G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why I don't have a G35 Sport Coupe.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2003, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Why I don't have a G35 Sport Coupe.

I really don't think it's reasonable to request a 'locked in' interest rate. The dealer, after all, isn't providing the financing. It's an unrelated bank.

Here's an idea that may work for you. Put the deposit down on a credit card. If things don't go the way you want, contact the credit card company and request a charge back since you never recieved the car. That may motivate the dealer to work with you to satisfy you completely.. especially on an oddly configured car.

I would probably verify (maybe with the credit card company) that you can actually do that. I've heard of other people doing charge back's on the deposit, but since I have not done one myself, I can't guarantee it.

Personally, I don't know what the big deal is with a slightly higher interest rate (if that should happen). I'm tier 1, and got 4.5%. Sure, that's not great but I paid 42k (which includes TT&L) for my coupe, put 25K down on it, and my payment is a bit below $300/mo. In my case, I really didn't care about the interest that much since the car will be paid off before the end of '04.

In your case, if the interest ends up higher, and it turns out to be 5 or 10 bux a month.. who really cares? It is a G35 coupe after all..

Old 10-06-2003, 04:20 PM

I don't have a crystal ball, but I don't foresee rates increasing a great deal before the end of the year. If anything they tend to go down to help lower inventory levels. How much are you financing? A 1% drop in rate equates to roughly $15/mo on a $30k loan at 60 months.

If we weren't all crazy, we'd all go insane!

Old 10-06-2003, 07:25 PM

I ordered my G from the same dealer in February, with the same deposit. As of the first week of June, they still could not tell me when I would get it. They like to hold onto the money as that area is very snobby ( aka rich). After arguing with the Sales manager and Feinberg (both A@#holes), the next day I got the exact one from Passport in Tysons Corner. George was a great salesperson. I do NOT TRUST NATIONWIDE in Timonium!!!

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, V1