The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

Remote start for G35 with Intelligent Key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start for G35 with Intelligent Key

Just had a Python 881XP installed in my 2006 G35 coupe. I had to give up the valet key to hide in a separate module. I am told by the installer that the following is true:

1) In order to remotely start the car, I first have to use the OEM remote to unlock the car. If I try to remotely start without first unlocking with the OEM remote, the starter engages, but the engine does not start. This causes the problem of now having to carry two remotes and since I first have to use the OEM remote, the car can only be started from a shorter distance acceptable to the OEM remote. Is this correct and/or is there a way around this?

2) I cannot use the Python remote to put the windows up or down as I could with the OEM remote. True? or workaround?

3) When leaving the car and trying to lock only with Python remote, the factory alarm seems to lock anyway after a few seconds. Workaround?

4) I would like to buy a new valet key. I will leave it uncut and exchange it with the original, now hidden, valet key. Any online places to buy one and is there a simple way to make this new one work with the car and other keys?

Old 04-27-2006, 10:54 AM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
try e-bay for a valet key but you will have to get it programmed still. as far as the aftermarket alarm --- why didnt he just implement the alarm into your factory intelligent key so you wouldn't have to carry an extra remote control?

Old 04-27-2006, 10:57 AM
The new alarm comes with a starter and numerous enhancements so I guess the OEM remote could not handle all of those, no? If I get the eBay key, isn't there some procedure using two original keys in the ignition and then the new key to get it programmed?

Old 04-27-2006, 05:38 PM
uh oh!

hey waters212, i've been a auto alarm install tech for a while now and from what you're describing to me that was a poor alarm install job; the install tech didnt' know what he was doing.

1) In order to remotely start the car, I first have to use the OEM remote to unlock the car. If I try to remotely start without first unlocking with the OEM remote, the starter engages, but the engine does not start. This causes the problem of now having to carry two remotes and since I first have to use the OEM remote, the car can only be started from a shorter distance acceptable to the OEM remote. Is this correct and/or is there a way around this?
Answers: The cars OEM alarm wasn't disabled properly. With this model car A Immobilizer Bypass Module (transponder type) is requred (Part #556UW from any DEI, Clifford, Viper alarm dealer).

2) I cannot use the Python remote to put the windows up or down as I could with the OEM remote. True? or workaround?
Answer: This car has a special way of rolling the windows up/down. Using any acc. wire from the alarm unit (acc button on new remote can roll up/down windows). You must have extended triggers on the power lock/unlock wires. You can use Validty Chanels to control them.

3) When leaving the car and trying to lock only with Python remote, the factory alarm seems to lock anyway after a few seconds. Workaround?
Answer: Same answer as #1 -or- With most alarms there is a feature built in (factory/3rd party alarm) which will arm after x amount of time. Might want to refer to your Python manual. But, I can fallback to answer #1

4) I would like to buy a new valet key. I will leave it uncut and exchange it with the original, now hidden, valet key. Any online places to buy one and is there a simple way to make this new one work with the car and other keys?
Answer: Goto the Stealership

Well I hope I answered all your questions =) I wish these places would stop hiring highschool kids for Auto Alarm Techs and get some decent people in there.

My cousin went to Car Toys and got an alarm installed which kept tripping and sometimes wouldn't lock his doors. So I had to go in and tear the system apart and re do it; bahh...

Goodluck to ya!

Old 04-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by eyeSea
hey waters212, i've been a auto alarm install tech for a while now and from what you're describing to me that was a poor alarm install job; the install tech didnt' know what he was doing.

Answers: The cars OEM alarm wasn't disabled properly. With this model car A Immobilizer Bypass Module (transponder type) is requred (Part #556UW from any DEI, Clifford, Viper alarm dealer).

Answer: This car has a special way of rolling the windows up/down. Using any acc. wire from the alarm unit (acc button on new remote can roll up/down windows). You must have extended triggers on the power lock/unlock wires. You can use Validty Chanels to control them.

Answer: Same answer as #1 -or- With most alarms there is a feature built in (factory/3rd party alarm) which will arm after x amount of time. Might want to refer to your Python manual. But, I can fallback to answer #1

Answer: Goto the Stealership

Well I hope I answered all your questions =) I wish these places would stop hiring highschool kids for Auto Alarm Techs and get some decent people in there.

My cousin went to Car Toys and got an alarm installed which kept tripping and sometimes wouldn't lock his doors. So I had to go in and tear the system apart and re do it; bahh...

Goodluck to ya!
Everything he said is true....and you def have the right idea of not cutting the valet key and just have it programmed and leave it in the car...thats the way they are stealing out cars these days...i have an Automate and i have my trunk door locks and window rollups/down hooked up to one remote it makes everything work on the car...$hitty install is your problem....did you really need the auto start to begin with????

Old 04-28-2006, 01:28 PM
Since the new alarm is already installed, is there something(s) I can tell the installer so that I can get it working correctly. Can I refer him to any site or mention any modules or procedures he needs to do. I know he already put a key in some type of module under the dashboard so is it simply that he has to program things differently or wire differently?

Old 04-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Talking

I would ask why you need to use 2 keys -and- why you can't do the window roll up with your new alarm.. just why why why, also mention other people can do it and why you cant. Make him suffer and maybe he will finally say bring it in and I'll redo it. Because everything that I mentioned is just extra time; possible he was trying to save time and money

You could ask him about the Immobilizer Bypass Module and see if it was installed; then go onto asking why wasn't the factory alarm bypassed.

Next tell him you read that the G35 window controls are on the power lock/unlock line. IF he is a REAL CERTIFIED Alarm Tech (where did you take it to? Car Toys? Best Buy?) he has access to a database which will tell him all this information already. Which is how I got the information. Not to mention I've done a few G35's.

-- edit --
Installing a car alarm onto a G35 (any newer/nice sports car) is a tedious task (can take about hour to hour n half).

Installing a car alarm onto a Civic.. or even a 2006 Accord.. is too easy and takes about 30 minutes (no joke).

Why? Because the newer cars have more features and most of them are harder to get to for some reason. Honda's are cake

(... except this 300z I was working on... PITA to install damn alarm)..

sorry I'm rambling now

Last edited by eyeSea; 04-28-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:10 PM
Assuming I am outta luck with this installer, anyone know of a reputable place in the NYC/burbs area that can do the job and give me all the features available???

Also, it appears that a Directed Electronics 556U Immobilizer Interface was installed with the Python 881XP. Should this device have addressed the issue of the car not starting unless the factory remote is unlocked? If so, what did the installer do wrong that can be corrected?

Last edited by waters212; 04-29-2006 at 12:25 PM.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by waters212
Assuming I am outta luck with this installer, anyone know of a reputable place in the NYC/burbs area that can do the job and give me all the features available???
I got my Python for my '05 RAV4 (business car) installed at Audio Designs on 106/107 in Hicksville (exit 42? LIE)

Avenue Sound seems to know what they are doin, at least at the location by my home in Patchogue (prob far for you exit 61-64 LIE). They did work in my previous car. They have other locations west of here.

Movin on Sound & Security on Hempstead Tpke in Elmont?, much closer to you and did work on my friend's M3.

There are prob a few I'm missing in Queens that I can't think of right now. I used to live in Queens and went to a few shops, but was a bit unimpressed.

Where did you get yours done?

Old 04-30-2006, 01:49 AM
Got mine done up in Westchester. Just wish I could figure out how to bypass the factory remote all together. Seems that would solve my problems. The guy did install an Immobilizer interface but I guess either it wasn't programmed correctly or another part is needed. So close.... I wish I could find a place in the city or north of that knows how to do this correctly, or at least pick up where the current installation left off.

Old 04-30-2006, 08:33 PM
There are many places in NYC, but they will prob cost you an arm & a leg. Maybe do a dealer search for python dealers in your area and make few calls.

Old 05-01-2006, 01:37 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~thalilazn/i...coupe_2005.htm

If you want to just take it into your own hands =D.. here is a wire diagram for a 2005. DEI hasn't released a 2006 yet, so this is what I have. Double check the unlock wires on your system.

If I were you I'd just redo the alarm =)

Old 05-01-2006, 02:57 PM
i had my remote start installed from the dealer when i bought my car. You have to press the lock door button 3 times and it starts up. The range isnt all that great but starts her up from inside my house to garage just fine.