G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Homelink openin garage by itself :X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Sim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homelink openin garage by itself :X

Ya like the title says, my homelink has been openin my garage by itself, sporadically. I cleared out the memory on the thing atleast 6 times.

And before u say check the garage, it only opens when my car is at home.

So I made an appt for monday, Im just waitin for the service response, "we cant duplicate the prob, ur car is fine"

Old 01-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats a first, never seen this occur. maybe your G likes to play tricks on you. ^^

Old 01-11-2006, 08:17 PM
THE BATMOBILE
thats really weird

Old 01-11-2006, 08:17 PM
i have problems trying to set it up. I followed the instruction, hold the outer two links and wait till the light blinks. After that, press and hold one of the link with the remote simultaneously until the link blinks rapidly. Then you're done. I've tried that and it didn't work! Any suggestions? please help!

Old 01-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by I Scare
i have problems trying to set it up. I followed the instruction, hold the outer two links and wait till the light blinks. After that, press and hold one of the link with the remote simultaneously until the link blinks rapidly. Then you're done. I've tried that and it didn't work! Any suggestions? please help!
Your garage probably has a rolling code, that's why it doesnt work. Your homelink learned a code, but the garage rolled to a new one. You need to disable rolling code on your garage. (That's what the instrutions of the homelink says to do. It even tells you how). I don't know how to do it, because I don't have one of those types of garages.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There is a "learn" button on the garage door opener you have to have someone push that button and and you press the homelink button in the car.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 PM
+1 ^
LT1 SS is correct.

Old 01-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Sim
Ya like the title says, my homelink has been openin my garage by itself, sporadically. I cleared out the memory on the thing atleast 6 times.

And before u say check the garage, it only opens when my car is at home.

So I made an appt for monday, Im just waitin for the service response, "we cant duplicate the prob, ur car is fine"

Good luck at the dealer. On second thought . . . Perhaps, your G is hinting to you that she wants to go out and stretch her legs.

Old 01-12-2006, 12:18 AM
do you have the "auto" button on?

Old 01-12-2006, 01:09 AM
maybe your neighbor has Homelink as well and was programming his simultaneously as you were doing it, and his receiver picked up your signal.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by LT1 SS
There is a "learn" button on the garage door opener you have to have someone push that button and and you press the homelink button in the car.
+2
Had to do this on mine.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:37 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by avs007
Your garage probably has a rolling code, that's why it doesnt work. Your homelink learned a code, but the garage rolled to a new one. You need to disable rolling code on your garage. (That's what the instrutions of the homelink says to do. It even tells you how). I don't know how to do it, because I don't have one of those types of garages.
It don't think it disables the rolling code technology. Who's going to sacrifice home security just to be able to use their Homelink? I believe the Homelink learns the rolling code algorithm.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:44 AM
Sim
Originally Posted by rick505
do you have the "auto" button on?

which auto button are u referrin to?

U guys shud see how crazy its drivin my parents and older brother, it opened the garage at 1am last nite, my brother and I heard it at the same time and woke up to close it, rite now we unplug the garage at nite (forgot to last nite).

Anyways, like I said, Ive resetted the damn thing I dont kno how many times, if the dealer says tuff $hit like I expect them to, I guess Imma hav to find away to totally clear out the garage opener unit itself, or somethin, Im not a handyman, Imma end up breakin it

But in any case, Im 100% serious about it lol POSSESSED!

Old 01-12-2006, 02:19 AM
that's weird man! hope dealership can get it fixed

Old 01-12-2006, 03:46 AM
Widdle ya into kindling
Originally Posted by Sim
which auto button are u referrin to?

U guys shud see how crazy its drivin my parents and older brother, it opened the garage at 1am last nite, my brother and I heard it at the same time and woke up to close it, rite now we unplug the garage at nite (forgot to last nite).

Anyways, like I said, Ive resetted the damn thing I dont kno how many times, if the dealer says tuff $hit like I expect them to, I guess Imma hav to find away to totally clear out the garage opener unit itself, or somethin, Im not a handyman, Imma end up breakin it

But in any case, Im 100% serious about it lol POSSESSED!
The people who used to share our duplex had a similar problem. I don't know about the current renters, but every time their neighbor opened their garage door, it would open up theirs as well. Any chance this could be happening to you too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Homelink openin garage by itself :X