Unknown Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unknown Radar Detector

I just got my G35 Coupe yesterday (yea!) and yes, I've been beating it up. I didn't get a new one (cause I can't afford it), so I bought an 03 model with low miles. It's got everything factory but the Nav package. Since I don't have to break it in, I've been making 3 or 4 car length burnouts and doing some donuts (haven't had time for anything else). Anyway, I live in Dayton, and I was hoping you guys could help me with a question. This car has an aftermarket radar detector built in. The dealer didn't know about it, and I didn't tell them (I found it during the test drive). Whoever installed it did a sweet job on it. All it has visible is two little red LED's on either side of the clock, and one led that glows either green or yellow. Now, I don't want to go ripping the panels off to find the unit, but it has a control **** on the drivers side down under the interior lighting controls by the clutch. I've never had a radar detector on a car before, and I was wondering if someone could tell me if I've figured it out correctly:

The LED's on each side of the clock point to which side I'm being tagged on.
The green/orange LED is the power/mode LED.
The **** is actually two *****: one outside, one inside. The One outside flips the power led between green/orange and off. The inside **** I am assuming adjusts the volume...but could it be the sensitivity?
Lastly, I am assuming one of the modes is city driving, the other highway. Both modes suffer from false alarms from infrared doors in shopping centers, so I haven't been able to figure out which is which. Has anyone ever heard of an install like this before? It looks like it was professionally done, so I'm hoping someone recognizes the work. Thank you!

Old 11-13-2004, 09:19 PM
Re: Unknown Radar Detector

Damn those units start around 1K man!!! First u gotta find out what brand ya have. I would look in the frint grill area, there should be a small black box that receives signals. there could be one on the rear as well. They may say what brand it is. My guess is either a K40 or beltronics, but could be a few others. Once u know who makes it, u can request a users guide!

www.gsquad.org

Old 11-14-2004, 07:09 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with Diesel1,

Pop up the hood and look down behind the grill, or the other place would be behind the bumper (grill openings).
I just wonder how the dealer missed it with all those LEDs. Or maybe they did know about it but didn't want to make it official as it "in a way" promotes speeding....
In any case, it looks like you just won one hell of detector...[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

MY G-ENIE

Old 11-14-2004, 03:54 PM

I found it! Diesel1 you're spot on! It's a K40-2000 Undetectable Dual Front and Rear Remote Radar Protection System. I downloaded the manual on their website, so now I know how to use it! Thanks for the help, I'm psyched now! I was regretting not demanding that they install the XM receiver in the car as a condition of the buy, but now that I know what I got away with...

I've attached some pics of the install, looks really slick.

Thanks again!

385871-K40-Detector.jpg

Old 11-14-2004, 07:45 PM

U LUCKY ****!!!!! LOL That's a HUUUUUUUGE FIND!!!

www.gsquad.org

Old 11-15-2004, 11:41 AM
G SQUAD

yeah minggggggg................k40 come standard equipment on ferraris