Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2005 | 09:06 PM
|
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by lucidazn
*ahem
You aren't speaking any English at all... =P

If anyone has any questions about this event please contact me...

Lucidazn..what do you mean I'm not speaking any english?? what R U referring to?

Old 04-24-2005 | 09:13 PM
Joke.. xP

Old 04-26-2005 | 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by NYCG35
OK...just to clear up some of the talk about whats what with this event...

HERE IS THE ACTUAL STORY:

This invite was extended to Marty as a G-Squad member on the BMW boards...Marty knows how we do things, so came to the ones that put G-Squad things together...I contacted RRRIZE and was told the G-Squad was invited because the G is one of the Hottess cars out there and causein a big buzz and we had our SH** together when it came to organized events.

This event is the third one they are doing, first one got rained out and 150 cars showed but left quickly, I was there. BMW LEXUS and MERCEDES only
the next date was June 13th and I didnt go because it was the same day as a G-Squad meet.

The June 13th one had about 200 cars AGain LEXUS, MERCEDES and BMW ONLY....if you take a look at the brands invited, inviting INFINITI G35's and AUDI makes sense. As they have chosen to do that this year...LUXURY BRANDs

Its not about NOT inviting Z's or not wanting us to get up numbers.

We (yes we, cause I am organizing it with them for our side) are trying to do it on a LUXURY branding kind of meet.

G-Squad's invite includes Z-Squad and that was explained and understood which hence includes Queens350Z and Zmedic. Z medic has not signed up yet so yes that leaves only Luis for now....

hope that clears up the
...its not personal, its just the layout for this particular event...thats all

IF there are any questions about this event in regards to anything, please contact me.
Actually, I'd like to further clarify...

The EuroPacific Summer Showoff is an annual theme event. It is the intention of the event to bring European and JDM (Pacific) car enthusiasts together to admire and celebrate the brands and the culture. Unfortunately, we cannot invite every Euro or JDM marque every year, so there is a discussion that takes place (somewhere around February) where we try to figure out who will be invited as part of the theme each year. Last year we decided on Lexus, BMW and Mercedes. Huge success!!

I'm a BMW owner and enthusiast so I know what the BMW community is like - HUGE enthusiast base and mostly a mature bunch of guys and gals. The coordinators took close notice at the EuroPacific Meet last year at the Lexus community. Not not only do they have a HUGE enthusiast culture along with very hot, modded rides, but the characters were by and large a cool and mature crowd that was a real pleasure to be around. Thus, Lexus was invited again this year. Quite frankly, they will likely be invited every year.

This year, during our discussion of who would be invited, it was a toss up between the G35 and another JDM car that I will not mention. Vaynce got to me before the final decision was made and after talking to him I was convinced that we MUST go with Infiniti G35s. NOT JUST THE G-Squad, but ALL G35s! However, as a coordinator of this event, I have to mention that is is a special pleasure to have in attendance the G-Squad because of the way they go about their business - in a mature and organized way. I am truly impressed with the G-Squad and if they represent the mentality, maturity and downright coolness of all G35 owners, then like the Lexus community, the G35 community will always be invited to the EuroPacific Summer event.

Who knows who will be invited next year, but you can be rest assured that the same pattern of selection will be implemented. We will take into consideration, not only the "cool factor" of the car/marque, but the "cool factor" of the community members among other critera. This will obviously mean visiting car forums and meeting people like Vaynce, who can give a fair assessment of the community as a whole and bear testament to the level of maturity of the community and the overall attitude of the folks.

I mention maturity a lot because it's just simply VERY IMPORTANT to have at this kind of event. Last year we had slightly over 200 cars at the EuroPacific. This year we anticipate well over 300 cars!! For obvious reason, maturity is a requisite. Burn-outs, racing, cross-brand flaming or any other kind of knuckle-headisms is strictly prohibited! I know that the G-Squad has a policy among themselves that prohibits this sort of behavior, and it's our hope that the great majority of people coming will let common sence and maturity dictate how they conduct themselves.

Finally, let me let it be known right here and now that the reason just a few marques are invited every year is because of the raffle. One feature of the EuroPacific Summer meet is the raffle. The coordinators work very hard at getting sponsors to donate enhancing products (mods) for your car so that we can raffle them off. As you can imagine it's a task in itself getting products for 4 car groups. Imagine if we had to try and get products for every car out there! It would be impossible. So, please do not feel slighted if you were not invited as a feature this year. No matter what you drive you are still welcome to come and enjoy the day with us. There will definitly be a number of cars there that are not part of the featured theme, including a Bently Continental GT!! So come on out and have fun with us, no matter what you drive!

Sorry for the long post.

Ron
BMW/Lexus Coordinator

Last edited by RRRize; 04-26-2005 at 11:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2005 | 02:27 PM
|
G SQUAD
Thanks Ron for the in depth insight....

Old 04-30-2005 | 02:45 PM
Banned
got to rep for this 1 guys gat a few toys to show

Casanova(stillen)

Old 04-30-2005 | 04:02 PM
|
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by casanova_love
got to rep for this 1 guys gat a few toys to show

Casanova(stillen)
Ahh yes Raul...whats up man!...You make 40!!

see you there man

Who's NEXT?

Old 05-03-2005 | 09:12 PM
Sign me up I hope I get my new shoes before then

NYCG35 sign me up. Although I may show up on my new 2005 GSX-R 1000 tricked out.

Old 05-03-2005 | 10:04 PM
|
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by 911c2998
NYCG35 sign me up. Although I may show up on my new 2005 GSX-R 1000 tricked out.

GOT CHA....

just an FYI: you'll have to park it in a different section...everything will be divided sectioned by brand.

I'm sure the bike Is HOT but Y not just bring the G and make it 41 G35's?

Old 05-03-2005 | 10:31 PM
G SQUAD
I agree... why not just bring the G instead of the bike??

btw... one of my co-workers is going to be coming along for this one. He drives an M3 and liked the idea of seeing the variety of cars.

...and to also give in to his constant "kind" requests to see if I wanna have a go against his M3. Not much arm twisting here...

J

Old 05-05-2005 | 12:03 AM
Hey count me in guys.. I'll be there with my girlfriend

Old 05-05-2005 | 12:24 AM
|
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by dosa
Hey count me in guys.. I'll be there with my girlfriend
Yeah yeah U R in!...

thats a potential 42....!

WHO'S NEXT??

Old 05-05-2005 | 12:34 AM
I'll drop by.

Old 05-05-2005 | 12:37 AM
|
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by G35Bandit
I'll drop by.
Is that a "YES" you are coming? and a touch of sarcasm...LOL
let me know to add ya or just put you down as "just droppin by"....LOL

j/k

Old 05-05-2005 | 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by NYCG35
Is that a "YES" you are coming? and a touch of sarcasm...LOL
let me know to add ya or just put you down as "just droppin by"....LOL

j/k
yea Im down...I'm around the area anyways. Is there a meeting point, or is everyone going on their own?

Old 05-05-2005 | 01:23 AM
|
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by G35Bandit
yea Im down...I'm around the area anyways. Is there a meeting point, or is everyone going on their own?

AHH YES...No doubt...come on man we are the G35's rollin in...we gotta make an entrance...LOL

The meeting point will be the G-Squads Cunningham park start point...and then from there we will regroup at Canarsie pier...but DETAILS will be posted this weekend ...please goto GSquad.org for details on the G-line (caravan) start point directions...

and check back over the weekend , there will be a new thread of where, how to get to and what time we all will be meeting at Canarise pier...off Belt PKWY EXIT 13...come around circle we will be gathered in parking lot...

Last edited by NYCG35; 05-05-2005 at 01:29 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MAY15th - 2005 EUROPACIFIC MEET at FBF, Brooklyn , NY