G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

RED G35 w/ BLACK RACING STRIPES?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 10:45 AM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This is a funny thread. I think the blue G is ugly and the stripe isn't straight. It looks like a Mustang wannabe. The stripes on the side give that effect and don't look good. The red G with the black stripe is not too bad.

But the reason I'm reviving this very old thread is that I'm thinking about doing this to my red 06 but with a double white stripe.

And for all the haters out there, racing stripes did not originate with American muscle cars. They started with British road racing teams and were usually a dual stripe with a contrasting color or a single off-center stripe. This was later picked up by Shelby's road racing teams and made its way onto production Shelby's and then to Mustangs and now Vipers.

I'm considering slowly converting my G into a full time track car over the next few years. I like the retro look of white racing stripes on red cars. Admittedly this does alter the lines of the G but since the G does have classic sports car lines, it looks like many classic racers from the 60's.

So once I get to the point where I'm pulling out the back seat and center console for weight loss I will probably get white vinyl racing stripes put on. Probably with a round white area on the hood for numbers.

The thing to remember, at least in my case, is that if I do this it will be with a certain amount of humor. This is not to impress 17 year old girls or ricers or mod addicts. I think it will look retro-cool, be easily recognized on the track at track day events and maybe get a laugh or two.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
not sure if serious lol

Old 11-17-2011, 11:29 AM
N80
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by R10T_x
not sure if serious lol

Very serious.

I mean, the car is pushing six years old. I've had it on the track once and it is the most fun I've ever had driving a car and I plan to keep on doing it. The paint is far from perfect and if I'm to the point where I'm thinking about gutting the interior or even just adding racing seats then why not have a little fun with it?

The big decision at that point will be what color wheels to mount my track tires on. If I was going to leave the car with no stripe I'd go black wheels. If I add the stripes I might have to go with either white or natural (polished) aluminum.