G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Random G35 Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Random G35 Questions

Question 1: Anyone who owns a g35 should know that the driver seat has two "extra" seat adjustment options. My question is if anyone actually uses it? I've had my car for almost a year and a half, and still have not used it while driving.

Question 2: Is there any way to put the steering wheel back to the position that it came in when I first bought the car? It was perfect in the middle when I got it. But I let my dad touch the car and he pushed it all the way in, and now I am looking for that "perfect" position that it was in.

AS you can see, I am pretty **** or have OCD or something.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Why would you adjust your seat height while driving? It's one of those things where you find what's comfortable and leave it.

Old 06-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DO A FRIGGIN' SEARCH!!! Just kidding. The two extra buttons adjust the up/down of the front of the seat and the other does the back end. The others do the forward/reverse of the whole seat. The steering wheel control and be pulled/pushed forward and back, not just up and down. Hope that answers your question. It's also in your manual.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:45 AM
Lol. I know what the buttons do. I was asking if any of you guys used it (because all the guys I know that own g35s don't use it). As far as the steering wheel I know you can push/pull but when my dad drove it he pushed it all the way in, and I was wondering if there was anyway it could go back to the middle position it originally came in. (Not all the way in and not all the way out). I also didn't mean adjust positions while driving, I meant if anyone just used the buttons in general. Sorry for all the misunderstanding. I hope what I asked is clearer now.

Old 06-02-2006, 04:07 AM
I put the back of the seat to the floor and the front all the way up... Keeps my *** firmly planted. I don't like flat seats, infact when I get in my maxima and sit down it makes me sad.

Old 06-02-2006, 08:36 AM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Amarao
I put the back of the seat to the floor and the front all the way up... Keeps my *** firmly planted. I don't like flat seats, infact when I get in my maxima and sit down it makes me sad.
^^+1
I adjust it on long trips sometimes but mostly it's in the lounge chair position.

Driving my Dakota after being in the G is like sitting in a church pew.

Old 06-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by inspector_yoo
Lol. I know what the buttons do. I was asking if any of you guys used it (because all the guys I know that own g35s don't use it). As far as the steering wheel I know you can push/pull but when my dad drove it he pushed it all the way in, and I was wondering if there was anyway it could go back to the middle position it originally came in. (Not all the way in and not all the way out). I also didn't mean adjust positions while driving, I meant if anyone just used the buttons in general. Sorry for all the misunderstanding. I hope what I asked is clearer now.

There isn't a default setting. My suggestion is to get it close to where it feels natural, then drive around for a few days. Try to put the setting out of your mind, or drive around without adjusting it long enough till you forget about it. By then, you may find that if you make a new adjustment it will feel awkward and the setting you made a few days earlier is your new comfort setting.

Did that make any sense?

My son changes my seat position every other day. Just when I get used to where I put it, I have to arrange it again. I understand your frustration. Wish we had memory settings.

Old 06-02-2006, 10:00 AM
G35driver Addict
I used all the adjustments when I got my car for the first few times i drove to find a comfortable position. And no one else drives my car so I never need to adjust it unless i feel i want to change positions. The steering wheel also, just adjust it to where you can see all the gauges. Mine is all the way down and all the way out because my seat is all the way down and a little back.
In conclusion, adjust the car to where it is comfortable for you, don't adjust to the car. Remember you own it.

Last edited by izmir41500; 06-02-2006 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes, I use all the power options for the seat. Like others have said, using only one would make the seat flat, and I like it to be high by the knees and low under the a$$.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
I use the up on my seat. I'm not tall and it prevents me from looking like a little kid driving thier parents car. It also prevents the seatbelt from cutting across my neck and making weird red marks. The only drawback is when I have the sunroof open. I'm closer to the roof and my hair flies up. Remember that series with little kid with one hair sticking up in the back? Add long red hair....lol

My 06 has two memory settings that work with each key. If I've changed anything, it goes back as soon as I get back to the car. I wimped out getting the AT, but the keyless entry is awesome.

grace

Old 06-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Am I really stupid enough to have had my 04 coupe since last January and not realized that we had tilt and telescope? I was most definitely under the impression that our steering wheels did not telescope. Tell me I'm wrong so I can run through the rain out to my car to fiddle with it.

edit:never mind. I just looked it up. The 04 at least didn't have telescoping wheel. Damn these long legs.

Last edited by irvbulldogs72; 06-02-2006 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:13 PM
thanks

The main reason I ask this question is because when I drive normally I like it the seat leaned back like a lounge chair but when I drive a little more agressive (not just racing but like going through windy roads, or sometimes during on ramps, etc.) I like the seat very straight like a bucket seat. I wish I had memory settings because even I feel like there are two drivers inside me. Does anyone else know what I am talking about?