The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Buyer Beware Concept Z Performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL

dude, 99.99% of online companies do not charge re-stocking fees. i've returned tons of **** w/out being charged. i've lost shipping costs, but that's different than a re-stocking fee.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by cerr
LOL

dude, 99.99% of online companies do not charge re-stocking fees. i've returned tons of **** w/out being charged. i've lost shipping costs, but that's different than a re-stocking fee.
+1

W

Old 01-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by cerr
LOL

Umm, you mean 99.9% of the companies you've DEALT with don't have a restocking fee.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:34 PM
^ i agree, that's a fair statement.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Restocking fees are part of purchasing items. They are an essential part of business.

For instance the company I work for charges a 10% restock fee if you return the item. This does not include the freight charge to send the item back. So lets make a senario out of your situation.

You purchase a SPECIAL ORDER (meaning I didn't stock the item and had to order it in for you) item from me and I ship it to your address. You receive said item and decided against using it and wish to return it. We agree to accept the return minus a restock fee...(insert fee here). You ship the item back to me, and I in turn repackage said item for shipment back to my distributor. What happens at this point, is that I being the company need to pay a 10% restock fee to my distributor + the shipping to send the item back.

Now, if the item was something normally stocked, we waive the restock fee so long as the package is in resellable condition.

If a company has to eat 10% + shipping everytime they special order something in for a customer, I'm sure they would soon adopt a No return on special order items policy.

Now you can also take into consideration this whole subject by numbers.

Sellers cost : 100.00
Sold to buyer for : 140.00 (trying to compete with a tight market)
shipping to buyer : 20.00

Buyer returns the item to seller : -140.00
Sellers cost to send back item with 10% restock fee : 10.00
Sellers shipping cost : 20.00

Gain/Loss : -30.00

Now imagine if the company had to do 10% returns on its average sales of 500,000.00.

$500,000.00*.1 = $50,000 + (freight) dollars in returns paid if no restock fee is administered on special ordered merchandise.

Old 01-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Now, if the item was something normally stocked, we waive the restock fee so long as the package is in resellable condition.
yep, totally agree with you here. didn't really state my argument that clearly, my fault. i don't have a problem w/ companies that try to protect against losses when there is special circumstances involved, these being special orders (as in your scenario) or when any type of custom work needs to happen. those cases, yeah, totally acceptable and should be done to protect against lose. in fact, forbes had a story a while back regarding a chinese-american business man that lost his a$$ and wound up in a chinese prison because he didn't cya for something like this.

i have a problem with companies that charge restocking fees for products you buy 'off the shelf'. this practice usually means they sell crappy stuff and don't want people to return it so they penalize them.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:07 PM
best piece of advice here, tell them you'll dispute it if they did it without letting you know about it. 25% is pretty damn high. 10% is more reasonable.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CZP is a great online vendor. I have been dealing with them for many years. I was doing business with Coz when I had my Z32TT. He's a stand up guy. Coz and CZP is highly respected on TwinTurbo.net.

Now for your issue. I admit 25% seems a bit high. However, if I was purchasing something that I know that I may need to return, I would ask about restocking fees. I'm sorry you had a problem, but have you talked to Coz? Have you explained the situation to him? Did you open the item or install it?