G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

g35 feels really fast!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g35 feels really fast!!

Well, I had a G35 loaner today, as my FX35/awd/tech needed a window replaced. My other car is a 350Z. So in one day, i sampled three different vehicles based on the same platform and the same engine.

It was a real eye opener - as nissan has managed to craft 3 completely different animals. I was pleasantly surprised by how much "engine" the g35 sedan has. I understand now how some of you guys feel that the sedan felt faster than your coupe - b/c it felt faster than my 6MT Z. Of course this is perception only as i'd look down and be doing 50 when I "should" have been doing 75.

I also enjoyed the ride and handling of the g35, I switched off the VDC several times and took the g35 through some nice drifts.

IMO however, the area the G falls flat on its face is its interior. I was expecteing a lot from it - based on how much I hear how much better the G interior is than a Z. Maybe the FX has spoiled me - but the materials on the G are really poor and crappy. The glove box, sunglasses holder and sveral other bits lacked that "zero touch" feel I've grown acccustomed to. Also, the yellow LED display on the console and the top dash are CHEESY IMO. And I've heard the complaints about the painted aluminum center console...well I had a black car and *THAT* thing had those dull scratches in it - that aint going away.

Boo for nissan/infiniti.

at least the Z dash has that rubbery finish to it - prevents scuffing and the like.

Old 10-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Re: g35 feels really fast!!

Odd you say that, I feel the complete opposite and so does my boss that owns a 350. Constantly complains the dash looks cheap. I will admit, our gauges seem a bit old-manish, however the amber lights are more easy on your eyes as well.

04' G35 / 6MT / Tein Basic Coilovers
Volk 19" GT-7 Gunmetal

Old 10-09-2003, 12:47 PM

when you say the g35 feels really fast. For some reason to me it always feels so slow. and i came from a car that was much slower. a slightly modded civic ex. Maybe it's because i haven't gotten the chance to actually run anyone in the G. who knows. just my .02

04, Twilight Blue, Premium, Aero

Old 10-09-2003, 01:34 PM

umm.. if i remember correctly civic EX manual will barely run mid to high 16s and all g's run low 14s... um.. there is huge gap b/w those 2 cars... i just can't understand why you can't feel the difference... i had 02 accord ex v6 which much faster than civic but i felt g so fast compare to my accord even when i was in break in period... and obviously, you don't need to actually run anyone in the G to feel ur car is fast...
your G is fast trust me...

Old 10-09-2003, 01:42 PM

I have never understood this. If someone thinks the stupid dash lights are cheesy, JUST CHANGE THEM! Better yet, pay someone else to change them :P. As for the G not feeling fast to a Civic EX .... excuse me while I start laughing *10 seconds later* ok so anyway, your G is friggen fast, and if you don't believe me you should push the gas pedal more than 1/4 of the way down.
Peace

Old 10-09-2003, 01:44 PM

i didn't mean in any way that the civic was close to the g. it just doesn't feel all that fast to me, I mean i know it's a fast car. But when i'm driving it really doesn't feel that fast. it's really hard to explain. The only time it has felt fast to me was racing a stang, we get next to each other at about 40/45 i drop second and have him by 4 or 5 cars by the time i hit 3rd.

04, Twilight Blue, Premium, Aero

Old 10-09-2003, 01:54 PM

The 350z 6MT will blow the doors of a G35 sedan auto. This from a man that purchased the 21st century version of the AMC Pacer. In 5 years people, including your self, will be looking back and saying..."what were they thinking when they made that vehicle." I test drove it and it reminded me of the batmobile Super long hood...but to each his own. I not flamin ya, I just for the life of me understand how you come to that conclusion.

Old 10-09-2003, 02:05 PM

before this becomes a pissing contest over G vs Z. Lets get this clear. To my knowledge if you dont break in your car you will get a better performace but your engines life will be shorten and vise versa. Now, i know for a fact that the dealerships do not break in cars. Maybe thats why I too when i drove the sedan loner car it felt faster than my 6mt. Maybe because we know its a loner car so we mash on the gas pedal more and carefree. I know i do. Now when i drive my own car i baby the car. Plus i find the auto cars more sensitve to the pedal so it reacts faster than the manuals. Maybe that is also a reason why it seems fast because the reaction from the auto is faster. just my .02

Old 10-09-2003, 02:44 PM

I think what DUNBAR is trying to say, is that the G feels really stable and grounded and quiet at speed. and that he can't really "feel" how fast he is going. going on the freeway in a civic on the other hand, FEELS kinda fast cuz that car is light and you probably fear for your life as you pass between 2 trucks.

you should really think of this as a good thing about the G.
if you want to FEEL the speed, I suggest you try some 180cc go karts with no suspension and mechanical breaks. 35mph will feel like 60...

Old 10-09-2003, 02:49 PM

ohhh i think i i finally got it what you mean by g doesn't feel fast compare to civic...
correct me if i'm wrong, better stable and handling makes car make don't feel any speed... howerver when i had 92 accord for few weeks i felt speed really well at 60 or so due to steering wheel shakin car shaking etec... but when my friend gave ride b4(03 M3) he went all da way up to 100 but it felt like 35... Dunbar isn't this what u feel? if i understood you, i agree with you, my g feels slower than my 02 accord v6 cuz i can't feel any seed on my g when i'm at 90+ while i can feel the speed and felt fast when i cruisng in my accord at 80mph...
i probably don't feel any speed and will feel slower in ferrari enzo compare to my g...
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by uheenada on 10/09/03 11:51 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 10-09-2003, 03:13 PM

DUNBAR, i feel the same exact way you do... I am not saying that the G35 coupe is slow...i am just saying it doesn't feel like a 14.2 car.... i mean IMO i use to own a 99' acura GS-R, even tho it was modded it felt not that much slower then my G. When i think of the G, i dont think of it being fast, just a 2 door altima with a little more kick. but that is just my 2 cents...i really should have gotten an M3...but i do love the G, the G is a cool car, and it is in fact a kick *** car in the price range...but doesnt feel FAST, just quick! no offense anyone... just IMO

116693-youlooktasty.jpg

Old 10-09-2003, 03:18 PM

It doesnt feel fast to me either thats why I find myself speeding all the time without knowing it. This car is fast I dont care what others say, definatelly after a couple of mods. And for those that dont feel it open the windows and floor it, you will feel it

Old 10-09-2003, 03:54 PM

You probably don’t feel like you’re going fast cause the G35 is quieter compared to a Civic or an Integra.

It’s funny when I see some kids with garbage can sized exhausts on their Civics and think they’re faster then anyone else out there, cause their car makes so much racket.

Old 10-09-2003, 04:22 PM

What i've found that is kind of funny is that the G35C and 350Z AUTOMATIC tranny cars feel faster than their 6MT equivalents. Makes me wish I had gotten an auto instead.. and yes, i know how to drive stick

Old 10-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not fast? You need to kick wonder woman out of the car

Jim
'03 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite

Jim
'03 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio

116759-wonder woman.jpg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 feels really fast!!