G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Going With E55 AMG Instead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Alumni****
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Going With E55 AMG Instead

i agree with the people who say that you can get one without markup.. last time i went, i didn't get a chance to test drive one, but i did test drive the e500.. at the two dealerships i went, there was no markup on the e55.. just letting you know, that's all..

Old 09-19-2003, 05:46 PM

The Mercedes dealer may give you a credit/discount on your car if you can prove that you will lose the 5 grand on the deposit at the Infiniti dealership....

No matter what they say, the manufacturers make a buttload on each car produced....And most of the dealers do as well...especially the Mercedes types....

I will consider the AMG 2 door in a few years when the Infiniti is old and slow.

<p>
hehehehehehehehehehe

Old 09-19-2003, 06:31 PM

im surprised that they let you test drive it. i have a friend that works at an MB dealership in cali, and they let NO ONE drive those cars. you can ride shotgun if you want. but nothing behind the wheel. and why on earth did you drop 5 grr on a deposit. 500 to 1000 would have reserved it for you, from what i have experienced. hell the MB dealerships only want a 5% to 8% deposit on the AMGs........

Doc

You have been weighed.....You have been measured.....and you have been found WANTING!!!

Old 09-19-2003, 08:27 PM

Look at the Audi RS6...I have read a few articles and they all said that the RS6 is better than the E55.

Life is too short to argue on the Internet!

04' 6MT Coupe (on order)

Old 09-19-2003, 08:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I believe it was Car and Driver that recently did a shoot out between the BIG THREE SLEEPERS. By that I mean the 03' MB E55 AMG vs. AUDI RS6 vs. BMW M5. It was a nice article I think I have it somewhere. But basically I think we must all agree that having any of these fine cars would be any enthusiasts dream. But if remember correctly C&D rated the RS6 number 1 followed by the E55 then the M5. My personal preference for the money is the RS6 most because the design is more radical in my opinion and the interior is great. However from what I uderstand we here stateside are only getting 3000 or so per year, maybe more. I believe the E55 is on a higher production schedule. If I remember the E55 was actually faster in the 1/4 mile, (some insane number), but it lacks AWD which is why the RS6 owned both on the track. I think the only thing they could say about the M5 that was bad was that the design and interior was dated but we all know the new M5 is on it's way. **sigh** Going to go shine my G right now and dream of a job at C&D. Peace. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 09-19-2003, 09:25 PM

there is no way the dealership will not refund your deposit. if they don't, call infiniti consumer services and inform them of this. then proceed to bitch, and they in turn will "subtlely pressure" the dealer until you get your money back.

Old 09-20-2003, 04:17 PM

If your heart belongs to an E55 AMG, go with it, or you'll regret it later on. Don't "settle" for the G35 just because they won't give you your deposit back. You're ready to spend well over $90K, so loosing a "little" $5K should not be a big deal. But I do see your point to not let the dealer get your money if they don't deserve it. Work at it cause like other member said, there must be a way to get that back.

Old 09-20-2003, 06:55 PM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah you really should get your 5k back, I did when I canceled my BS order after I bought a black one. Then again I made the sales lady put refundable on the reciept with her sig next to it just in case. I wouldn't take a 5k hit though. threaten legal action and they will probably give in. I mean who knows if they would rather pay for a lawyer or refund the money that they never should have had in the first place. Good luck with the BenZ!

Old 09-20-2003, 07:53 PM

You should look for someone to take over your Coupe and then get the E55 AMG, that way you won't lose the full 5 grand (maybe lose few houndreds) and yet you can get the E55 you want... btw, i don't understand why 5k deposit on a G? i only put 1k CAD on my coupe.... Anywayz, i love the E55! will pick it over the G anytime, but just don't have the cash in hand... damn u lucky bastard! post pics if u really do get the MB...

Old 09-21-2003, 01:19 AM

I do have to be honest guys, everybody who has chimed in showed a lot of support.........and I appreciate it very much. I'll just hold off on the E55 for now. I figure I've already ordered so many parts for the Coupe that I should take it. I love the Coupe since its intro and never considered it to be second best to any car out there..............I'm not settling here. The E55 is a great car and I just might get it some time later........now that I have the Coupe and Sedan, I should be pretty busy.

I did, pick up my Coupe today and installed the GT-7s, Tein CS, Endless brakepads, Stillen camber kit, and Blitz intake. The car's riding great w/ the Teins and the Volks.......can't really compare it to stock because I had the car stock for about 15 minutes (the drive from the dealer to my friend's shop) before I worked on the car at MachIII in SF.....not much to compare.

As for the deposit..........the $5k deposit was my own decision. The dealer asked me to put at least $2k down and I decided to put a little more so that it would feel like I paid less when the car comes in. They again mentioned to me that the deposit is non-refundable, as stated on the receipt, where I did sign. But the sales manager said that they wouldn't hold me on it because they "don't want to lose a sale". I already made up my mind I was going to pick the car up, so it didn't really matter what they said to me.

By the way, I took some pics at the shop, but need some instructions on posting it here. Anybody?