G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

First encounter with an SRT4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry First encounter with an SRT4

Last night I was out with the girlfriend running some errands. We were on our way home, it was a great night for a drive. Windows down, sunroof open, music on. It was relaxing... All of a sudden I see lights come up real quick behind me. He jumps in the lane next to me and comes up beside me. It was a black Dodge Neon SRT4. I have go give him props though, the car sounded mean, especially hearing the turbo when he'd get on it. It was a true ricer-mobile though, unfortunately. One of the things I noticed was a logo over his 3rd brake light that said "Got Boost?". That made me laugh to say the least.

Well this guy kept toying with me, and I told my girlfriend in the passenger seat that he was wanting to race. She started asking some questions like "Whats an SRT4?" I told her it was a Neon with a turbo, but that they were pretty quick. At this point, the kid was right next to me, and the little punk in his passenger seat was looking at me all straight faced and serious like (he was a TINY kid, looked no older than 14). RIGHT then, my girlfriend just busted out laughing. She goes "But its a freaking NEON!". At that point, we both started laughing hysterically. Well he got in front of me to get around a car, I passed the same care and moved back over to his left and pulled up next to him to get a look at the driver. Keep in mind, this is all rolling at about 30-35 MPH in a decent amount of traffic. The driver looked like this tall lanky kid, MAYBE pushing 18 or 19. He kept revving the engine and crap, then he'd put it in gear and 'take off', which was really jumping on the gas for 20 feet until he ran out of room from the car in front of him. He was really itching to race, or get some kind of point across to me. The thing that pissed me off most about this is that he is playing around like this on a pretty busy 4 lane road (2 going each direction). The entire time the two in the neon kept looking in at us all serious like "look at my bad@$$ car", but we were just cracking up. That thing sounded mean as hell, and I'm sure it would have stomped on me, but the way those kids come across is just ridiculous.

Well we came up to a stop light where I was going to have to turn left. We were going to be next to each other at the light, so I stayed in the lane to go straight. I wanted to talk to the guy in a BAD way. Of course, right before we came to a stop and I had the chance to lean over and get my first word out, he made a quick right and kept going... It REALLY seemed like he was avoiding conversation all together. Anyways, it was a pretty pathetic encounter to say the least. The demeanor of the driver and his passenger was pretty childish, and I'm guessing he probably isn't responsible enough to be driving that car to begin with. Nevertheless, I could see the jealousy in his eyes as he scoped out my G .

In a 1/4 mile or 1/2 mile track situation, what kind of results whould a 2003 6MT see against an SRT4? Just curious.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:00 AM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
stage 2+ you'd lose

Old 08-13-2006, 10:04 AM
Do they come that way from the dealership?

Old 08-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Ha ha, thats funny Jelly, almost the same thing happened to me on the way home from work yesterday. in traffic a SRT-4 Crap box was next to me, and I guess he thought he was bad since he put a BOV on it. but he kept revving up and pulling up the 20 feet as well. he had like 3 other people in the car, two chicks and some gay looking dude. but once it opened up I went WOT and smoked him, he didnt even try once we got open, which is why he is a poosy for two reasons, one he has a neon that he thinks is bad @***, and two because he didnt even back it up when it was wide open in front of us. haha I hate people. lol.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by shellguy05
Ha ha, thats funny Jelly, almost the same thing happened to me on the way home from work yesterday. in traffic a SRT-4 Crap box was next to me, and I guess he thought he was bad since he put a BOV on it. but he kept revving up and pulling up the 20 feet as well. he had like 3 other people in the car, two chicks and some gay looking dude. but once it opened up I went WOT and smoked him, he didnt even try once we got open, which is why he is a poosy for two reasons, one he has a neon that he thinks is bad @***, and two because he didnt even back it up when it was wide open in front of us. haha I hate people. lol.
I'm jealous of you! I dont have a TT to shove up his fart can...

Old 08-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
They are capable of low 13s with little mods.

I had a similar encounter on the highway where a guy in an SRT4 was trying to race me with cars 50' in front of us (we were going 60). Not sure why the SRT4 crows is always so eager to race.....

Old 08-13-2006, 10:31 AM
workin...

Originally Posted by Jellysick
Do they come that way from the dealership?
nope... but it's pretty cheap to get there i think

Old 08-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by Jellysick
I'm jealous of you! I dont have a TT to shove up his fart can...
Sorry Jelly, no TT yet, sig says thats at least what I am going to do. I want to wait till I am around 10K miles before I get it, and around then I will probablky be getting my bonus at work so it will all come together nicely. But yes then I will whomp on those gay little domestic ricers.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:42 AM
Florida G35 Club
these stories r pretty funny... the one from jellysick is hilarious... i wouldve gave him the finger an told him i got it on sale at target...

Old 08-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by absolutg
nope... but it's pretty cheap to get there i think

Yeah if my memory serves me right (not that it does often) to go to stage two is only in like the $300 - $500 range. that doesnt get much with our cars. lol. Then again I didnt buy a neon for a reason. lol.

Old 08-13-2006, 10:47 AM
I raced one on the freeway and lost by 2-3 cars, unsure of the mods...

Old 08-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Well my big thing is its all fine and dandy to have a little fun with your car (safely - i.e. not street racing). But what gets me is the attitude that these guys had. It cracks me up, especially when all they will do in the end is probably just hide behind their tinted windows and hope they don't get called out for being little punks.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:25 PM
Well at least you I and everyone know the truth, they are little punks.

Old 08-13-2006, 12:37 PM
jelly you should h ave raced him

Old 08-13-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by BoostedIS300
jelly you should h ave raced him
There was so much traffic that had I been dumb enough to race him, I could have only gotten MAYBE 75 feet before having to stomp on the brakes before rear ending someone. I'm not the type to do that, or swerve in and out of traffic racing (alone, or ESPECIALLY with passengers, the GF being more important than just about any other passenger too...)

If he wanted to go to a track, I'd race him. I'd probably shake his hand after he beats me too. If he hadn't dropped his punk @** attitude by then, I'd consider taking things further in teaching him a lesson on the difference between how tough he thinks he is and how tough he really is...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First encounter with an SRT4