Old 08-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Soopa G
take it to the track, you've been watching too much Fast and Furious
+1.

Old 08-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leave the VDC on and watch for it to intervene. Your practical limit with the VDC off is a step (or few) beyond that, depending on circumstances and experience. Actually, depending on experience and circumstances, the limit could be right in line with the VDC.

If your experience is as extensive as you imply, you should have no trouble finding the limit safely. I have, and my only real drifting experience comes from a few very impressionable years (12-15) of driving a kart, mostly sideways, on asphalt. The practical experience of having owned mostly RWD cars during my 18 years of legal driving has been very beneficial in knowing how to find the limits of the G and exploit them, safely.

The all-important ability to use restraint when needed is something that only came with age and increased responsibility (wife, kids, etc. and the same for other drivers).

Old 08-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All off ramps are different........... is it off camber? Is it decreasing radius? Is it a double apex corner? Those are all factors which would determine entry and exit speed on any given corner.
Yes I agree. With all those factors some engineer determined a given safe speed for each exit, hence the sign. So with all the physics and centripetal force being exponential in nature, taking a turn at twice the velocity should increase force by 4. Tripling the recommended speed would increase the same force by 9. So, I know my old prelude can handle double w/ no worries.

i agree with everyone else, it doesnt matter. ontop of that, many offramps are different and vary, ive done double + 20 before, but thats because it was a strait line and the speed limit was 30. its not that big of a deal to show how fast you can go when you shouldnt be.

over the year ive been on g35driver ive noticed the posters are very mature, this isnt a civic forum where we can boast about how many tickets we have or how badly we killed that focus.
Knowledge is power, you should know. Mature? Not sure what your definition of mature is but seems the average age on this forum (per prior posts) is about 25 or so. Uh, yeah, the topics on a civic or G35 forum are pretty much the same - tickets, who beat what; the only diff i would say is the civic ppl have a little less cash and do a lot of the work themselves.

Last edited by mediabox; 08-16-2006 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Ca$hio
I've gone as fast as 25 mph!
damn now i feel embarrassed..

my top speed is only 10mph