G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Did a stupid thing today...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did a stupid thing today...

I was driving my '04 coupe down the road today and I accidentally pushed the stick into reverse while driving 40mph or so. Tires locked up and I immediately slid it into neutral. Pulled over, then put in drive and everything seems to be fine. Called an Infiniti dealer to get their take and they said if no warning lights came on and the car appears to function fine, I should be OK. The tech these cars are pretty tough and able to handle this type of thing - but not on a regular basis of course. It's an automatic.

Anyone done this to their precious G before? I feel like an idiot and my heart was in my throat. I am still having flashes of the event... I hope I didn't do any permanent damage.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ouch! Hope everything is okay. Were you trying to use the tiptronic but didnt slide to the right? It's really easy to shift up to N or R when you try to shift up in tiptronic but forget to slide to the right. I think they should've made a safely feature for R, liking having to press the brake down.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:21 PM
You got it! I've been using the tiptronic a lot lately and I just switched it back on the way back home, but somehow had a brain fart...

Old 08-07-2006, 09:33 PM
I did it once with a RYDER moving truck! I was doing a cross country drive towing my car and wanted to let it coast down a hill just out of curiosity. Well, one click too far on the shifter!! It died, slowed ALOT, I put it in neutral and coasted to a stop. I crossed my fingers and started it up, no problems, drove to Seattle and returned it.