Time Attack 9/13

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by JEVERYDAY
Gio.... what happened man? You cant lose to those BMW's... LOL

Side note... the M3's handling loooks siiick! It looks like thats where he was losing you. You were on his tale on straight-aways.

Good run. What can I say, Bmws. Ehhh!
Don't worry I got some thing for that BMW for next time.
I'll play its own game take out every thing behind the drivers seat
and run track pads.

I already talked to my local stereo shop to redesign my trunk
so i can quickly disconnect and pull the whole system and have a bare
trunk.

Track pads are being outsourced as we speak.
Racing seat is a whole different story i got a wide frame.
Everyone was running racing seats mean while I almost
ended up in the passenger seat during a few turns.

Thanks guys for the support it was definitely alot of fun.
I didn't think the street pads I had on were going to fade
as much as they did but still better than what I had stock.

Let me know when you want to put yours on the track Jay
I'll be there

Old 09-18-2008, 01:29 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats man.. I was suppose to run this event with my GT2 but I had a cracked cupcar control arm that I didn't even know, and couldn't be ordered in time My friend Ken was there in his white GT3

I'll be out there this coming Monday to tear it up though!

Old 09-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by iLLG35
Congrats man.. I was suppose to run this event with my GT2 but I had a cracked cupcar control arm that I didn't even know, and couldn't be ordered in time My friend Ken was there in his white GT3

I'll be out there this coming Monday to tear it up though!
Wow haven't seen you in awhile.
Glad to see you still coming around.

Monday should be good too bad i got training
and can't get away.

One piece of advise
Track is real slippery since they have all that dirt on the side of the track
that blows over.
You can see it in the video how my rear was twitching during some turns.

Have fun you will definitely enjoy it.

The jersey devil turn is a bisch.
I was talking with one of the track guys there.
He said he spent 3 full days and still couldn't find the proper line.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...boltCourse.jpg <~~~big pic of course layout with the number for each turn

Jersey Devil is turn 9-11
also if they use the chicane like they did to us.
Be careful coming out of the chicane that is around turn 3
it has a bump there that will unsettle the car and snap the tail.
Turns 11a and 11b seem like you can go right up the middle and
you would be good but it has a tendency to unsettle the car cause
the weight of the car will shift from left to right.

Everything else is smooth sailing

Last edited by Glex25; 09-18-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:25 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Yea I ran both courses a few weeks ago, your observations are just about spot on, except each car acts differently according to tire setups, suspension setups and drivers obviously...

I didn't like this track, I did 7 events all over the country this season and this track was weak... BUT, its 150 dollar and im free, so im going to do it anyway LOL....

Old 09-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by iLLG35
Yea I ran both courses a few weeks ago, your observations are just about spot on, except each car acts differently according to tire setups, suspension setups and drivers obviously...

I didn't like this track, I did 7 events all over the country this season and this track was weak... BUT, its 150 dollar and im free, so im going to do it anyway LOL....

I know what you mean about the different setups.
I was limited to 140 thread wear street tires or higher.
The only street tires I had were 240 thread wear so thats what I had to use.
I have Pirelli Pzero Racing Slicks 285/265/18 and some Toyo RA1 R-Compound that I wanted to use.

I had my suspension dialed in for Autox and street.
I got a little over zealous on the dampening thinking since we going to be banking at higher speeds let me up the dampening to control body roll. The first practice run my front started plowing on me so I lowered the dampening in the front and car started behaving. In retrospect I should have also lowered the tire pressure by about 4psi since I had them around 37psi cold.

All my mistakes this weekend was due to lack of experience with my new setup on a large track. Hopefully in the future I will be able have time to
attend some of the other tracks along the east coast.

I have done Limerock and Pocono's HDPE events but you definitely right about the track being so n so. I think the track has potential but still in its infancy, give it a few more years for them to smooth out the rough spots and I think
it would be alot better.

Which tracks have you done this year?
Which one you liked the most? why?

Old 09-19-2008, 10:24 PM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Originally Posted by Glex25
I know what you mean about the different setups.
I was limited to 140 thread wear street tires or higher.
The only street tires I had were 240 thread wear so thats what I had to use.
I have Pirelli Pzero Racing Slicks 285/265/18 and some Toyo RA1 R-Compound that I wanted to use.

I had my suspension dialed in for Autox and street.
I got a little over zealous on the dampening thinking since we going to be banking at higher speeds let me up the dampening to control body roll. The first practice run my front started plowing on me so I lowered the dampening in the front and car started behaving. In retrospect I should have also lowered the tire pressure by about 4psi since I had them around 37psi cold.

All my mistakes this weekend was due to lack of experience with my new setup on a large track. Hopefully in the future I will be able have time to
attend some of the other tracks along the east coast.

I have done Limerock and Pocono's HDPE events but you definitely right about the track being so n so. I think the track has potential but still in its infancy, give it a few more years for them to smooth out the rough spots and I think
it would be alot better.

Which tracks have you done this year?
Which one you liked the most? why?
I know what you mean man... I have Motons on my GT2, RSR adjustable toe links, control arms you name it the car has it , all solid bushings and mounts it's ridiculous! BUT, damn near impossible to get down pat or perfect, and I cannot literally keep my track alignment and drive on the street, hell after every event or 2 if I'm wringing the car out it has to be re-aligned, the solid bushings and mounts make it like metal on metal, any disruptions and it goes out of whack Might have to switch back to urethane... But when it's setup properly, oh god. Now i'm running more camber (just about -3 around) toe we left put and it's so damn neutral, no push or understeer (not even when the tires COOK now) and no snap oversteer which is scary in these GT porsche's being RWD.

I am running R888's coming from RA1's and Michelin Pilot Cups.. I have ran Pirelli slicks and Hoosier R6's though, unreal and worth 3-4 seconds difference faster then an R compound, they are just heat cycled to death after 2 events and gets costly. The R comps offer just about as much grip (almost) and last a lot longer, I have 255/335's out back too, the grip is just mind blowing.

I have done VIR, Mid Ohio, Summit Point, Roebling Road, Pocono, Watkins, NJMP this year... My favorite? VIR, been there twice and cannot wait to go back soon, imagine the sickest track on a video game nurburgring excluded, and it's that type of experience, something you just dream of visiting. The track is just so long, technical and fast!! Mid Ohio comes next, same type of deal

Listen, if you are interested in NJMP you can run with our group exotics rally, we get to pick and choose whenever we go and we could meet up, chat and run, 150 dollars for the day

Martin

Old 09-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by g'dup13
more

HA! im the one without the headlight! i was in the process of painting them one at a time hense why the one is out

Old 09-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by soosh
HA! im the one without the headlight! i was in the process of painting them one at a time hense why the one is out

i had to post a picture of that man..lol. i think u caught up to me on the garden state parkway going north around 11ish. was very tempted to follow u when u dipped but i was comfortable following the car in front of me.. exhaust sounds nice man.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by g'dup13
i had to post a picture of that man..lol. i think u caught up to me on the garden state parkway going north around 11ish. was very tempted to follow u when u dipped but i was comfortable following the car in front of me.. exhaust sounds nice man.
yeah the exhaust is the buddyclub prospec, i think i did see you followin. me and my friend were tryin to make some good time getting back home up in central jersey. we were actually coming from AC, we were down there so we figured why not stop by down there.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by soosh
yeah the exhaust is the buddyclub prospec, i think i did see you followin. me and my friend were tryin to make some good time getting back home up in central jersey. we were actually coming from AC, we were down there so we figured why not stop by down there.

haa funny u say that cause me and the wife decided to go to AC as well, couldnt pass that up it was on the way back home. good thing i didnt follow u cause i was a lil tipsy

Old 11-26-2008, 01:40 AM
tisk tisk tisk. you wouldnt want anything bad to happen to that nice beautiful car you have now would you? safe driving is always important