G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

JD Power Survey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JD Power Survey

I just received a JD Power Survey regarding my '04 G35 coupe. I found it kinda funny that they included a clean 1 dollar bill for completing the survey. Was wondering if anyone else received a survey from JD Power and what complaints did you guys put down about the G. My only complaints are:

1.) the amount of squeaks and rattles associated with it...both door squeaks a little when opened/closed...the damn front passenger seat belt rattles, I actually buckle it in to stop the damn thing from rattling..and a slight rattle from the center console during low speeds.

2) The hard to operate and noisy HVAC system. The auto-climate control is horrible, it basically just leaves the AC at full blast everytime I use it, regardless of what inside temp I want to set it at. I also don't understand why the auto climate function shuts off anytime you select a venting method other than having the air directly blown at you.

What are your complaints and thoughts on the survey?

Old 09-18-2003, 05:33 PM
Re: JD Power Survey

seat belt bothering my neck and lil rattles here and there.

04 G35C 6mt/aero kit/nav/premium

Old 09-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

My A/C works great on my 04 Coupe in Auto mode. It starts out high and gradually over a few minutes brings itself down to a lower speed. Super Cold too. My car is also surprisingly rattle free. All the speed bumps here cause almost no rattles. I also have the 17's which give a much softer ride. So far, other than a cheap looking console, no complaints.. I however have not recieved anthing from JD Powers.

04 G35C/white pearl/5AT/Premium

Old 09-18-2003, 06:05 PM

Hi:

I agree with the "Auto Econ" temp control trouble. When the "Auto Econ" mode is selected, it insists on bringing in outside air, even when it is 110 degrees outside. Cooling 110 degree air costs WAY more than re-cycling the interior cool air. The dealer told me the "Auto Econ" control is a design flaw/failure.

In the winter, the "Auto Econ" mode will probably try to heat ice cold air from the outside instead of recirculating the warm interior air.

Has any one else noticed this design flaw? Is there a TSB out on it?
<font color=white>______________________________________ _____________________________________________</font color=white>

<font color=green>6 MT ~ (DP w/ WL)</font color=green>

Old 09-18-2003, 06:40 PM

I'm probably just too "old school" but I actually prefer switch levers for my AC and a jog dial to control volume of stereo. The volume control on the steering wheel, however, is a great addition. As for the auto AC setting, I probably just got so annoyed with it being on full blast upon startup that maybe the interior did not get close enough to the desired setting for the AC to turn down automatically. I never really figured out AC and AC econ either...

Old 09-18-2003, 06:43 PM

I'm at 2200mi, and have no rattles, noises, squeaks, temp malfunctions, or other complaints whatsoever about my car.

My climate control system only switches to outside air when the in/out temperature is about the same.

03.5 Coupe - Black/Willow, 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, Sat

Old 09-18-2003, 06:44 PM

The tempermental CD player and the rattles are what I complained about in the survey.

I've never had to analyze my CD's to see if they have "Compact Disc" on it before putting them in, so lame IMO

G Coupe / Caribbean Blue /Aero / Premium / Brushed Aluminum Center Console

Old 09-18-2003, 06:57 PM

I received my survey back in July on my 2003. The survey can really affect the resale value of our rides. I really didn't have any real complaints other than the CD player is painfully slow.

2003 Black Coupe
Premium Package, Aero package, 35% Tint

Old 09-18-2003, 07:30 PM

Get your ac checked out. Have a black/graphite in FL and use Econ ac most of the time. Set it at 76 to 78. It automatically switched to recir when hot then switches to regular when the temp reaches a closer differential.

I find the system works extremely well, better than my grand caravan system which works well also

Have a healthy day!
93 J30t, Black on Black (sold as of 9/10)
03.5 G35, Black on Black

Old 09-18-2003, 07:50 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I received the survey about 2 months ago.
I listed the rear shelf rattle, a headlight problem, and disappointing sound from the Bose as complaints. I gave high marks to everything else. That is all I mentioned in the survey.
As to other issues others have mentioned in this thread:
My a/c system seems to work fine, although the fan/air vents are extremely noisy. When I get in my other car, a BMW 540, I think the a/c is off because it is so quite as comparted to the G. Also the vents in the G always seem to blow directly on occupants and everyone is always trying to adjust them. And yes, the auto mode is very slow to lower the fan speed. My BMW is the opposite, it lowers it too quickly, so maybe auto a/c is not for everyone. Good thing there is manual fan speed controls!
The G lets in a lot of road noise; its sound deadening is not very good.
The passenger seat belt rattle when not in use is definately a design defect which Infiniti should recall. I have put velcro on mine as a band-aid fix.

But these are all minor, I love the car and feel it was a good value. $ went into performance, not luxury.