G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Going With E55 AMG Instead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going With E55 AMG Instead

Unfortunately, I went w/ the E55 AMG. Test drove the car and can't go back. I've decided to go with this car and cancel my order on the G35 Coupe. The car's a little pricier, but I'm willing to take it for the thrill and luxury I get from this beast. I do, have a whole bunch of parts available for sale for the G35 Coupe. Please go to the Parts/Accessories section for more details of the JDM parts for sale.

Old 09-19-2003, 02:10 PM
Re: Going With E55 AMG Instead

WOW! The E55 is just amazing. Simply beautiful. But I don't really understand this phrase
"The car's a little pricier"

LITTLE PRICIER??? That car is 80 grand, no? our car fully loaded...around high 30s low 40s. That's TWO Gs for an E55. Hey what can i say if you got the money, why not spend it, right? haha. well as soon as you get it please post pics. BTW what color are you going to get?

Old 09-19-2003, 02:25 PM

Good Luck, it is a great car! I only wish it was a "LITTLE PRICIER"!

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Valentine 1

Old 09-19-2003, 02:28 PM

$95,000 out the door price. Yeh, it is quite a bit "pricier" than the G35. I do have to admit, I feel a bit sad that I won't be getting the Coupe......Unfortunately, I could only afford either one. I will be getting the MB in white. Check out the classifieds at this site......I ordered a lot of high quality parts for the Coupe 6MT.

Old 09-19-2003, 02:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man,

That's the car I wanted but I had to think about other priorites before diving into it. But I agree, this car is definately you get what you pay for. Post some pics of it once you get it. I want to drool a bit.

- Don't argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.=P-

Old 09-19-2003, 02:52 PM

I just got off the phone w/ the Infiniti dealer and the manager wants to make the sale and says I won't be able to get my $5000 deposit back because I special ordered the car. I'm trying to figure out the legality in this........looked up my receipt and it does state that the deposit on special order vehicles is non-refundable.

I'm a person that hates to lose money.........especially to car dealers, so I will have to make this purchase. Oh well..........that's the price one pays for not reading the fine line. I'll be keeping all of the parts now..........SORRY GUYS! At least I'm still in the G club.

Guess, I gotta work things out w/ the MB dealer.

Old 09-19-2003, 02:55 PM

Wow.. Saying "Unfortunately" about that is like saying "Yeah, I decided to marry the supermodel instead of the stripper..." (no offense to strippers). I feel for ya.. If I could have swung the extra 20K (70's about as high as I'm willing to go right now), I'd have waited and gotten the new E, as well..

I have noticed that the new E55 is getting alot more ad play than the old one did. I think that's bad. I think only those who really appreciate fine cars should know what an E55 or an M5 or any such car is. Let the other fools wonder why that dowdy 4-door Mercedes just stomped the hell out of their Mustang Cobra..

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT Leather, BS, Prem

Old 09-19-2003, 02:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heh, any car that costs more than *two* G35s plus a Scion is more than a "little" pricier. Helluva car though. Still, one car for you, one for the mistress, and one for the wife (in that order) would have been a good deal.

-Jack
Obsidian '03 G35 Sports Coupe
Titanium '03 MX-5 Shinsen #532

Old 09-19-2003, 02:59 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I'm a person that hates to lose money.........especially to car dealers, so I will have to make this purchase. Oh well..........that's the price one pays for not reading the fine line. I'll be keeping all of the parts now..........SORRY GUYS! At least I'm still in the G club.

Guess, I gotta work things out w/ the MB dealer.

<hr></blockquote>
LOL, does this mean you have to give back the E55....

Old 09-19-2003, 03:03 PM

Dude look at it this way bro. If you were gonna spend 95k for the E55 AMG, you can now get a 35000 G35coupe, and with the 60000 left over you can get yourself a nice new shiny M3 (which I will gladly handwash and detail for you if you let me borrow it indefinitely).

-T

Old 09-19-2003, 03:24 PM

Hahahaha, I'll keep that in mind! Just wondering though......for those of you that purchased the vehicle through a special order, did you guys realize the deposit was non-refundable? Were you told? Yeh, I'm an idiot for not reading the onto the details of the deposit application form.

As for the E55, I asked them to give me a call when the car comes in. I didn't put a deposit in for this one, he just had one coming in next month w/ all the options I want. The car is marked up about $3500 over MSRP. Not too bad considering they were marking up the G35s about as much when they first came out. The way it handled at high speed was something I've never experienced, except in a 911 Turbo. The engine had a nice roar to it when you step on the throttle and I felt safe and confident when driving the car at 85. The car looks big from the outside, but once I drove the car, my perception of the size of the car was overtaken by the way the car felt at highway speeds. Thumbs up for this beast...............got plenty of looks from BMW owners.

Old 09-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Running for his life!!

E55, Good choice. I can't begin to tell you how much I love E55's. I rather have an E55 than a SL55. Yah I know I'm crazy, but once you own a E55 it's hard to get anything else, unless your income has dramatically change for the worse. It happens.

Best part about the E55 is that it is a sleeper car.

G35C 6MT / AMG E55<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by wreck on 09/19/03 12:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 09-19-2003, 03:55 PM

BTW, I think that Benz dealer is ripping you off. At my local Benz dealer they sell the E55 at MSRP, even CarsDirect.com are selling them for MSRP. I wouldn't pay $3,500 dealer markup. I think you could get a better deal then that. Just my $.02.

Old 09-19-2003, 03:58 PM
JPJ

Well Wil, my deposit was sort-of non-refundable and only because they have a thing against CB (dealer won't order one unless it was pre-sold because that color would be hard to sell). I only had to put down $500, too, not $5k - that's a TON of cash as a deposit on regular production car, especially for one with an MSRP <$40k. My dealer said that if I renegged on the deal, I wouldn't get my deposit back until the car was sold AND that they would have to sell it for what I had contracted to pay. In other words, if they sold it for $500 or more less than I was going to pay, tough noogies. If they sold it for what I was going to pay, I'd eventually get my deposit back. If I had ordered ANY other color besides CB, it would have been 100% refundable.

2003.5 G35 Coupe 6MT
CB/Graphite/Prem/Aero
Clear Corners/Tint
Alum Pedals
Zaino!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Going With E55 AMG Instead