The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Thoughts about rebadging with 350gt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder if they have debates about this in Japan... Since people rebadge their cars from Nissan 350GT to Infiniti G35.

Old 09-07-2006, 04:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skyline badges

i personaly think its your car and u should be able to do what u want with it we're all got diffrent taste! i personaly like it and being on this forum with other g35 / skyline owners we should support each other then again its a free country .

Old 09-07-2006, 07:34 AM
how are japans g35's (350) whatever diffrent

Old 09-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hwa
Your car is an Infiniti, the luxury divison of Nissan. IMO, slapping on a 350GT badge tarnishes the original package by attempting to turn the vehicle into something that it is not.

that's what my wife says. i just tell her to open the hood and tell me who made the motor. and in the end, nissan is getting my money for the car, not infiniti. it's all a marketing ploy by the japanese. they said if we can "make" a "luxury" line, thse crazy americans will pay much more for it. and we did. and we will.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by Bigd2k6
that's what my wife says. i just tell her to open the hood and tell me who made the motor. and in the end, nissan is getting my money for the car, not infiniti. it's all a marketing ploy by the japanese. they said if we can "make" a "luxury" line, thse crazy americans will pay much more for it. and we did. and we will.
^^^ +10
Highly debated/talked about subject.
My .02 worth...well, maybe .03:

I bought my coupe for the 'sport/performance' factor not the 'luxury' factor.
Skylines are known for their sport/performance history as to why I've rebadged proudly. The only differnce from a V35 to a G35 is the badging and where the sterring wheel is. Well, okay, the clock is different...analog/LED or LCD.

North America is the only contenient that has Infiniti G35's. Everywhere else in the world it's a V35 Skyline 350GT, just like the Honda NSX, but in N. America it's Acura, Toyota/Lexus............
It truely is a marketing strategy, they know us Americans will pay more, think we're getting more and it's built better if it's labeled under a 'luxury' brand. That's how most Americans think. Over in Japan, perhaps they rebadge to Infiniti for the 'luxury' status. Makes them feel richer or have more class, idk.

Go look at new G's on the lot. You'll see a sticker on the window that discloses that 95% of our G's are Nissan JDM and 5% is American/Canadian - Infiniti (USDM).

Final note:
Really no one should bash one another on this. Nothing wrong on being proud it's an Infiniti here and nothing wrong in being proud it's a Skyline in the rest of the world when in reality, it's the same vehicle as is the Infiniti M is to the Nissan Fuga.

Okay...so that was my .04 worth

V/G 35er's....be proud and represent. It's all good.

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 09-09-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by MechEE
Why stop at a Skyline badge? How about a GMC badge while you're at it?

What's the draw? Is it "cool" to have a Skyline 350GT badge on your car or something? Why be wannabe JDM?
Dude, your comparison is ridiculous. WTF are you talking about GMC??? The car is a Skyline every where else in the world except here. There is nothing wrong with badging the car with what it really is. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean you should make a ignorant statement about GMC badging... just shut up if you dont have anything better to contribute than that...

Old 09-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
I rebadged my car.
"Infiniti" is a fake brand created to appease boneheaded Nort American consumer refusing to buy "japanese junk". Same goes for Lexus and Acura. Mazda didn't follow the trend and gets trashed on this board. I guess Mazda would have much more prestige if it made EXACTLY same car as fully loaded 6and called it "Hara-kiri 6" or whatever.
I bought G 35 not because of it's "prestige" or Infinti logo, but because of its power, handling and reliability built into it by Nissan engineers.

Rebadging the car reflects my respect for these guys and recognition of true roots of the car.

You can call it rice or gay or whatever. Despite of all the claims of "free country" you cannot even change badges on your car without being ostracized. Give me a f#@@@ break...

Last edited by obender66; 09-15-2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by obender66
You can call it rice or gay or whatever. Despite of all the claims of "free country" you cannot even change badges on your car without being ostracized. Give me a f#@@@ break...
well put!
i love explaining to people the only difference between my car and a Skyline 350 GT in Japan is RHD vs. LHD when they see my rebadged trunk and front grill. and lets be honest for those talking about the Nissan logo like it represents a lower class of sh*t. if you had an R34 which proudly displays a Nissan badge, are you gonna take it off because you don't want people to see you are driving a Nissan? i highly doubt it.
i didn't buy my G35 because of any class assortment it might put me in to own an Infiniti. talk about materialistic and shallow.
i don't mean to offend anybody in any way. i'm just trying to make a point.

Last edited by G_Spot; 09-11-2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 03:11 AM
source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Motor_Company

Prince Motor Company was a Japanese automobile manufacturer from 1952 until its merger with Nissan in 1966. Prince began as the Tachikawa Aircraft Company, a producer of the famous Japanese Zero fighter planes. After the war, the company diversified into automobiles, producing an electric car, the Tama, in 1952. The company changed its name to Prince in 1955 to honor Emperor of Japan, Crown Prince Akihito.

Prince had success building premium automobiles. Among its most famous car lines were the Skyline and Gloria, both of which were absorbed into the Nissan range after their 1966 merger. The Prince organization remained in existence inside Nissan, though the marque disappeared. It was said that the true reason why none of the Nissan Skyline models made it to Europe or North America prior to the V35 were not safety or emissions standards, but a long-standing rivalry between the "Prince" element in Nissan and the rest of the company which was only settled fully when it merged with Renault and Carlos Ghosn intervened personally.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Skyline

The Nissan Skyline is an intermediate-size automobile range sold in Japan and other countries. It is available in either coupe or sedan body styles. The current Skyline is sold in North America, South Korea, Taiwan, and the Middle East as the Infiniti G35.

check and MATE

Old 11-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
im starting to change my feelings on this. ive always loved the skyline and 350gt badging and hated the nissan hamburger. therefore, i loved the look of the mt fuji, skyline, and 350gt combo, but i hated the fact that they did not match.

but now that i think about it, theres already tons of things that dont match. all the actual parts in our car say nissan while all the visible things say infiniti. therefore, i think im going to rebadge soon to a mt fuji, skyline, and 350gt rear.

ive flamed people for this in the past but my opinions have changed.

i mean, the car is essentially a nissan. but since its LHD it makes it an infiniti so why not represent both?

Old 11-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Thank You

Originally Posted by obender66
I rebadged my car.
"Infiniti" is a fake brand created to appease boneheaded Nort American consumer refusing to buy "japanese junk". Same goes for Lexus and Acura. Mazda didn't follow the trend and gets trashed on this board. I guess Mazda would have much more prestige if it made EXACTLY same car as fully loaded 6and called it "Hara-kiri 6" or whatever.
I bought G 35 not because of it's "prestige" or Infinti logo, but because of its power, handling and reliability built into it by Nissan engineers.

Rebadging the car reflects my respect for these guys and recognition of true roots of the car.

+1
Rebadge out of respect for a great vehicle and manufacturer.

"GMC"? "Type R"? Ignorant fool.

Old 11-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I just like how the words Skyline and the red and chrome 350GT badge look on my car. I think it looks more aggressive than the normal Infiniti G35 badging. Nothing more than that, but it's a good enough reason for me.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:42 AM
I removed all the stick-on INFINITI/G-35 logo/bug stuff from my trunk lid with full intentions of rebadging with the Skyline and 350gt...even bought the new badges...they never made it on the car...loved the clean a$$ look too much.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:57 PM
I think its lame, but thats just my 2 cents...

Old 11-06-2006, 05:04 PM
i dont think its ricey at all. words on your car dont mean much epsecially "ricey" i just ordered my skyline badge so NO its not "ricey" for all you haters

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thoughts about rebadging with 350gt