders on the door pockets? cuz i cant seem to fit a cup or a bottle of water in there.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:27 AM
I'm not gonna bother reading the previous ones or repeat what I think are the common ones. So this is a list I think the car SHOULD of had. Most of the other minor problems the g has can't be help.

-don't you think the hood should of had hydraulics or some kind of dampener?

-WHY?! didn't infiniti add the projectors from the start?! MANY older cars had them

-the dipstick, oh you horrible horrible dipstick...

-footbrake. I have 2 other cars with footbrakes. but NOOOO!! the g had to come with footbrake too dissapointed XD

-"skyline" tradition: the BOTH the circular lights should light up . Instead of having the far light as a signal...make it a circular LED light as well!

these minor things would of made this car reach RECORD sales XD. The intelli key is minor, but it would of been nice to have it since the sedan already had it . thats all for now!

Old 09-17-2006, 07:16 PM
too slow.
too heavy. acceleration and braking suffer greatly because of this.
understeers.
cheap paint.
factory sound system is atrocious.
VDC comes on way too much. you can't gun it early out of a corner without VDC coming on. of COURSE there is going to be slipping of tires. LSD on-power = tire slip

oh. the navigation system is quite possibly the worst thing i've ever used.

Old 09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned
blind spot

Old 09-17-2006, 09:14 PM
that the sedan loses value like crazy if i wanted to resell and how much it is for a used coupe i tried to trade in my sedan for a coupe but the price diff was was like 8 thou nd the coupe how twice as many miles

Old 09-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by pntbll6789
that the sedan loses value like crazy
Any car loses value. Even the coupe. Loses value like crazy? Not where I live. The depriciation seems to be a little faster on the sedan but I think I could get an 03 coupe with simliar KMs for near what I paid for my 03 sedan last year (and I got it for a pretty good price). Considering the coupes are as much as 5 g's more new in Canada...

Originally Posted by kurzo
too slow.
too heavy. acceleration and braking suffer greatly because of this.
understeers.
cheap paint.
factory sound system is atrocious.
VDC comes on way too much. you can't gun it early out of a corner without VDC coming on. of COURSE there is going to be slipping of tires. LSD on-power = tire slip

oh. the navigation system is quite possibly the worst thing i've ever used.
I'm not judging or anything but why in the world did you buy the car?

Last edited by Woblin_Goblin; 09-19-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:25 AM
his 4080 enclosure must be weighing down the car...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?