Autobahn in Germany!! =)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 09:03 AM
G SQUAD
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autobahn in Germany!! =)

It sucks that I miss the Dyno meet, and the Philly meet recently... but it's ALL good cause my consolation prize was driving "NO LIMITS" on the Autobahn in Germany on my recent business trip...

Just wanted to share some pix with my fellow G-Squad'ers.

They had some really awesome cars in Germany... most of them I've never seen before and it's a contrast to seeing these huge SUV's all over the road here in the US. I was in a '05 Euro VW Golf during the week... and felt like a GIANT when parked next to a Smart Car or a Fiat.

I had to switched over to an Audi A4 TDI for the weekend since the Golf topped out too slow (Top Speed not worth mentioning... and took forever to get there!!) and I was getting passed up by sh!tty cars. Call it the getting passed up complex when you're in 5th gear, pedal to the floor... I was feeling all good... in 5th, flooring it... and a Porche 911 came flying by like I was going in Reverse. From my German co-workers, rule on Autobahn is you drive on the right, and pass on the left. Even if you're in you're M3, going 250km/hr.... you NEED to drive on your right cause you never know when a Porsche or Lambo or Mercedes comes flying up on your rear at 300km/hr...

I did get to 230km/hr in the Audi A4 TDI (Did not take pix going that fast... needed both hands on the wheels) The pix attached was me riding shotgun in my friend's Opel going ~200km/hr.

I was tempted to rent that Lotus Elise... but no way my company would pay for that! LOL... That was one SWEET a$$ car!! Only for a bargain price of 35,000Euros

I also went to Prague... Man it was beautiful there. It was never bombed during the World Wars, so everything is as it was.

btw... Would you be intimidated by a Police that drives a Smart car??!! I found that hilarious...

Attached Thumbnails Autobahn in Germany!!  =)-img_0059.jpg   Autobahn in Germany!!  =)-img_0041.jpg   Autobahn in Germany!!  =)-img_0039.jpg   Autobahn in Germany!!  =)-img_0097.jpg   Autobahn in Germany!!  =)-img_0110.jpg  

Last edited by G35PhatS4; 03-16-2005 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:13 AM
NY G-Squad G Race Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow Jay, looks like you had a little fun despite it being a business trip haha, what did you go there for again?? Wow that last picture looks so damm beautifull, road trip tot he Autobahn anyone??

Old 03-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Damn J - Looked like an EVENTFUL business trip!!! LOL

Did anyone see modern marvels last night? They had a whole show dedicated to the Autobahn! Quick recap, yes drive on right, pass on left. The featured a Porsche tuner Ruus or something (I forgot...I was tired), anyway, he tests every Porsche they deliver and tell the owner exactly how fast it will top out at! Needless to say the test driver for the tuner (WHAT A FRIGGIN JOB THAT MUST BE!!!!) took this POrsche out at NIGHT no less, and needless to say despite the smoothest road in the world, the camera was shaking like crazy when he topped it out and buried the speedo!!!

In addition, here is an interesting fact, with so much speed on the Autobahn, their death rate is like .74 per million miles of roadway or thousand miles whatever....again it was late, Anywaone wanna guess what it was for American highways???? .82, that's right ladies and gents, American roads weren't as safe!!!

Oh, you didn't think I would end this w/o telling you what the Porsche topped out at did ya........................212MPH!!!!! AT Night!!! Talk about outdriving your headlights!!!

Old 03-16-2005, 11:26 AM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by iLLG35
Wow Jay, looks like you had a little fun despite it being a business trip haha, what did you go there for again?? Wow that last picture looks so damm beautifull, road trip tot he Autobahn anyone??
I was there for work & the German 1Litre Beers!! LOL...

We have a facility over there in Germany, so we go there to transfer the technology. I was with one of my co-worker (owns a M3) and we both were wishing that we could have our cars shipped out there for our next trip out there...!!

Yes, I had a blast even though it was work. I think I've had my fair share of pork for awhile. Beef is not big over there and it costs a hell of a lot more.

Here are some more pix of that Elise... and an A3 Sportback!

Attached Thumbnails Autobahn in Germany!!  =)-elise.jpg   Autobahn in Germany!!  =)-elise2.jpg   Autobahn in Germany!!  =)-a3.jpg  
Old 03-16-2005, 11:50 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
mm mm mm.... Autobahn land.... haaa

Glad you're back and see that it was more of a joy trip than work...LOL
Nice pics.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Yo 'Phat

Welcome back dude. Glad you were able to mix biz and pleasure while you were over there.

I would of layed down the extra $$ and have taken lotus and beat the crap out of it for the weekend. Now you'll be thinkin what if but don't take it out on your G. =)

Good to see you back.

Old 03-20-2005, 08:11 AM
Babiephat-

I'm going to France the last week of april and my friend and I are gonna visit an army buddy in Germany. Im only 20. my question is, do you need to be 21 and all that stuff? like how much is the price of a rental if you don't mind me asking. Thanks for any info

Jason

Old 03-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by iLLG35
road trip tot he Autobahn anyone??
I'm in, iLL...let's go!!!!

Old 03-20-2005, 07:10 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by G ThirtyFizzleX
Babiephat-

I'm going to France the last week of april and my friend and I are gonna visit an army buddy in Germany. Im only 20. my question is, do you need to be 21 and all that stuff? like how much is the price of a rental if you don't mind me asking. Thanks for any info

Jason
Car rentals are pretty expensive in Europe. On top of the extravagant price of a rental, and the gas by the "litre" per Euro... you'll need to get insurance in Europe while you have the rental. Insurance there is MUCH more than here in the US. Check with your insurance carrier about coverage in another country. I was on business so the company policy covered it. Expect to spend a great deal on a rental though.

The best bet to get around is probably the train... and taxi it around town. Public transportation in Europe is awesome compared to our so-called public trans...

Autobahn trip?? I'm always down... now if I can only bring my car.