G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Post Your "One-of-a-kind-mods"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2006 | 10:58 AM
E_K
From: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
I like that silver carbon fiber interior. Usually the carbon fiber interior doesn't look right in our cars.

If you want pics, here's a bunch of pics, some previously posted, others not:

First some of the polishing work on the engine:

Halfway through polishing the intake manifold.

View from the bottom of the intake manifold portmatched into the lower plenum runner.

View from the intake manifold portmatched to the intake runner of the head.

This is an older pic, but still one of my favorites.

Everything was portmatched, including the venturi ring on the popcharger.

And now some headlight pics:

TSX on top with custom shields to get rid of that rainbow and dip on the right of the beam pattern. The clearance strip is CCFL.

The TL projectors on the bottom have a purple tinted clear lens that sharpened the cutoff.

Beam pattern.

This was another forum member's car that I did the headlights for. Unfortunately I'm too busy with work and other mods to concentrate on headlights ever since I finished my retrofit.

Some interior stuff. I'm not a big fan of changing out the interior, so I only went with minor items, trying to make it look OEM.

The M35/45 shift ****. I typed out a brief DIY somewhere in this forum.

Just the trim piece spray painted, clearcoated, wetsanded, and buffed out.

Brakes:

Brembo calipers, custom relocation bracket that I had to design myself, with a 345mm 2 piece floating rotor. Also using Nismo front pads, Stoptech SS lines, and Motul fluid.

The weight of the front rotor on a bathroom scale.

Rear OEM 6MT calipers painted red with G2 paint to match the front, and then Brembo logo painted on.

The rotors are Stoptech 2-piece floating rotors. Stoptech SS lines, OEM Brembo pads. I'm changing them out to Nismo pads next time. The Nismo pads have about the same amount of bite, but much less dust.

The tires are 265/40/18 Pilot Sport 2's. Unfortunately they wear faster than the regular Pilot Sports.

Now just for some fun pics:

Drift rims!

Installed!

Old 07-07-2006 | 11:13 AM
|
RugRatCoupe
twinsnails, paranormal, KPierson & E_K where have you guys been hiding all this cool stuff?
Those are some incredible original Mods!!!

twinsnails...I like your Integrated gauges , CF & Suede inserts...

paranormal...
That custom molded Impul rear bumper with retractable license plate is Sick. So how is it retracted springs, servo's, pneumatic arm ???
I used to have a retractable spring loaded tag on my sportbike years ago...

KPierson...
You should build and market that Custom front bumper, thats one of the nices ones I've seen! Can you elaborate a little on how it was built?
Also on your passenger mirror that tilts down when in reverse, is that from a JDM late model Skyline?

E_K... I've seen some your headlight work, but that is amazing! Top notch looks + functionality w/ that sharp cut-off beam pattern!
Your Brembo calipers w/ the custom relocation bracket and 345mm 2 piece floating rotors are really nice. That's what I wanted to do to mine, but had no luck so I ended up getting the A.P.Racing setup. Brembos Rock.
That little Gold Top Secret Silvia in the driveway is really detailed. What scale? RC ? If so, Gas or electric? I'm into RC, I have some 1/10 & 1/18th scale cars & 4 weedeater RC boats, Two "V"hulls a Catamaran & a Hydro...

Last edited by RugRatCoupe; 07-07-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-07-2006 | 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by twinsnails
Here are a few of my original mods:

Silver CF center console with custom gauge mounts
Ultra suede dash, headliner and seat inserts
Silver CF trim on door ultra suede door panels
Silver CF hood
Silver CF OE wing
That Silver CF is just fricken SICK! I love the dash and the hood.

Old 07-07-2006 | 11:45 AM
EK
do u offer the headlight painting service??? it looks gorgeous and have ben looking for someone that can do this cleanly.

i think this thread should be stickied so us not so creative owners can copy
jk, i hate the idea of people sharing their ideas and others just taking it... but some of the stuff here are things ide never dare try on my own car

ya, this thread puts me down to n00b status

great work by us G35drivers

Old 07-07-2006 | 12:05 PM
E_K
From: Toh-rensa,Ahteesia,Ahcadia,Montree Pak, Longa Beacha
Originally Posted by LIUser
EK
do u offer the headlight painting service??? it looks gorgeous and have ben looking for someone that can do this cleanly.

i think this thread should be stickied so us not so creative owners can copy
jk, i hate the idea of people sharing their ideas and others just taking it... but some of the stuff here are things ide never dare try on my own car

ya, this thread puts me down to n00b status

great work by us G35drivers
What color do you want them painted? I have an extra set of headlights, I could just paint these and send them to you. Do you have the 06 or 03-05 lights?

Old 07-07-2006 | 12:12 PM
black
pm me price with shipping to 92692 pleeeease!!!

also wondering how much if i wanted to add the bulbs on the top one too

Old 07-07-2006 | 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by KPierson

My OEM fog light switch turns my fog lights on and off independant of my headlights
How did you do that???

Old 07-10-2006 | 03:30 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Originally Posted by caskyline
...Digital tire pressure monitor mounted in sunglass holder.
Where'd you get the TPMS? I was thinking it would be a good idea to do that for us older models that don't have it.

Old 07-10-2006 | 05:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by RugRatCoupe
KPierson...
You should build and market that Custom front bumper, thats one of the nices ones I've seen! Can you elaborate a little on how it was built?
Also on your passenger mirror that tilts down when in reverse, is that from a JDM late model Skyline?
I briefly talked to the guy who made it about doing another one, but without the target car (and its FMIC) it would be really hard to make it fit perfectly. Also, shipping the bumpers is a pain so its not really feasable to ship custom molded bumpers.

The reverse tilt module is all custom designed and built by me (soon to be availible through KPtechnologies)!

Old 07-10-2006 | 05:04 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by aleok
How did you do that???
I designed a circuit to read the 'matrix' that the OEM BCM uses to multiplex all the switches on the turn signal staulk. When the fog light switch is in the 'on' position the module detects that its on and turns on its own independant output that drives a relay that turns the fogs on.

This, most likely, will also some day be availible through KPtechnologies.

Old 07-10-2006 | 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by caskyline
Things I have created are modified oem grills with no emblem,So far for the coupe, 03-04 sedan,FX 35,soon 05 sedan.My own grounding kit.Custom battery wiring.I do believe I was the first with painted radiator support.Fully polioshed supercharger (mounting plate & pulleys).Mid & Mid bass speaker mounted in doors.Skyline floormats.About 100 polished stainless steel allen bolts replacing oem bolts under hood.Mounted gauges in ashtray location.Digital tire pressure monitor mounted in sunglass holder.Painted tail lights.Digital eq display in cubby.
how did u make that battery holding bar? I just got an optima yellowtop too and i found that the oem black crap doesnt fit nicely at all since the battery seems to be a different size than the oem..

Old 07-10-2006 | 07:12 PM
Banned
On my red top I had to raise the battery tray by about 1" to use the OEM battery bar. I used 1" spacers from the hardware store and longer bolts. With the higher tray the battery was tall enough to use the bar.

Thats my Optima experiance.

Old 07-10-2006 | 07:13 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Originally Posted by KPierson
I briefly talked to the guy who made it about doing another one, but without the target car (and its FMIC) it would be really hard to make it fit perfectly. Also, shipping the bumpers is a pain so its not really feasable to ship custom molded bumpers.

The reverse tilt module is all custom designed and built by me (soon to be availible through KPtechnologies)!
When will the reverse module be done??? I remember reading that you had some problems with getting it to return to the original position...have you solved that problem? Please say yes

Old 07-11-2006 | 01:56 AM
Former Vendor
Premier Member
Originally Posted by imalazeeass
how did u make that battery holding bar? I just got an optima yellowtop too and i found that the oem black crap doesnt fit nicely at all since the battery seems to be a different size than the oem..
The hold down bar is from an old company, STR.I took it off my Accord.I did raise the battery up by using a piece of wood.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post Your "One-of-a-kind-mods"