G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Talk me into a G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 07:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Talk me into a G35

Hey guys,
i will through down a quick run down. I own a 2004 wrx and the seats, and warranty issues are starting to **** me off. None the less i stumbled across this site, did a few searchs and found nothing along the lines of my questions. If anybody has any information please talk me into a g35 sedan with a 6 speed.

1. Does the rear seat fold down?
2. Somebody told me that 2003 g35 sedans never came with a 6 speed (i think otherwise)?
3. Will i be kicking myself over selling my wrx? (at this point my car is faster, handles better, but rides rough, and the seats kill my back)
4. How hard will it be to find a used g35 sedan with a 6 speed and about 30k on it?
5. How do they react to just a set of sway bars?
6. Is there anything you guys don't like about your cars that i should be aware of such as warranty issues, cheap materials, cheap drivetrain?
7. What would be the first mod that you would do if you were to do things all over again?
Thanks for your guys's time and effort to directing me the G-side.
Swayback

Old 02-27-2006, 07:34 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
1. I dont know about the 03-04's but my 05 seats dont fold down, they RECLINE (pimp)
2. IF the 03's didnt come in 6mt the 03.5's did.
3. Your comparing apples to oranges, the G is performance/luxury the WRX is performance, i'd rather say i have an infiniti than a wrx. The G isnt THAT much slower than the WRX.
4. It shouldnt be very hard, seen plenty on autotrader.com and cars.com
5. Stillen sways are cheap ($280) and everyone that's purchased them has been very happy with them.
6. If you're getting an 03-04 the brakes wear very very fast. some people have replaced them under warranty at 15K and 30K. A set of aftermarket brakes should fix the problem. The drivetrain is solid but you might get a little annoyed with the interior rattles (nothing 2 12's cant drown out)
7. Performance wise? JWT popcharger/z-tube combo or Motordyne 5/16" plenum spacer.

I highly doubt that you'll regret going from a suby to a G
-GP-

Old 02-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. I don't think so
2. It's a technicality, 03's dont...but 03.5's do, but 03.5's are still considered '03's by dealerships and autotrader.com etc... so in short YES.
3. A lot of G owners have actually switched over to STi's, and vice versa. If you're looking for a well rounded car that has a little bit of everything, the G is good. But if you're looking for a hardcore performer, stick with the WRX.
4. Shouldn't be too hard, go to autotrader.com or ebay.com
5. Sway Bars dramatically improve handling, I know this from my own experience.
6. 03's and 04's suffer from cheapy plasticky materials, and squeaks from the brakes and interior...vast majority is all remedied in 05 and later models.
7. If I was going for looks? Rims If I was going for speed? Don't mess around with bolt-ons and go straight to FI.

Go for a test drive in an '03 and see if the car appeals to you, goodluck!

Old 02-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I don't want to go and answer all your questions, but I think you should be able to find lots of 03-04 sedans with 6 speed manual drive. Depending where you live. There are lots of mods you can do starting with intake, then maybe a plenum spacer and exhaust which are a lot cheaper that the coupe. Good luck.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:10 PM
thank you all for your speedy replies. anybody else have any feedback on their G-experience? I will need to get a used car so when/if i go to look what do you experienced g35 owners suggest i look for? any wear spots that drive you up a wall?
Thanks once again for your speedy replies, and future information.

Old 02-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Received 60 Likes on 43 Posts
Heh,

I went from a WRX to a G35.........an I'm completely happy with the switch

Old 02-27-2006, 10:01 PM
i have read some comments about the squeeks and rattles within the g35... is this something most come across? My wrx has been in 3 accidents (none where my fault, and i was okay in all three) and it is as tight or if not tighter than the day i got it.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by SwayBack
i have read some comments about the squeeks and rattles within the g35... is this something most come across? My wrx has been in 3 accidents (none where my fault, and i was okay in all three) and it is as tight or if not tighter than the day i got it.
I dont find too many rattles in my G, mybe one or two small rattles so it doesnt bother me too much. I mean unless i have the radio off mybe i would notice them more or listen to talk radio. some seem to have more rattles then others i think its mostley what people can tollerate compared to others.

Old 02-27-2006, 10:40 PM
my honest opinion is that you shouldnt buy the G35.... you sound like you are too concerned with performance.... just know that on the g35 unless you get a turbo/sc setup, you will not gain much performance. Bolt-ons do VERY little and are expensive. If you get a lot of bolt-ons you may see a difference in performance, but i know most people ive seen get gains end up going FI and saying that they wish they hadnt wasted the money on all the bolt-ons for very little gain

Old 02-27-2006, 11:00 PM
yo raznips you read me all wrong man. I need something comfortable on my swayback, that offers out of the box performance. I like to handle a corner or two now and again. I appologize for the misleading comments, and what i am really wondering is; is this car going to please me (the performance minded), and please my family (family friendly, safe, and reliable).

Old 02-28-2006, 01:17 AM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
It sounds like the G is the car for you swayback. put a set of sway bars and a popcharger with a plenum spacer and you'll be set to go take the corners every now and then but it will still be family friendly and easy on your back.
-GP-

Old 02-28-2006, 03:19 AM
I love WRX's and looked at them quite a bit. However, I hate to say it, it's a kids car, IMHO. Reminds me of a Civic, MR2, Eclipse, etc.

The G is a luxo sport car/coupe. Much more refined, cleaner, classier, sexier, and well just looks about a million times better. It's in a different class all together. I dont care if Joe blow in his lil WRX beats me, can take corners faster. While he's doing that, I'll be getting all the looks in my G

Go drive one, then see what you think. Oh and if you do go drive one, welcome to the club!!

Old 02-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Optional
You shouldnt have a problem finding a used 6spd with low miles on it. You and your family will definitely be pleased. I'd look for an '05 if I were you. You will better appreciate the interior design upgrades/etc. You cant beat the bang for the buck. Tons of fun AND practicality

Old 02-28-2006, 01:59 PM
It's Lonely At The Bottom
Arrow

Go with an G35 05+, fixes a lot of those quirky things in the early models. It's a well balanced car that will surely please performer enthusiasts and serve just as well to those who crave luxury.

Old 02-28-2006, 04:51 PM
you speak of the quirky things within the 03-04 years... and unfortunately these are the cars in my price range. I am getting pumped about going and driving one... yet none are found locally. What quirks are within the early generation g35 sedans? thanks once again for your speedy feedback, your comments are much appreciated.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Talk me into a G35