G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

does g35 come with a good alarm system?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2003, 07:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does g35 come with a good alarm system?

if not, what kind of alarm do you guys recommend to get? i was thinkin about the viper 78x or something, with the pager thing on your keychain...

Old 10-07-2003, 07:41 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: does g35 come with a good alarm system?

It comes with a sufficient system, yes. I personally got a Code-Alarm TW1 system with two-way pager and remote start. I basically want the remote start feature, and if I was going with it, I might as well get the extra protection since I'm bypassing the key/chip safety mechanism. So far it works beautifully... I love that it tells me if people touch my car, and that I can check the internal temp and start if it it's too hot/cold... good toy, but also good alarm.

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint

Old 10-07-2003, 08:00 PM
Deep Sea Moderator

Geobau, you got a 5AT or 6MT? I'll be looking for an aftermarket alarm soon and was wondering how the remote start would work.

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT Coupe, nav, aero, V1, & TVs all up in the headrests.
Jax, FL

Old 10-07-2003, 08:01 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Alarm or not, if they want your car, they'll take it! Theifs aren't wasting their time with breaking into cars to bypass alarms and whatnot anymore. They bash your window or jimmy your door, reach in, pull the hood or trunk (depending on where the cars battery is at), disconect it or the siren, which 9 out of 10 times is right there under the hood or by the front grill / bumper, close everything back up, pull the plates off, and tow your car away. It's QUICK, looks like just another disabled vehicle, no one says or questions anything. You have a few seconds of alarm noise, but most bystanders see the tow vehicle and assume its AAA. That's the most popular way these days to boost high end cars. Take it, and worry about everything inside later once you get the car back to your place / shop.

So my advice to you is not to spend your hard earned money on a high end system. The Alarm in the G and integrated key identification system the G uses makes it a real winner among alarm and security systems. Basically your G WILL NOT start if your key is not in the ignition. That simple, but once again, if its a pro whos gonna jack your car, theres nothing you can do, but it will keep them amatuers busy tearing apart your dash trying to get it to go.

The BEST protection in my eyes is an inline LINE LOCK for the brakes. Its a simple device you install into your cars brake lines and when applied it will apply full brake pressure to the front and rear brakes. This will prevent the car from moving, thus making it harder (not impossible) for someone to tow it. It will elminate anyone with a two dolly thats for sure (who may plan on taking it either from the front or the rear), and most anyone with a flatbed too, since they'll have a bitchen time to get the car to go up the ramp.

Line locks are sold for around $50 to $100 and are available from most race supply shops like Summit Racing. They're made for drag racers who want to lock up their front brakes while they warm and spin up their rear wheels. Along with the device you will also need some brake tubing, and how much will depend on where you want to install it. Obviously, you want to keep it hidden, and they even have ones with a key locked. As an example I had a front and rear remote line lock installed in my Denali which was activated via a hidden toggle switch inside my car and the whole setup cost me right around $250 and took about 2 hours to install.

Well, I hope this info helpls
Good luck to all.....

Old 10-08-2003, 03:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have remote start installed too. It's awesome!! I can warm up my car first by just pressing one button!! Also, there are many good features that I really want. For example, when you start the engine, the doors will be automatically locked. If you turn off the engine, the door will unlock!! If someone touch my car, my pager will "bi".
My friend installed it for me for $400. I wonder how much does it cost in retail store?

Old 10-08-2003, 05:44 AM

i heard now, they write down ur vin # n some how make copy of the key at a dealer or something n drives away... happend at CA n NY i heard... i put a tape over my vin # hehe

Old 10-08-2003, 03:30 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

That is true, it can happen, but it's most likely an inside job then, becouse you need a few things in order to get a fresh key cut from the dealer...

1 - You need to show proof of ownership of the car - IE; the title, and or registeration card, or in some cases, a special key card or tag you must show in order to have a key cut. Without it they wont help ya, and the only way to get another one is to have one sent to you.

2 - You need to have a minimum of two forms of ID for yourself showing that it is you that owns that car.

So if you're someone off the street, it's gonna be very tough if not impossible, unless, once again if it's an inside job and or if you know someone on the inside.

Second, to combat "inside jobs" such as this one, many dealerships are using special software that wont let you cut the key, unless you enter the vehicle owners information and it must match whats on file in their or the DMV's database. It's like getting software for your computer, but not having the serial or access code to use it.

Covering up your VIN isn't gonna do anything, in fact it may even land you a ticket, as that's the only way a police officer can cross reference if the registeration you have matches the car, and if he see's it "taped up" it may get you in merk waters. That's a HUGE no no!

Old 10-09-2003, 11:19 PM

You can just shove a card or envelope or some paper thing over the VIN on the dash. It can be easily removed if the cop asks to see the VIN.

The G35 comes with a good immobilizer system. The horn & lights don't go off much, though.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 10-09-2003, 11:26 PM

hey ducatiguy, is that your g35 in your sig? the black one? does it have the rear underbody spoily, aero splash guards and the front spoiler?

i want mine like that, but at the dealer they said i can get the rear underbody spoiler and aero splash installed when i buy the car, but they said they cant install the front chin spoiler cuz they said it has to come from the factory that way and thats the only way i can get it, sigh... wtf? makes no sense...

Old 10-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Premier Dough Slapper

and when the cars parked and you're not in it?

Old 10-10-2003, 05:24 AM

oh ok thanks ducati