The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What do you hate about YOUR G35?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i used to have a denali... now that's more do-able.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:52 AM
what's up fellas, I just got my G about a month ago and it's great. My only gripes are 16mpg( i guess thats to be expected), hard to keep a black car clean, 5AT shifts a little sluggish, why is the volume **** on the left hand side for the american market? However for all the bad things I can say about my ride, the virtues far out weigh its inperfections. It's such a beautifull car, when I first bought it I just sat there and stared at it for about an hour. It isn't the fastest car in the world but its fast enough. My car had rims and new tires put on it before I bought it and from what I've read on the forum I heard there is a bad tire feathering problem. I'll cross my fingers and hope that I'm one of the lucky owners that dont have that problem. Peace.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rickychampion
what's up fellas, I just got my G about a month ago and it's great. My only gripes are 16mpg( i guess thats to be expected), hard to keep a black car clean, 5AT shifts a little sluggish, why is the volume **** on the left hand side for the american market? However for all the bad things I can say about my ride, the virtues far out weigh its inperfections. It's such a beautifull car, when I first bought it I just sat there and stared at it for about an hour. It isn't the fastest car in the world but its fast enough. My car had rims and new tires put on it before I bought it and from what I've read on the forum I heard there is a bad tire feathering problem. I'll cross my fingers and hope that I'm one of the lucky owners that dont have that problem. Peace.
Why shouldn't the volume **** be on left hand side? You as the driver can reach for it easier? As much as I like the steering wheel controls, I still use the volume control **** when I need to adjust volumes quicker.

I hit ~16mpg during my break in period too. I get 18-19 now, and I hope you will in a few months time!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:03 AM
I meant right hand side sorry, and I bought the car with 19,000 miles so unless I start driving alot more conservatively I probably wont see better mileage

Old 04-14-2008, 03:04 AM
F%$KiNG RRAATTTTLLLEESSSSSS

Old 04-14-2008, 03:09 AM
Congrats. It's a great car really; this thread is kind of a little venting area because as all things in life, this car isn't perfect.

To fix the shifting sluggishness, consider getting a grounding kit from Gordgee. It's called Grounding Gear, just do a search. I put it on my 6 speed manual and even my car has picked up a lot, especially in the low end. With the automatic, I hear it's like magic. The kit is like $130.

If you are worried about tire wear and stuff just get some camber kits, they are like $400 for front and back if you wanna do it right.

Gas mileage will go up after a while.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:09 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
you mean right side... i like it... easy to reach when your hand is resting on the shifter

Old 05-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Here we go :

1. wish it were lower
2. Wish it came with the sport wheels and tires (it does in 2008)
3. IPOD CONTROL !!! Come on Infiniti !!! (this one pisses me off)
4. Wish the suspension wasn't as "soft"
5. Wish I would have got the NAV package (that one is on me though)

That being said I love the car. That's just my little wishlist for my 2007 x sedan.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by JTinVA
Here we go :

1. wish it were lower
2. Wish it came with the sport wheels and tires (it does in 2008)3. IPOD CONTROL !!! Come on Infiniti !!! (this one pisses me off)
4. Wish the suspension wasn't as "soft"5. Wish I would have got the NAV package (that one is on me though)

That being said I love the car. That's just my little wishlist for my 2007 x sedan.
Sould have gotten the G35 Sedan Sport X

Old 05-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
Sould have gotten the G35 Sedan Sport X

I loved the Sport but wanted the reliability of all wheel for winter weather. One of the worst ironies about getting old is that you finally have the money to buy the car you want but you realize you have to compromise for practicality. It's just not fair.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:21 PM
soft paint
no memory seats
could use 50 more hp / tq

Old 05-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Extremely loud road noise from the inside with 19's.
You can feel every bump/hole/crack in the road.
Potholes are landmines.
Driver Side seat beat scratched up the door badly. it also irritates my neck. it gets caught in the door sometimes.
Doors don't stay open.
Creasing and horrible leather wear on the left side cushion of driver side.
Oil dipstick is hard to get out and in.
Crappy interior material.
Bose stereo?
Card holder on driver side.
Gas milage.
Car doesn't feel like it's 280hp.
Car feels really heavy.
Sluggish acceleration w/ out hitting 3k rpm.
Brake Dust. Brake wear.
Tire wear.
Cheap paint.
Easy dents. i get paronoid everytime i park in tight parking lot with a bunch of cars. because i've received 5 random dents on my car at different times.
Whistling noise from left mirror.
Changing the car oil is time consuming because of the black cover under the car.
haters trying to hit my car when driving a couple of times. (no i don't show off, rev, or anything i drive normal.)
idiots that "try" to race me. i ignore all of those idiots and they are not worth my premium fuel.
major ****ing RATTLES combined with loud road noise is ****ing horrible and unpleasant when driving.

sometimes i regret not buying an M3 from the start...

Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by gDirty5's
Extremely loud road noise from the inside with 19's.
You can feel every bump/hole/crack in the road.
Potholes are landmines.
Driver Side seat beat scratched up the door badly. it also irritates my neck. it gets caught in the door sometimes.
Doors don't stay open.
Creasing and horrible leather wear on the left side cushion of driver side.
Oil dipstick is hard to get out and in.
Crappy interior material.
Bose stereo?
Card holder on driver side.
Gas milage.
Car doesn't feel like it's 280hp.
Car feels really heavy.
Sluggish acceleration w/ out hitting 3k rpm.
Brake Dust. Brake wear.
Tire wear.
Cheap paint.
Easy dents. i get paronoid everytime i park in tight parking lot with a bunch of cars. because i've received 5 random dents on my car at different times.
Whistling noise from left mirror.
Changing the car oil is time consuming because of the black cover under the car.
haters trying to hit my car when driving a couple of times. (no i don't show off, rev, or anything i drive normal.)
idiots that "try" to race me. i ignore all of those idiots and they are not worth my premium fuel.
major ****ing RATTLES combined with loud road noise is ****ing horrible and unpleasant when driving.

sometimes i regret not buying an M3 from the start...
Ive heard M3's have a lot of problems too. A friend of mine had an M3 but got rid of it because it was in the shop so much.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by JTinVA
I loved the Sport but wanted the reliability of all wheel for winter weather. One of the worst ironies about getting old is that you finally have the money to buy the car you want but you realize you have to compromise for practicality. It's just not fair.
you can have Sport in AWD... its called the X Sport

Old 05-13-2008, 03:12 AM
1. rattles
2. wheel noise (when braking)
3. soft paint
4. shoulda came with 350hp 320tq
5. water in between the window and the black foamy stuff
6. stinky a/c
7. rather have a digi clock

but im not perfecy either so i love her

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you hate about YOUR G35?