The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've only had the G35C for a few weeks and I'm unsure if it's real or imagined, but it seems like traffic is heavier, slower, and traffic lights are longer than when I drove my Maxima. I actually get open freeway speeds about twice a week now.

That sucks.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:30 AM
I dunno if i was doing something wrong or what but I pulled into my driveway and had left the sunroof open on the '04 coupe. I had to start it back up to close the sunroof. I had an '07 sedan S that if you sat in the passenger seat your practically had to force your hand down the side of the seat to reach the controls. You have to have an arm the size of a toddler to reach them.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Things to hate (being picky as I do love the car):

1. Cheap, thin seatbelts with razor sharp edges, that flap around uncontrollably in the back seat with the windows down due to weak return motors.

2. Having to type in/scroll the same artist over and over for custom (non-Gracenote recognized) single artist CDs in Music Box.

3. Bass and treble tone controls only on stereo, should be multiband electronic.

4. In dash as mileage bar indicator, one of seven different ways to remind you of your lousy mileage.

5. Two or more ways to perform operations, without alignment between them(especially with premium nav) - e.g., maintenance reminders, music box albums artist list, gas mileage resets, etc.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
What's with all the "soft paint" complaints? While I in no way consider myself an expert, I certainly have experience and understanding. I have detailed cars for several years now, and my G coupe has about the hardest paint I have ever tried to restore. I have gone through my entire arsenal of compounds and paint finishing supplies using my porter cable dual action polisher with little to no results. Ultimately ended up with a direct drive buffer to remove imperfections in the clear coat. The hardness and as a result brittleness is also why the blasted paint chips so bloody easy. Thank good I have a clear bra otherwise my 95% highway driving commutes would have be paint peppered for sure.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:13 PM
There are a ton of things you can find "wrong" about this car that other cars do that this on doesnt.

I mean some things I miss that my 00 Cadillac STS had thats not on this car is:
1)Push in button heated seats, when you shut off the car they pop back in place, plus you can actually feel them!
2)Memory seats w/mirror comes standard, I dont think its an option, plus the rearview mirror comes down.
3)The lack of MPG,Miles to go until next fill-up, I miss basically the information display, doesnt tell you your fuel rang or stuff like that just temp. Not oil life left....
4)Doesnt feel as fast as it looks.

Now heres what I like
Looks, Motor, Exhaust note, Having the HIDs.
Everything I can find wrong with this car is minor, all cars perform differently. I would expect more standard features on a 35k car, espically since my STS had way more & I paid less, and it was older..

I have an 03 Coupe Auto.

Old 10-19-2007, 11:36 PM
why can't i turn on my heater and recirc the air (so i dont smell the crummy truck in front of me) without having AC on? i swear, im gunna end up using more AC in the winter than in the summer!

Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Surprised no power fold in mirrors...
Dont know if its a flaw in my 03 Manual coupe, but when I let my drivers seat up it doesnt return to its previous position.

Squeaking from bumps or something, dont know, just noise in general, vent is coming apart from interior. Hear the brakes sucks...

Last but not least, my caddy had rear heated seats, this car doesnt but oh wheel how many people are going to ride in the back & actually use em?

I wish our heated seats were a lot better, I find my self in this car using the high a lot, vs. my caddy I could use low all the time & feel it & shut it off when I wanted to. In this car you have to use high to really feel the seat, and it automatically shuts you off...

Old 10-24-2007, 03:27 AM
The interior is cheap for a car that was over $30,000 brand new.

To me the throttle response is retarded. I mean when you push the gas down...the RPM gauge gos up...but its like the power lags. Anyone else feel this?? Is it just the auto trans or what?

My EVO is totally different and has immediate power matched with the RPM.

WHy does the G35 auto pause??

Old 10-24-2007, 04:06 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by illusion
The interior is cheap for a car that was over $30,000 brand new.

To me the throttle response is retarded. I mean when you push the gas down...the RPM gauge gos up...but its like the power lags. Anyone else feel this?? Is it just the auto trans or what?

My EVO is totally different and has immediate power matched with the RPM.

WHy does the G35 auto pause??
https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/181578-throttle-response-gone.html

Old 10-24-2007, 10:39 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I'm a new driver to the G35 generation and I love it. One thing I hate about it is the door hinges. They either close on you or they open way too far (afraid it might hit other cars). I like the hinges on the BMW's or ACURA's where you open it at a certain point and it stays there without it been loose.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
She is high maintenance and she doesn't perform so well, but she has class and she is sexy!!!

Sounds a LOT like my ex-wife!!!

I left her and then I sold my G. A year later I traded my EVO for a G...more class and style but less performance...and I got married (again) to a sexy girl with class albeit...well, you get the idea!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
I hate that my GF want to have sex, everytime she rides in it

Originally Posted by fredrik94087
She is high maintenance and she doesn't perform so well, but she has class and she is sexy!!!

Sounds a LOT like my ex-wife!!!

I left her and then I sold my G. A year later I traded my EVO for a G...more class and style but less performance...and I got married (again) to a sexy girl with class albeit...well, you get the idea!!!
Sooooooooooo.....you new wife has ****ty performance

Old 10-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
YES!!!

I had a girlfriend that was just like my EVO...you can drive it any way you want and it begs for more...it has very few limits, but it didn't have the class and style I wanted.

I chose to go with class and style for both of my current rides!!! They both need a little work, but I'm a patiend man!!!

Old 10-27-2007, 01:53 AM
My Clutch

Old 10-27-2007, 04:15 PM
being the G is the girl's ride.

wish it was a 6spd.
orange peel all over
why to lean the seat back is not powered, but just a lever?
damn driver side door actuator on the fritz
reflectors instead of projector
tan roof lining
needs more ponies. hopefully that will come in the future.
car needs oem rear spoiler. that will be corrected in the future.
BLOSE Stereo. 6-disc when changing cds sounds like its going to snap a CD. My mom's '02 Maxima 6-disc doesn't make as much racket as this thing.

All of that is really minor stuff. Other than that I love this car.

Last edited by HillyHead; 10-27-2007 at 04:20 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?