G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Prelude driver here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prelude driver here

whats up guys? I'm currently looking at purchasing a G. Please convince me as I'm having a hard time giving up my Prelude. I read in a magazine that next years coupe will be offered in an AWD version. IS this so? Is insureance typically higher for you guys because as a Honda owner, I get raped.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:08 AM
G SQUAD
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Prelude driver here

I cant help you with the insurance part but I can tell you that I gave up my 97' SH in a hearbeat for the G. Go testdrive one trust me you will feel the difference once you sit in it. I personally couldn't stand my Prelude but it was giving me a few problems at the time so that was a big part of it. The G is faster, quieter, roomier, and much more stylish. Once you get the G you'll forget all about the Lude I promise. Oh yeah and I dont think you'll find much different answers than that on this forum. Good luck with your decision.

Old 10-01-2003, 08:13 AM

AWD should hit dealer floors around december.

car is nice, really nice. i used to have a civic and insurance wasn't bad, don't know how much more they charge for prelude.

i have manaul coupe, drives like a dream.

04 6mtC

Old 10-01-2003, 08:21 AM

how about a turbo or supercharger?? does infiniti plan on introducing FI?

Old 10-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Raped, eh? Does your insurance company actually classify the Prelude as a "high performance vehicle"? If not, then prepare to be raped without lube.

It's worth it, though. (Well, monetarily, anyway.. not the actual visual..)

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 10-01-2003, 09:28 AM

I had a 97 Prelude too and while it was a nice car there is no comparison to the G35. My wife's daily driver is the G while I drive a 2002 Grand Cherokee. We traded the Prelude in a while back for a 2002 RSX. Too bad the G35 coupe was not available then. If so, I would have never purchased the Acura. It had too much torque steer and was slow to boot. My wife hated it and so did I. We could not wait to trade it in on the G. 18 years ago, back in high school, was the last time I drove a rear wheel drive sports car. A big heavy V8 muscle car from the seventies. Now, I have a hard time to pull my wifes hands off the steering wheel to let me drive it once and a while. That never happened with the Prelude or RSX. Just go test drive one and you'll see and feel it for your self. Good luck!

Old 10-01-2003, 09:45 AM

I had a '99 Prelude with the Greddy turbocharger kit but parted it out since the G35 was out. I can tell you that the G35 felt faster than my turbo and I put down more whp and tq than my prelude. I miss the lude but the G35 is in a different class. I dont regret trading in the lude. You attract just as much attention with a stock G35 than with a BOV going pssshhhhh on the lude. Now inagine a G35 with a pssshhhhh sound [img]/w3timages/icons/shocked.gif[/img].

There are several FI kits for the G35 and 350Z since it is the same engine. But the fitment between both are just a tad different. As for the turbocharged kits, Greddy is coming out with one sometime. HKS apparently stopped production due to low response, and i heard Top secret has a prototype. Power Enterprise has one as a prototype but fitment is for a 350Z right now and they are using ball bearing turbo's. Hopefully it can fit on the G35. For the SC, Procharger is the way to go right now since you dont have to cut the top of your hood to fit the Stillen SC. As for Infiniti coming out with an FI...i highly doubt it unless you go to Japan and wait for the Nissan Skyline GTR Coupe to come out. It apparently will be TT or something.

Old 10-01-2003, 10:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AWD in December is Sedan only, and I believe AT only.

-Jack
Obsidian '03 G35 Sports Coupe
Titanium '03 MX-5 Shinsen #532

Old 10-01-2003, 12:10 PM
G SQUAD

I'm also an ex Prelude driver. There will NOT be a coupe AWD model, only a sedan AWD. Ask your dealer and he'll tell you the same. I'm not even sure if I'd want a heavier AWD system in the coupe, it would throw off the balance and who knows if it would be beefy enough to take any extra upgrades to make it worthwhile. Our cars with RWD are plenty fast. Throw some 275's on the rear and your car will hook up just fine.

Again - NO COUPE AWD. But yeah, take the plunge and get the G, you won't be disappointed!

03.5 6spd DG/G aero pk/kit
He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.

Old 10-01-2003, 01:59 PM

i don't know it feels weird if any coupe gets AWD especially g coupe... and acutally i don't know any coupe with AWD other than audi TT... most of time only sedan got the AWD... wrx, evo, 330xi, g35x, audi... am i wrong??

Old 10-01-2003, 02:25 PM

The AWD option in the Sedan is nothing like the AWD option in the r34 skyline. It is geared more towards traction control for nasty weather conditions. It will add more weight to the car, and probably steal horsepower, etc. If you really want a sporty AWD car, buy the subaru STi.

04' G35 / 6MT / Tein Basic Coilovers
Volk 19" GT-7 Gunmetal

Old 10-01-2003, 03:12 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

i had a prelude as well and like GforceI, i was having problems with it at the time and needed another car. once you test drive or buy the G you'll start comparing it to your prelude and you won't regret giving up that honda for it.

the only thing i really miss about my prelude is being able to park it anywhere. now that i have the G, i'm pretty **** about where i park it and who parks next to me. [img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

have fun test driving!

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>

Old 10-01-2003, 03:19 PM

Had a 74 vette before and i'm only paying $30 bucks more for 6 months. So insurance isnt too bad at what I'm payng which is $340/6months. I love my G you will too if you get one.

Old 10-01-2003, 04:00 PM

I had a prelude before (actually, it is still in my garage, my sister is driving it). While it is a nice ride, still looks nice even though it's been release more than 6 years. From today's standard i'd still say Prelude is still a nice looking car. But G35 is just different class, and much better looking car. As for insurance, i think Prelude has higher insurance rate than G35 coupe, at least in my area it is.

Old 10-01-2003, 05:01 PM

LOL. You will toss ur prelude in a sec after you testdrive a Gcoupe, specially 6speed one. Once you hear the purr of the engine in the test drive .. You will feel the power once you hit the streets. Interior, exterior is of finer quality and your lude will seem sluggish and clumsy after the G.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Prelude driver here