G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone with a september order?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Anyone with a september order?

I re-checked my po....I re-ordered in tb on 8/25....I can't beleive I have to wait till mid january!!

Old 12-18-2003, 09:35 PM

Yeah...and I thought that I had it rough! I ordered in early September, but the dealer didn't place it until early October. The only reason I'm not going insane is because I have no intention of driving it in this horrible weather anyway. Could we get lucky and have a short winter this year?!

What are you getting from Harte as "accessories"? I'm thinking about having them install the clear bra. Do you know if they do tinting as well?

'04 6MT, Laser Red/Graphite, Prem, Navi, 4-Piece Aero, BSM

Old 12-19-2003, 09:39 AM

I'm not surprised that they didn't re-order my car right away...they have not been very friendly to me since I re-ordered. I don't see why they are acting like this...my origional order came in and was gone in under 2 weeks!
I'm not getting accessories besides the port installed xm/areo pkg...I'm already over budget with the nav as it is. I'll find my own shop for the clear bra and later on I might do the splash, maybe front lip, clear corners, intake, and some amp/speaker upgrades myself.
Let me ask you something...on your po does it have the vin etch and "perfrered customer package" listed permanantely? For $450 I'de rather put that cash to mods but I don't know if they'll let me remove it at this point...

Old 12-19-2003, 03:16 PM

Hi guys,
I emailed Justme back in August when I was interested in getting an '03 G35 if any dealership within 150 miles of Hartford would negotiate. Needless to say, either they would not budge on the price ("We are getting offers above MSRP" Yeah, right, I'm not that hungry...). Justme mentioned that he had changed his mind about his original car at Devin and gave me a contact there. After failing to get a break from anyone on an '03, I too changed my mind and decided to order an '04 with my specs.
Well, you know the rest of the story about my 9/26 order at Harte. I'm no longer too concerned about the delay since it seems several of us are in the same situation. At the same time, while it's comforting to be not alone in this fiasco, I can only hopel that I'm not being taken for a ride by Harte. I'll certainly know in less than a month.
I've spent the past few months compiling a list of desirable mods for the car when it arrives. I haven't been this excited about a new car purchase since my acquisition of a 1985 Audi 4000 Quattro and my 1994 Acura Legend GS. I'll call Harte again today to verify that my order will be here in early January.

Old 12-26-2003, 05:58 PM

Ok! I just got an email from Harte with my vehicle VIN number. I guess that means that it is built. It is the 5759th '04 off the block in Tochigi.
Now, if no terrorists blow up my cargo transport between Tochigi and CA and if there is no California dockworker strike and if my tractor trailer has no accidents between California and CT, I might actually have a my car in mid to late January. Yaay! :-)
Salivate, I mean celibrate!
StatikTLR you are right, the build # they gave me has no correlation to the VIN I just got.
Anybody else hear anything about theirs? Justme?

Keith

Old 01-16-2004, 11:35 AM

Anyone get their car yet?? I was told mid-jan....it's the 16th today and still no car!!!
Btw...adnama what color is your interior? I got a tb/graphite 6mt w/nav/prem/areo pkg/no splash/xm....our orders are almost identical! They better not mix em up!

Old 01-16-2004, 01:23 PM

justme, yours was a sept order?

somethings wrong with that my friend.

I ordered Sept 5th, and picked it up from the lot Dec 20th.

It was a "non-standard" car too, in that it didn't have the premium package. My dealer said that "non-standard" cars tend to take longer to produce 'cause they're not as likely to sell.

Then again, my dealer coulda been feeding me crap to keep me from yelling.

Twlight blue/Willow 6mt.
It's here

Old 01-16-2004, 03:56 PM

Justme,
I got the same one.... Just kidding..
Everything is identical except for the aero/no splash/xm.
Mine is tb/graphite 6mt w/nav/prem/splash ( I liked the way Infiniti integrate their splash with the body). I chose not to get the aero because I wanted to be a pseudo sleeper (the cops will assume that I'm just a law-abiding driver in a car that looks fast) ...The aero screams out "I want to fly...at Mach 10"

BTW, mine is supposed to be here the week of Feb 6...I'm not holding my breath though.

Old 01-16-2004, 10:24 PM

justme97-

I'm with ya man! I was originally told the 16th and...nothing. Harte called on Monday with news of a delay, pushing my delivery date to the 21st. I'm having them install the clear bra tho and according to the salesman, that may take a day or so longer. It's too bad that your not picking it up in Hartford because I'm fairly sure they'd both be coming in the same day!

Old 01-17-2004, 11:41 AM

Yeah, that would be funny....but you never know...maybe they'll accidentally sent one of our cars to the wrong harte dealership.
I'm kinda worried because e-loan cut interest rates but had to send me a new "blank check" loan package with the new rate and I still haven't recieved it. If the car gets here today I can't pay for it! lol..
So how much did they quote you for the clear bra? Maybe I'll get that done also..
Here's to wednesday!
Adnama..feb 6?? That sux. I wonder if you made the october order...
Wizawuza...I ordered in late august but they did not put through my order until october!

Old 01-17-2004, 12:18 PM

I ordered mine of 9/4/2003, 6MT Ivory Pearl Graphite/4-piece Aero kit everything except for Nav.
I took delivery on 1/9/2004!!!!

2004 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero-kit 4-piece | Premium | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Lthr

Old 01-17-2004, 02:06 PM

I can't remember what they wanted for the clear bra, but essentially, it doesn't much matter. I knew for sure that I wanted it done, and would rather have it done by the dealer so that if anything goes wrong, I can deal directly with them. Supposedly, it's a two day process and it covers the whole front end, most of the hood, the lights, and the side view mirrors. In my opinion...it's a necessity in this state!