G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe is too Japanese looking, UGLY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 12:40 PM
Widdle ya into kindling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe is too Japanese looking, UGLY

I was at the bar the other night for a going away party. I went outside to talk to some friends and ended up mentioning to a guy I did not know that I drive a G35 Coupe. He responded that he does not like them, they are ugly, too Japanese looking and that Audi is a real car. I am sure he used the word ricey somewhere in the conversation, but I cannot remember. I told him that he does not even know what it is (where I live, there are only a handful of Infinitis period). He replied that he does because he used to be a salesman and Steve Hahn VW Audi Suzuki (I remembered a couple of years earlier seeing a used 2004 6MT with major curb rash and 29,000 miles for almost $39,000 on that lot). So he probably does know what a G35 Coupe is. He kept going on and on and on about how Japanese cars dont use new technology and Audi is always on the cutting edge. I responded that Japanese cars use tried and true technology and that after owning a POS VW that had to have the engine and transmission replaced at 55,000 miles, I did not want the cutting edge of what does not work (VW AUDI). I went for reliability and pure sex. When I mentioned pure sex, he mentioned the GTI, he never even mentioned the R32. I told him that sure they are fast, but they are a girlie car. If you drive one IMO I think you must be a girl or are Gay. He denied it being a girlie car based on speed, so I mentioned the STI. That car is way faster than the GTI for the same price as an R32 and it is not girlie. I am laughing while saying these things because this guy was saying some of the dumbest things. I told him that I used to defend my VW in the same blind way he did when I owned one and now have animosity towards that POS. It was in the shop atleast 3 times a year. A major pain in the ***. He just keeps telling me how much better VW and Audi is than my Infiniti. I keep laughing.

Anywase the guy has to be about the most ignorant I have ever met. I wish I could remeber all the stupid things he said, but I was drinking. I understand that people are going to have different taste in cars, but I have never had someone say to me that the G35 Coupe is an ugly car. I also know that as far as performance and reliability the G35 Coupe wins hands down.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
On occassion I get into arguments like that, but the arguments are benign. A friend of a friend who has an early 90's 5.0 Mustang was like the Mustang is so much faster then the G35. I was like of course it is when you put a supercharger in it, stupid. Stock for stock I don't think so. Anyway... fast forward. I finish the matter off quickly by saying I can pick up hot chicks you can pick up butch ****s.... have fun

He agreed. Case closed. However the supercharger he put in is schweet. I gave him respect for that. The car is a mean bastard.

Old 08-13-2006, 01:53 PM
Thumbs up

come on you can put a supercharger or a TT setup in our G's too and then you ill have sexy and speed, the best of both worlds. Just like this kid the other day asked me what the point of going to a strip club was, I said beer and bitches, the best of both worlds.

Old 08-13-2006, 03:47 PM
That is weird. I've heard people rag on the performance aspects of the G, yet give credibility where its due and admit it is a gorgeous looking vehicle.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:53 PM
THE BATMOBILE
what a moron that guy is............like heeb said its usually the performance factor that is ridiculed

Old 08-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by truplay8
what a moron that guy is............like heeb said its usually the performance factor that is ridiculed
Everybody has their opinion, including G owners. Most of which think that the G coupe in stock form is a fast car. It most certainly is NOT a fast car. The amount of complaints on this site alone of coupe owners is evidence enough. And the coupe DOES have a rather large ghetto booty. OK, let me have it, I can take it.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ballisticus
Everybody has their opinion, including G owners. Most of which think that the G coupe in stock form is a fast car. It most certainly is NOT a fast car. The amount of complaints on this site alone of coupe owners is evidence enough. And the coupe DOES have a rather large ghetto booty. OK, let me have it, I can take it.
Granted that the G isn't that fast of a car but it's faster than an A4 and it's not that much slower than a $55K S4. I think Audi does a nice job with both the interior and exterior of their cars, but their quality is below average and their resale value really sucks. Come to think, rapid depreciation and poor quality go hand and hand.

Anyone who thinks that the G coupe isn't a good looking car is in a very tiny minority. I'll put the G up against any production BMW regardless of price. As a matter of fact the only car shape that I like more than the G is the 911, but just as many hate the 911's shape as those who love it. AS they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
Granted that the G isn't that fast of a car but it's faster than an A4 and it's not that much slower than a $55K S4. I think Audi does a nice job with both the interior and exterior of their cars, but their quality is below average and their resale value really sucks. Come to think, rapid depreciation and poor quality go hand and hand.

Anyone who thinks that the G coupe isn't a good looking car is in a very tiny minority. I'll put the G up against any production BMW regardless of price. As a matter of fact the only car shape that I like more than the G is the 911, but just as many hate the 911's shape as those who love it. AS they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I totally agree with that statement. I was and still am an Audi/VW guy. Ive owned a gti, a jetta GTX (gli in the states) and my bro owns a Gti VR6. Before I bought my coupe i was cross shopping it with an a4.

As far as quality goes, vw/audis are hit or miss. You either get a good one or a bad one simple as that. I found that the a4s were fairly underpowered for their size. Looks wise, I loved the a4 and still do. Interior is fantastic, better than the g i would say.

But what made me decide on the g was not just the fact that it is a bit faster, but that it looks a whole lot better. Im not saying the a4 is ugly, all their model years had very classic and great designs.

Also the main thing is the resale value. Take a look at all the a4s that are on the road now, and all the ones that are on sale. In 5 years, i bet i could get a much better price for my 6mt coupe then an a4 in a market thats almost saturated with them.

Basically I have never seen such a common agreement between people about how good looking a g coupe actually is. Everybody loves it, and i still havent met people that do not like the way it looks.

Also it buts when people talk about electronics reliablilty in VAG products and compare them to Nissan as a benchmark. We dont have the greatest reliablity with many of our electric components either. *cough* *cough* window regulators *cough* *cough.*

Old 08-13-2006, 11:46 PM
eventhough I own a G, German cars still > Japanese cars.

Old 08-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I enjoyed when we had colleagues fly in from Japan for a meeting. We were all going out to dinner after the meeting. I said I was going to get my car, and I can take someone with me to the restaurant. (Others went to get their cars as well.)

When I pulled up, I had the windows all rolled down. I could hear them speaking japanese to each other. They all turned towards me at approximately the same time, and one of them mumbled, "Oh! Skyline!"

I said I could only take one person, but they insisted on coming with me. So I ended up with 4 guys in my coupe. After dinner, a few of the other guys wanted a ride back to the hotel.

I thought it wasn't a big deal, because I didn't think my car would be anything special to them, but during dinner, they were saying that they only own a motorbike, and usually take the subway.

Good thing I spent the previous day washing/waxing/claying my car

Old 08-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by truplay8
++1

Old 08-14-2006, 01:42 AM
G35 is one of the sexiest cars on the road.

Old 08-14-2006, 02:01 AM
VW's are for guys with vaginas.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by patrickwong
VW's are for guys with vaginas.
lmaooooooo!!

what about an audi?? lol

Old 08-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Just ask him why Audi made the RS4 weigh in at 3900+lbs. They wouldn't know design if you threw it in their face.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe is too Japanese looking, UGLY