The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mary6MT
well, my 3rd gear grinds/ my headlights have something on them that makes them foggy all the time/ i have a lot of chips from rocks.
I had the foggy looking headlights too. It was suggested to carefully use Brasso, and it took off most of it (I was too paranoid on the edges close to the paint).

Old 10-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kevink
I had the foggy looking headlights too. It was suggested to carefully use Brasso, and it took off most of it (I was too paranoid on the edges close to the paint).

Oh, awesome!! Thanks!!

Last edited by mary6MT; 10-17-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
I don't know if this has been metioned in the many pages preceding this, but my recent hate is a simple one:

The oil dipstick!

I want to slap the **** out of the engineer who designed it! WTF were you thinking!

Old 10-18-2006, 03:36 PM
The dipstick and after 2.4K miles my RR door rattles and the rear deck creeks. It's bad and annoys the hell out of me.

Old 12-17-2006, 07:13 AM
blind spot

rwd bad in snow

Old 12-17-2006, 09:30 AM
07 Sport Sedan, after two days:

not necessarily hate, but -

Cheap a$$ seat heater buttons, not up to par with the rest of the trim (this I hate)
Mileage (wait till my wife notices, it's no better than our Tundra!)
Noisy cabin - This is the single item that *almost* kept me from buying
Trunk should latch with less force
No side lights

but I'm still glad I choose my G over a 335

Old 12-17-2006, 11:25 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
:lol The oil dipstick is hilarious....I dunno who thought that one up.....

Other than that just the effort to protect the car from dings and scratches as long as possible.

The car is so gorgeous....that it makes you want to keep it in the garage
all the time.

Last edited by dec55; 12-17-2006 at 11:28 AM.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I got my 06 in march and....somethings i dont like..

1. Loud Cabin noise.
2. Seatbelts doesnt retract or does it really slow sometimes like my old tundra.
3. Soft Paint.
4. Leather wears out pretty easily especially on the seats.
5. Random clutch noises.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by Gammawolf
I don't know if this has been metioned in the many pages preceding this, but my recent hate is a simple one:

The oil dipstick!

I want to slap the **** out of the engineer who designed it! WTF were you thinking!
Hahahaha...couldn't agree with you more.
But it looked good on CAD, before the air intake was added

Old 12-17-2006, 04:25 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
Hahahaha...couldn't agree with you more.
But it looked good on CAD, before the air intake was added
A simple redesign of the guide is all that is needed, because right now, if not careful, it will slip aft of the hole and end up outside of the engine, and may feel like it's in place.

This happeened to me when i was rushing one night at a gas station, in a day I sprayed a quart all over the right side of my engine and the engine bay, and coas me over $200 to have it cleaned.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:32 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Oh yea, what dont I like.

The seat. Im not a big guy, and I feel like I'm overflowing out of the seat. I'm 5-10, 165, 32" waist, and i feel like the side bolsters are just lame and too close together. Considering haveing the seat rebuilt.

Also, the dead peddle is too far foward. Causes uneven feet location when driving at normal speeds, and therefore cramps the gas-foot as a result of having the seat too far foward to be able to get a propper foot on the left side.

Also, hate that my 03 doesnt have a telescopic steering wheel, but I'll survive.

Humm... Radio sucks, oh well. Also wish jacking up the car didnt require putting a jack on just one side, putting a stand under it, the being able to hit the center jack location. And my car is stock height, havent lowered it yet.

And the lower engine cover. They put a big hole with enough room to be able to remove the oil plug and filter without removing the cover, but the hole is too far to the driver's side! No way to get the oil filter out without removing the friggin cover! Stupid design!

No driver's side "battery cover" drives me bonkers, and I hate having a doggy-door.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LjN_728
2. Why the ufck did Infiniti have to have it's headlamp settings as - auto, parking (courtesy) light, then low beams?!? Shouldn't it be parking, low beams, then auto? It's like what if you're trying to sneak your as* out of somewhere and ufck right when you turn the ****, BAMN! Headlights are on!

LOL! that was some funny shiit about the sneaking out thing and the lights come on. thats true... hahaha

you could always just flick the switch hella quick. i dont think it will come on that fast would it?

i dont like how its hard to get to the seatbelt, too. trunk space isnt that great either. i'm still getting used to the G so i'll probably have more to say later.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:40 PM
****ing whistling sound and the clock

Old 12-18-2006, 10:37 PM
5 things:

5. Wish I had tinted windows

4. CD changer/player broke after 2 years, $1000 to fix (needless to say, the iPod through the tape adapter is a tolerable solution)

3. The rear seats don't fold down! Hello! I'd like to be able to transport a large item every once and a while!!

2. The "T" steering wheel. Forgive me, but I like to drive with my hand at the bottom of the steering wheel. For the first few months I had the car I'd try to grab the wheel, but instead mash my fingers into the bottom of the "T". Aaarrrgghhh!!

and finally (drumroll please...)

1. It doesn't have the ability to eliminate all the other vehicles on the roads and interstates on my commute to and from work. Well, at least the ones travelling under 80 mph! This car was born to MOVE!

Old 12-19-2006, 02:51 AM
not sure about>

Originally Posted by Mr Fun
5 things:

5. Wish I had tinted windows what vehicle comes with this?????

4. CD changer/player broke after 2 years, $1000 to fix (needless to say, the iPod through the tape adapter is a tolerable solution) i hope you didnt pay this to fix the pieve of crap the g comes with. for a g you can get a vey nice double din unit.

3. The rear seats don't fold down! Hello! I'd like to be able to transport a large item every once and a while!! ummm, they dont?

2. The "T" steering wheel. Forgive me, but I like to drive with my hand at the bottom of the steering wheel. For the first few months I had the car I'd try to grab the wheel, but instead mash my fingers into the bottom of the "T". Aaarrrgghhh!!

and finally (drumroll please...)

1. It doesn't have the ability to eliminate all the other vehicles on the roads and interstates on my commute to and from work. Well, at least the ones travelling under 80 mph! This car was born to MOVE!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?