G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G-35.destroyed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G-35.destroyed

This actually happened back in April and I meant to post on here but I've spen the last three months overseeing it's reconstruction by Infiniti. Here's what happened:

At about 2:30am there was an almighty bang - I mean earth shattering. I thought our house was falling down the hill. I flipped, I've never jumped so high in my life. I was convinced something had happened to the house. So I jump out of bed, grab the flashlight and start inspecting the house for damage. Nothing. Couldn't find a thing. So I went back to bed after convincing myself that it was probably the cats knocking over a box downstairs or something.

Then at 7am that morning, a knock at my door. I figure the roofers are early and they need us to move the cars. No, it's my neighbor and all he says is "Dude, someone destroyed your car." and all I can think is "Please don't be the G35" - of course it was. That bang...was my car. Someone hit it going so fast that they lifted my car up into the air, ripped the wheel and the associated hardware right off the car, and pushed it down the hill. There is debris 30ft from the car. The skid mark goes down to the end of the street.

My beautiful, 5 month old car was no more.

Luckily, the cops caught the guy, he was insured, and he confessed. He's being prosecuted by the District Attorney for Hit and Run, and leaving the scene of an accident.

Despite what it looks like, it is not totalled. It has taken nearly three months to rebuild. The entire front end is brand new (except the engine) including the power steering, suspension, axel, and all associated mounting hardware. The driver side door is also brand new.

So I say this to you....cherish your G35 and for God's sake, DON'T park it on the street.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:54 PM
man those pics make me cry because it looks just like my car. your whole left suppension is totally ripped off. good thing they caught the guy though. show us some pics of your brand new front end.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:55 PM
wow...your really lucky the cops caught guy!

Old 07-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, that hurts to see a G like that. 2 thumbs up for catching the guy and getting it paid for. That front corner is pretty mangled but for some reason it looks as if it sould have been worse. The rest of the car looks like its in decent shape all things considered.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:03 PM
I tell you though, in a weird way, this is a ringing endorsement for the G35. The car was hit with such force that it sheared the control arms right off, something the infiniti dealer said he didn't think was possible. HOWEVER, the passenger cabin was completely, 100% intact. No damage. That is a safe, safe car.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear the car is going to whole again.

But, it took you three months to tell us about this?

looks similar to my hit and run last October, although I was going through an intersection and a guy ran a red light. sorry to hear - the damage looks very similar.

it ended up coming out to over $13K to repair that. The body shop ended up replacing much of my front end suspension which added a lot to the costs.

Unreal...

Originally Posted by lbcdefg35
sorry for the bad accident man...i woulda flipped out too.!!!!
im glad they caught the guy and you got paid..!!!
that pisses me off just thinkin about it...
good luck to ya in the future and just remember
2 glock 9's any mother fkr wisperin bout minez.!!!!
Holy cow...

Old 07-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Good thing no one was in your car.

Let us know if you are happy with the repairs.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by MrElussive
Jesus, sorry to see that. So do you have your car back, and is it in good shape and everything?
Not yet. I'm SUPPOSED to get it back on Tuesday, but I have a feeling that it will need to go back to the dealer for final tweaking, etc.

I'm going nuts without it. The other guy's insurance company paid for me to have a mercedes c230 for the time my car was in the shop, but c'mon...a c230 vs a G35? Please.

Oh and here's the best part...the guy lived 500ft from me. The cops just followed the trail of debris and skidmarks to his house. and he claimed in his statement to the cops that he thought he SCRAPED my car and that it wasn't a big deal.

You can see the debris and skidmark in this pic, both of which go all the way down the street.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:21 PM
THE BATMOBILE
jesus christ.........the nerve of that guy.......atleast they found him......sorry to see

Old 07-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I saw your pic and didn't even read the thread.. and my jaw dropped.. holy crap..

Then I read what happened.. I'm so surprised they didn't total it. I hope everything goes well.

I'm glad no one was on the street and in the car at that time.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
He told the cops he thought he just scraped it. That s#*t is funny. I would of loved to see the cop's look on his face when he heard that. Sorry about the car man. Glad to hear you will be getting it back soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.