Leaving G35 family...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2006 | 10:01 AM
|
G SQUAD
Leaving G35 family...

Well.... the G35's been fun, but I decided 2 weeks back that I wanted a more practical, sensible (AWD) car that I could drive year round without it being a garage queen for 5months out of the year.

This was the first "nice" car I've ever owned in my life, and I still love the car and think it's one of the sexiest cars on the road. I still turn my head everytime I hear an FX35, 350Z, etc drive by...

I've met some really cool people in the NE area and GSquad, and looking back... being there for the VERY first meet with 15 stock G35's (ok, maybe 2 or 3 guys had rims...) chillin', BS'ing, talking cars to what's evolved as GSquad now.

Used to be addicted to these forums checking G35driver 10 times per day (Post whoring and all... you know who you are), reading everything on the forums.

Started out with only the Coupe forums, then Northeast, GSquad... then Audio, Exterior, Interior, Rims, etc... This forum is like crack when you first get your car and I look at it like a "support group" for people addicted to "mods"... You guys all helped me thru it. lol

Shouts out to Drew/Jon for peer-pressuring me to get the bodykits 2 weeks before HIN (*******!! lol), John (Duc) for helping me out with my mod habits, Vance for being there when someone STOLE my rims, Speed (Dan) helping me install that lip waaaaaay back then, O_NO for all the vids/photos from twisties, and the WHOLE Hot Import Nights Atlantic City Crew (partying it up Rockstar style in AC!!), and shouts out to all the old skool (and new skool) Gsquad fellas, those twisties meets, DIY meets, BBQ meets, cruisin' meet, etc. It really made owning the G35 that much more enjoyable and pleasurable. This is what made owning the G35 special to me... Otherwise, I'd be another lemming on the road driving a stock G. lol

For those who don't know... I got a Audi B7 Platform S4 in Dolphin Grey. That V8 sounds MEAN!! I'll definitely bring it out to a meet sometime.

I'm telling myself: NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS.... lol

We'll see come Spring cause that's when the "mod itch" season begins.

It was great knowing/meeting all you guys...

Last edited by G35PhatS4; 10-23-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-23-2006 | 10:18 AM
Really great guy. Bought his Crawford plenum, no hassles, no problems. Hate to see fellow members go

Old 10-23-2006 | 10:26 AM
I can't even type I'm weeping so hard. lol For real - J - it was great having 1 person to drive all the way down to the meets with.(since we're the ONLY people upstate)

A true pioneer of G-squad with lots of knowledge. And thanks for the great deal on tose rims!!! I'm getting compliments all the time. Best of luck with Audi and I'm sure we'll be chillin.

Old 10-23-2006 | 10:59 AM
Brings a tear to my eye too....but at least before he left he hooked me up with his JL audio setup! And with little things like those in some of the GSQUAD members cars, his memory will live on! It's like he will be there for every meet, even when he physically isnt! =) lol

Old 10-23-2006 | 11:36 AM
|
G SQUAD
I'm glad to see the first people to reply are the people who were involved in the: "Raid Jason's Free for ALL garage sale on his G35 parts"... lol

Brain: Hope you're enjoying the Plenum!
Kyle: Glad to see you're loving those rims. I loved those too and that is by far the best exterior mod that changes the look of the G. Did you get that Nismo **** installed?
Geoff: Rock on with that Audio Setup!

Old 10-23-2006 | 04:15 PM
G SQUAD
Very nice words Jay...didnt know you had it in ya j/k

Congrats on the new vehicle and mods are definitely gonna happen regardless of how many times you chant no mods no mods...

Hopefully we'll see you around at a couple of meets here and there.

-Vin

Old 10-23-2006 | 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Babiephat
Well.... the G35's been fun, but I decided 2 weeks back that I wanted a more practical, sensible (AWD) car that I could drive year round without it being a garage queen for 5months out of the year.

This was the first "nice" car I've ever owned in my life, and I still love the car and think it's one of the sexiest cars on the road. I still turn my head everytime I hear an FX35, 350Z, etc drive by...

I've met some really cool people in the NE area and GSquad, and looking back... being there for the VERY first meet with 15 stock G35's (ok, maybe 2 or 3 guys had rims...) chillin', BS'ing, talking cars to what's evolved as GSquad now.

Used to be addicted to these forums checking G35driver 10 times per day (Post whoring and all... you know who you are), reading everything on the forums.

Started out with only the Coupe forums, then Northeast, GSquad... then Audio, Exterior, Interior, Rims, etc... This forum is like crack when you first get your car and I look at it like a "support group" for people addicted to "mods"... You guys all helped me thru it. lol

Shouts out to Drew/Jon for peer-pressuring me to get the bodykits 2 weeks before HIN (*******!! lol), John (Duc) for helping me out with my mod habits, Vance for being there when someone STOLE my rims, Speed (Dan) helping me install that lip waaaaaay back then, O_NO for all the vids/photos from twisties, and the WHOLE Hot Import Nights Atlantic City Crew (partying it up Rockstar style in AC!!), and shouts out to all the old skool (and new skool) Gsquad fellas, those twisties meets, DIY meets, BBQ meets, cruisin' meet, etc. It really made owning the G35 that much more enjoyable and pleasurable. This is what made owning the G35 special to me... Otherwise, I'd be another lemming on the road driving a stock G. lol

For those who don't know... I got a Audi B7 Platform S4 in Dolphin Grey. That V8 sounds MEAN!! I'll definitely bring it out to a meet sometime.

I'm telling myself: NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS, NO MODS.... lol

We'll see come Spring cause that's when the "mod itch" season begins.

It was great knowing/meeting all you guys...
S4 cool- that was/is the other car i'm itchin to own, but i was a little skeptical of the reliability. a v8 in a car like that should be a blast! i'd love to hear your impressions of it vs the G- good luck with it!

Old 10-23-2006 | 05:23 PM
I'm glad to see the first people to reply are the people who were involved in the: "Raid Jason's Free for ALL garage sale on his G35 parts"... lol

Brain: Hope you're enjoying the Plenum!
Kyle: Glad to see you're loving those rims. I loved those too and that is by far the best exterior mod that changes the look of the G. Did you get that Nismo **** installed?
Geoff: Rock on with that Audio Setup!
Yeah installed the **** and it looks great - also working on all the stuff I got from coupin - kinda went overboard lately!!

Old 10-23-2006 | 05:38 PM
G SQUAD
Jason...

an Original G-Squad member...one of the Old skool Squad B4 we came up with an official name for the crew and were basically taking over the NE section forums...lol...

Man...forget all this good bye stuff......We EXPECT you to show up in that AUDI and let us all check it out....!!! damn it we better see you again...lol

glad it all worked out for you with the car man!

Old 10-23-2006 | 07:32 PM
|
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by Nightops
S4 cool- that was/is the other car i'm itchin to own, but i was a little skeptical of the reliability. a v8 in a car like that should be a blast! i'd love to hear your impressions of it vs the G- good luck with it!
Just finished detailing the car inside/out... lol

1st Impressions? (Having driven all of 3 miles so far... lol)

As much I as completely love the sound of our VQ's (music to my ears... ), the S4's tone is just absolutely amazing from that V8. That V8 just growls unlike ANY car I have ever owned... I'm thinking of a mix between a sweet sounding muscle car V8, mated with a screaming 7k rpm of a refined SOLID German car. (When the doors close, it's a THUD! No clank...)

Power/TQ are amazing and come on quick!! The Quattro AWD needs some getting use to... I liked to kick my rears out on the G for the fun of it. Can't really do that... it just... "sticks" on the road. Gives you confidence knowing that you're always in control of the car and nothing's really unexpected. The 12-way Recaro seats are really nice too. Audi's interior sets it apart (also got CF interiors).

Damn... feel like I'm writing for a car magazine after a "1st Drive/Impression"... lol

I'll come out, and 4 of y'all can hop in at a time for a quick spin. LOL (btw... the rears seats have very little legroom)

Last edited by G35PhatS4; 10-23-2006 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-23-2006 | 07:44 PM
Just finished detailing the car inside/out... lol

1st Impressions? (Having driven all of 3 miles so far... lol)

pics! what color is it? when you get a chance to take it into the canyons i'd like to see how the weight difference affects the handling. 4x4 must be pretty awesome though

Old 10-23-2006 | 07:51 PM
you'll appreciate this if your into the S4- me and Gamma went to the indoor range and when we came out we saw this - if you look closely at the grill the emblem is an RS4. something like 420hp

Old 10-23-2006 | 08:16 PM
|
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by Nightops
you'll appreciate this if your into the S4- me and Gamma went to the indoor range and when we came out we saw this - if you look closely at the grill the emblem is an RS4. something like 420hp

Yea... I love the RS4.

Just couldn't find the extra $25k or so lying around in between the couches. lol

Plus... I still need to leave some room for upgrades come mid-life crisis.

Old 10-23-2006 | 08:22 PM
lol - i'm already at that point and i still wouldn't pay 65,000 for a car : )
so maybe i'll buy a porsche at 60 : )

Old 10-23-2006 | 11:58 PM
It's sad to see you leave us Jason but it was great to get to know ya.. you are one of the OG's of the Squad and yes definitely bring out the S4 to one of our next meets!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Leaving G35 family...