G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

front under body spoiler question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
front under body spoiler question

i was at the infiniti dealer today and they told me i can put on the rear piece and the aero splash guards for the aerokit known as ak2 or something, but they said the front under spoiler chin is not an option and comes str8 from the factory like that? wtf is that true, thats stupid, if they are able to put the back piece and the aero splash guards why cant they put the front under body spoiler? sigh, they told me it might become an option in a few months, but i would have to pay extra to get it and pay for installation, wtf, you cant get this alone when you buy your car?

Old 10-09-2003, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: front under body spoiler question

I think they don't make them as an option yet thats why. They don't manufacture extras to sell if you get wht Im trying to say.

Black / Black 2004 GcoupeMT. Premium. Splash Guardz.

Old 10-09-2003, 11:27 PM

ok, but how come they can add the rear under body spoiler and the aero splashguards then but not the front chin spoiler? i dont get it...

Old 10-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't even begin to count the amount of times I have tried to order the front lip from Infiniti. One dealer even charged my credit card like $400 and change, but then had to refund me when they found out the part was on back order. After making some calls what I have heard and the only thing that makes sense is that Infiniti is redesigning its front lip to make it easier to install. The last ETA I heard was early Winter of 2003. I decided to get a Stillen lip instead. It cost me $280 for the lip, $30 for shipping, $75 to paint, and I nstalled it myself in like 30 minutes.

Old 10-10-2003, 12:23 AM

ducatiguy, ahhh i see, yeah thats what my salesman told me, that they wont get in for a couple months and later on i can get it installed if i want... so i said fine... just gimme the aero splash and rear piece for now... does the oem front chin spoiler make the car look lower? or not really?

Old 10-10-2003, 08:20 AM

A lot of people don't like the look of the Stillen chin spoiler but everyone that sees mine comments on how well integrated into the design it is. I really like it!

Larry Bushaw - 6MT coupe - "Second place is the first looser"

Old 10-10-2003, 08:39 AM

My dealer told me it may be available in January. I do not like the Stillen and then Infiniti one is clean. You could also try a body shop and see if they can order like the car was in an accident.

2003.5 G35C BL/GR, NAV, PREM, AERO, TINT, SPORT, Splash, V1

Old 10-10-2003, 09:09 AM

Does anyone have a picture of the infiniti front under spoiler chin? And a picture of a car without one? What is the chin for?

2004 G35 Coupe 6MT- Aero (late April)
1997 BMW 540ia M5 Bumper with Angle Eyes

Old 10-10-2003, 09:42 AM

well I think the chin spoiler makes it look lower... I actually haven't seen one in person yet and every time I go to the dealer they didn't have one in stock to show... so I ended up having to order mine... it integrates very well with the car...

personally I like the stillen lip but only on certain colors... like the white one someone posted earlier... the NISMO lip spoiler is really what I want but it's too expensive right now...

there are a ton of pics of the aero kit floating around... just go to the rides section or search the forum... I just searched and put in aero kit and it gave me these threads:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...view=&sb=&vc=1

https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...view=&sb=&vc=1

I got it on mine to add some more uniqueness to my ride...I didn't want to go all out and get an aftermarket kit because those usually don't go well with the car. It's simple and subtle enough that it's not overpowering...