G35 Cars Looking for a new or used G35? No dealers, no exceptions.

BEWARE OF SCAM - G35 coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got the same thing when selling my cobra. The british buyer said they were a representative of a person who was interested. I forget the details, but somehow they had a cashiers check for 50,000 dollars and would send it to me to cash. After I cashed it I was to ship the car and return the remainder of the money from the asking price. Sounded fishy and didn't reply back, but found out later is was a big scam.

Old 09-20-2006, 03:49 AM
Man i hate these scamming bastards... check out this email that i got from this scammer. I get these frequently when i sell items on craigslist, they always speak weird english just like this or even worse and have weird *** names. Here it is:

This is how it works.once i mail out your money order payment via USPS,you shall be contacted that is being approved and it will be sent out but the fund wont be delivered to you until you get the item shipped which i will arrange shipping myself once your money order payment has been approved by USPS and once you print out the paperworks and you get the item shipped,your funds will be delivered to you same day pls let me know.

Rgds
Moesh T. Woodruff

Lol....

Old 09-20-2006, 12:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Same thing happened on autotrader.com. Saw a hot M5 a year or two ago, real cheap and low miles. Once I found out it's overseas I was no longer interested. Was definitely a scam.

Old 09-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by codeflux
if it's too good to be true, it's a scam.

Not necessarily. I got a brand new Autosport harness from ebay for $81.

Old 09-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Someone had a GSXR-750 for sale in a local paper. He was in Europe but could ship the bike here. Looking up on Google the phone number from the ad, the bike was for sale in numerous papers.

I wanted to have some fun so I told him I had a stepbrother in England (true) and could come deliver the money personally. This would be the best for him and me since he would get cash and my stepbrother could see the bike.

He gave me a valid address (which my stepbrother verified) and offered to meet my stepbrother but not until I sent a Money Order. When I insisted that I was going to pay in cash, he said he'd have to find another buyer.....