G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

stock alternator and battery questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stock alternator and battery questions

does anyone happen to know off hand how many amps the stock alternator puts out in our coupes?

also i ran a digital multimeter on my battery while the car was running with my audio system off, and it runs at around 13.80 - 13.90, Will i still get full power from my amps at this voltage level? Reason I ask is my car jerks upon shifting when my bass hits at high volumes. I'm just trying to figure if its my battery or what that's causing the problem.

I been trying to find places all around to see if they have stronger alternators with bigger outputs for those with lots of intensive power hungry devices in our cars, such as amplifiers, and etc... i couldn't find any. I even tried to see if anyone can take our stock one and rebuild a strong alternator from it. They told me that the car is pretty new and there are no parts necessary for them to do this. So what am I spose to do now? My only hope was to spend some money on a bigger alternator for my car which should solve all my power problems. But it looks like I have to find another way.

Old 08-09-2006, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lbcdefg35
there is a guy selling a 200 amp alternator.!!! just look in the for sale section.
our stock alternator is 110 amps..yea pretty ****ty if you ask me.
this will cure all your problems and yes 13 volts is ok if your not banging the wheels of your car..im an audio nut myself..once you replace the stock alt to a good one with 200 amps or better,your car will blow colder ac lights will be brighter and ull see the car come more alive.!!!!
good luck.!!!
and you will lose Horse Power when the VQ has to work harder to twist the new alternator plus it will add a couple of pounds to the front of you car

Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
200amp alternator? is it a rebuilt one or a brand new one? do you happen to know who that person is, i'm interested in getting one, but til this day couldnt find anyone or any place that sells a stronger alternator for our cars.

how much hp will you lose? im assuming not that much?

my only hope to cure this problem of my cars jerkiness in shifting when the bass hits hard is either to replace my stock battery with an optima yellow top, get a grounding kit, or get a strong alternator... i really hope i can find a fix to this problem i'm having. I'm only running a jl 500/1 and and 300/4, and i've seen other members on the forum running jl 1000/1 and 450/4 without any problems. I just don't get why it's just me whose having this odd problem...